Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 
 

 Something warranting viewing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Something warranting viewing.   Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry


Posts : 714
Join date : 2012-01-31
Location : Saturday is awesome.

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:37 pm

Hey I've seen this, it was an interesting take on economics and the economy in general. They do a great job of creating that grand monster scenario too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shiva
Admin
avatar

Posts : 488
Join date : 2011-08-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:38 am

That was badass beyond words.

_________________
Velocitas eradico; At terminatio velocitas, celeritas occidit.
AVE IMPERIATUS FERRUM,
AVE IMPERATOR.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 826
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 18
Location : At my computer, pwning s*** up with my warfrigate

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:13 am

I learned more in that half-hour than I do in a week of school.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:01 pm

Sentinel Tiel wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
Good thing I'm Australian.

Continue on this course and I will report you. This thread is about the state of the American economy and a magnificent educational video concerning it, and I am not about to let it get derailed.

It is not showing all facts correctly I believe. Even if it is it didn't suggest any solution. The bank is a very old invention, an ugly one and a necessary one. Without them you can't buy a house , open new business or do any other investment. Time proven - when you try to get rid of a bank you get yourself in trouble , primarily because you run out of money fast. Though banks are not a Jewish invention, it was left as a work for them by the Christian kings. Why ? because for some reason they thought Jesus forbids it.
Later on when some hater king take control, he starts murdering those Jews and take their money. As a result in his next war he needs more money, where would he get it ? all his possible loaners are either dead or ran away and moreover your enemy already got his loan , guess who wins ?

It is true that global economy goes to ugly places especially due to the trade of air (stock market) but currently there is no better model suggested.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2012-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:10 pm

Why do we need all of these modern things? sure i enjoy having a computer and such why cant life be like survival mode in minecraft no banks, no buying things, no businesses, and no religion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Ivan2006
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2096
Join date : 2012-05-08
Age : 19
Location : The Dungeon.

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:11 pm

Wow.
Didn´t know economy was that bad in america.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 955
Join date : 2012-06-20
Age : 18
Location : Neo Seoul

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:13 pm

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
Wow.
Didn´t know economy was that bad in america.
You didn't?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iv121
General
General
avatar

Posts : 2396
Join date : 2012-02-05
Age : 22
Location : -> HERE ! <-

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:02 pm

arsln100 wrote:
Why do we need all of these modern things? sure i enjoy having a computer and such why cant life be like survival mode in minecraft no banks, no buying things, no businesses, and no religion.

Buying a house is far beyond most people's salary, so you suggest leaving them homeless ? They take a loan to buy their house and then pay the price in smaller chucks with a percentage going to the bank (they need to make profit isn't ? )

Without loans you can't gather enough money to start your business. No new business - no economical development, and yea no matter what you do inflation will occur and without new money flowing into the system it is bond to collapse. You can't get rid of the banks and you can't live with them either.

Lets take it a step further . Do you know how much money it costs the government to maintain a country ? Far beyond what they can gather with taxes. All countries nowadays live in a minus. They pay their previous debts with new loans and make up for the percentage with more taxes, inflation and more dirty economical moves. Remember when there was a small crisis with the loan and your congress had to vote for increasing the debt limit. Turns out their dirty economical moves didn't make up for the percentage and now the time to pay the bill had come.

All global economy is one big bubble bond to explode when it runs out of money. The only way to solve this problem for now is to delay the explosion by bringing more money into the system , means more business, means more loans , means more debts means more money needed. Eventually someone makes a mistake and falls, carrying the whole global economy with him (like the dept issue in the USA which luckily but unsurprisingly ended well) .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2012-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:17 pm

Iv121 wrote:
arsln100 wrote:
Why do we need all of these modern things? sure i enjoy having a computer and such why cant life be like survival mode in minecraft no banks, no buying things, no businesses, and no religion.

Buying a house is far beyond most people's salary, so you suggest leaving them homeless ? They take a loan to buy their house and then pay the price in smaller chucks with a percentage going to the bank (they need to make profit isn't ? )

Without loans you can't gather enough money to start your business. No new business - no economical development, and yea no matter what you do inflation will occur and without new money flowing into the system it is bond to collapse. You can't get rid of the banks and you can't live with them either.

Lets take it a step further . Do you know how much money it costs the government to maintain a country ? Far beyond what they can gather with taxes. All countries nowadays live in a minus. They pay their previous debts with new loans and make up for the percentage with more taxes, inflation and more dirty economical moves. Remember when there was a small crisis with the loan and your congress had to vote for increasing the debt limit. Turns out their dirty economical moves didn't make up for the percentage and now the time to pay the bill had come.

All global economy is one big bubble bond to explode when it runs out of money. The only way to solve this problem for now is to delay the explosion by bringing more money into the system , means more business, means more loans , means more debts means more money needed. Eventually someone makes a mistake and falls, carrying the whole global economy with him (like the dept issue in the USA which luckily but unsurprisingly ended well) .

I never suggested leaving any one person alone. I simply stated that life would be better without the modern stuff IMO. then you replyed with an essay that frankly im to lazy to read.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Guys, when I become Earth's dictator this will be a thing of the past. Razz

VOTE TIEL AND NEVER GO BACK!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2012-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:47 pm

Sentinel Tiel wrote:
Guys, when I become Earth's dictator this will be a thing of the past. Razz

VOTE TIEL AND NEVER GO BACK!

Earth will not have a leader. period. We will be a free peoples!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:10 pm

It's logic like that that makes me want to rule with an iron fist!

Seriously, though, the whole notion of 'freedom' has become so distorted...I believe the founding fathers intended for that concept in the US to consist of free will under the supervision of the government. Not "I can do whatever the heck I want and no one can tell me otherwise!".

Under my regime people would still have free will, no secret police or anything, but your actions could and would be tracked to a reasonable extent to cut down on crime. Think US, but on a larger scale and without the folly it carries. Everything would be the same, save for us all being under one united leadership composed of a representative of each country to the Global Parliament which would keep the Chancellor's powers in check.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2012-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:14 pm

Sentinel Tiel wrote:
"I can do whatever the heck I want and no one can tell me otherwise!".



Not what i was going for either, i was going for: there will be no Gov't therefore each and every person is on thier own they have to get there own stuff etc. etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://arsln100.forumotion.com
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
avatar

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:14 pm

I vote Tiel for dictator of Earth.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:16 pm

Sentinel Tiel wrote:
Seriously, though, the whole notion of 'freedom' has become so distorted...I believe the founding fathers intended for that concept in the US to consist of free will under the supervision of the government. Not "I can do whatever the heck I want and no one can tell me otherwise!".
Your founding fathers built a nation and a constitution designed to give total freedom to property-owning white men. "All men are created equal"... except for slaves and poor people. And of course women don't count at all.

Also, you used 'vote' and 'dictator' in the same post...?

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 903
Join date : 2012-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Virginia

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:20 pm

LJS wrote:
"All men are created equal" And of course women don't count at all.


Women aren't men. :P


My view of humans: they are all stupid arrogant evil {CENSORED}
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:38 pm

arsln100 wrote:
LJS wrote:
"All men are created equal" And of course women don't count at all.


Women aren't men. Razz


My view of humans: they are all stupid arrogant evil {CENSORED}
...That's what I said.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
avatar

Posts : 1529
Join date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:41 pm

Take that Shiva!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:29 pm

05-032 Medicant Bias wrote:
Sentinel Tiel wrote:
Seriously, though, the whole notion of 'freedom' has become so distorted...I believe the founding fathers intended for that concept in the US to consist of free will under the supervision of the government. Not "I can do whatever the heck I want and no one can tell me otherwise!".
Your founding fathers built a nation and a constitution designed to give total freedom to property-owning white men. "All men are created equal"... except for slaves and poor people. And of course women don't count at all.

Also, you used 'vote' and 'dictator' in the same post...?

Because ethics were different back then. You don't give your cat rights, do you? But what if it was actually a super-intelligent sentient being chafing under your unfair rule and protests this by shoving your LEGOs off dressers? In a hundred or two hundred years, they would have rights, too.

But back in the 1700's slaves were considered little more than beasts incapable of coherent thought. Some saw through this, but they were unspoken. And now they have almost equal status to everyone when people realized it was wrong.

Now, in the 21st century, people are still subject to discrimination, but at least everyone is recognized as being more or less equivalent, save for the rednecks moronically disputing otherwise. As far as my usage of 'vote' and 'dictator' in the same post, that was to denote humor. In any case, this would have to be thought of as a fair ascension, and while my initial role would be that of a dictator, once every nation was dissolved into my hegemony, a Global Parliament would be formed and I would step down after 10 years of office to allow a new chancellor to regulate the universal government.

Surely you must realize that the entire premise of this forum is a mod that adds space travel to the game, and by extension, Earth will never achieve the true space travel a lot of people dream of while in a bunch of fractured states waging feuds over petty things. I'd also like to call up a story I once read in an Analog magazine - any sort of interstellar UN composed of aliens would have laws stating what constitutes a sovereign nation. A planet of bickering nations likely wouldn't be recognized as a potential member; more like a nice addition to snatch up with no laws forbidding it.

Even if I don't achieve this goal, someone else will, or we are doomed to extinction. We must have a global authority so we don't drive ourselves into oblivion over pretentiousness like debts and inflation! This video made me realize how utterly ****'d up our world is at the moment. Only a new world order could erase everything and let us start anew.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 938
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : in my office designing new ships

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:51 pm

Awesome vid

Already seen it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 3075
Join date : 2012-01-17
Location : Hahahaha.

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:41 pm

All I can say is I have a bad position. If we started to fall, I would need to move to san fransico. Where I live, we don't have wood.

_________________
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.


Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
avatar

Posts : 906
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Flying my logic bomber.

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:56 pm

We Canadians have a rather odd position in world economics. Although we are tied closely to the USA, we have good partners across both major oceans. We also have a largely resource based economy, so we are fairly secure from a supply/demand standpoint. Will we be hurt when the US economy comes crashing down? Yes. Will ours come crashing down with it? No.

The average personal debt has greatly risen since the 2008 crash, largely due to fixed-rate mortgages on the low national interest rate, but we have safeguards in place to help alleviate (though not completely avoid) a potential debt crisis. All in all, we're in much better shape than the States.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
avatar

Posts : 5497
Join date : 2012-02-20
Age : 20
Location : AFK

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:06 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
We Canadians have a rather odd position in world economics. Although we are tied closely to the USA, we have good partners across both major oceans. We also have a largely resource based economy, so we are fairly secure from a supply/demand standpoint. Will we be hurt when the US economy comes crashing down? Yes. Will ours come crashing down with it? No.

The average personal debt has greatly risen since the 2008 crash, largely due to fixed-rate mortgages on the low national interest rate, but we have safeguards in place to help alleviate (though not completely avoid) a potential debt crisis. All in all, we're in much better shape than the States.

This isn't just about the states. If you saw the video, every. single. nation. is paying off an unsurmountable debt until we all collapse. The whole thing is really stupid once you think about it, but you can't just rebel against the system.

I mean, look at us. We're at the verge of depleting our natural resources, every one of our countries is paying off a mounting debt and have nearly collapsed recently (*cough* Greece *cough* US *cough* *cough*), our educational systems seem to be getting less and less efficient, and to put the icing on the ***t cake bigotry is more widespread than ever. All because we have a bunch of stereotypes and people are terrified at the prospect of using their right to choose what's what. Even the CHINESE can do that, but no one opts to exercise it anywhere to any great degree of effect.

We're teetering on the edge of anarchy here, and our lifestyles will not stay the way they are right now. Something needs to happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 3033
Join date : 2012-02-19
Age : 104
Location : Coruscant

PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:10 pm

Sentinel Tiel wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
We Canadians have a rather odd position in world economics. Although we are tied closely to the USA, we have good partners across both major oceans. We also have a largely resource based economy, so we are fairly secure from a supply/demand standpoint. Will we be hurt when the US economy comes crashing down? Yes. Will ours come crashing down with it? No.

The average personal debt has greatly risen since the 2008 crash, largely due to fixed-rate mortgages on the low national interest rate, but we have safeguards in place to help alleviate (though not completely avoid) a potential debt crisis. All in all, we're in much better shape than the States.

This isn't just about the states. If you saw the video, every. single. nation. is paying off an unsurmountable debt until we all collapse. The whole thing is really stupid once you think about it, but you can't just rebel against the system.

I mean, look at us. We're at the verge of depleting our natural resources, every one of our countries is paying off a mounting debt and have nearly collapsed recently (*cough* Greece *cough* US *cough* *cough*), our educational systems seem to be getting less and less efficient, and to put the icing on the ***t cake bigotry is more widespread than ever. All because we have a bunch of stereotypes and people are terrified at the prospect of using their right to choose what's what. Even the CHINESE can do that, but no one opts to exercise it anywhere to any great degree of effect.

We're teetering on the edge of anarchy here, and our lifestyles will not stay the way they are right now. Something needs to happen.
Nuclear apocalypse, 75% of Earth's population is killed. All the rest have to work together to survive in the radioactive ruins of their cities. All those problems are solved.

_________________
Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Something warranting viewing.   

Back to top Go down
 
Something warranting viewing.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: