Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The Shivan Aerospace Corporation

Go down 
+10
hyperlite
blockman42
Laserbilly
Caramell
Avenger_7
Keon
Iv121
The Schmetterling
Tiel+
Shiva
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Empty
PostSubject: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:00 am

Here at SHIVAC, we strive to bring you the highest-quality implements of destruction we possibly can. In the interests of so doing, we acquired an island on which to house our component-manufacturing center, which contains multiple zero-g/vacuum environment chamber for large-scale manipulation of delicate equipment which would normally have to be built in a shipyard in orbit.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Having established a fortified perimeter, a command center and defense module, we set to work constructing an outlying anti-orbital/anti-missile defense system on a small island adjacent to ours.

Spoiler:

That complete, we set about beginning manufacturing of our SHV-32D "Long Drop" Red-Matter based Black Hole Devices... unfortunately, the seafloor manufacturing facility lost containment and a bit of red matter escaped confinement before safety protocols could phase it out of existence...

Spoiler:

Measures had to be taken to stop the black hole's expansion before it consumed the world we placed the facility on, and an SHV-28C "Annihilator" Matter-Antimatter device had to be launched into the black hole's maw...

Spoiler:

The fire mission was successful, and the whole incident happened to land near the test-detonation site of an SHV-24A "Heavyweight" nuclear demolition charge, so the craters were put up for comparison.

Spoiler:

SHIVAC officials say that production on warheads and weapons systems has not abated, and will increase in volume as the facility's self-replication processes continue to work their magic.

Last edited by Shiva on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:03 am

Okay, so what is this?
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:04 am

Prelude post to a shipbuilding thread.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:07 am

Suggestion:

Link lights up to a central controller in the compound with redstone instead of levers, make existing redstone less visible, either by making the facility bigger or being more intuitive.

I think that's it. Good luck with your enterprise, then, I suppose.

Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:05 am

Clever introduction, very cool, but this forum is about ships and their designs, not putting giant holes in the world.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:05 am

Mackeroth... I kind of know that. I did make it after all. Am I not allowed to have a cool introduction to get myself started? Yes, yes I am, to answer my own question. Now bugger off.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:18 am

Shivans ! Too bad it's not what I thin it is Sad
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:03 pm

What mods?
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:26 pm

If it wasn't for those mods I'd say come build ships on the server. But you'd have to use vanilla blocks.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Keon wrote:
What mods?
At least the ICBM mod, I guess?
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:58 pm

I don't have any mods other than ICBM and Millenaire at the moment, because ICBM doesn't play nice with most stuff unfortunately. I have a good HD texture pack going though. LIFE.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Unveiling its newest warship, the workers Windlass Island arm of the Shivan Aerospace Corporation took a celebratory day off to see the christening of the Avenger-class Destroyer Shanon Way, hovering just off-shore on repulsor power.

'The Ship':

'The Broadside:

Sporting 12 105mm Railguns across its two broadsides, these weapons are capable of firing antimatter-laden projectiles across massive distances to annihilate an enemy ship.

'The Engines':

Powered by 4 massive SubDyne SL-239 engines and 4 SL-235 undersize maneuvering drives, the Avenger is fully capable of chasing down any starship in the galaxy.

'Planetary Travel Capabilities':

Outfitted with four large repulsor units, the Avenger is capable of entering atmospheres and dropping a planetary assault transport beacon that uses sheer EW power to crack through any anti-teleportation in existence, allowing ground forces to land relatively unopposed.

'Command, Control and Sensing':

Sporting the latest in ship- and flotilla-command-and-control technology in the form of a SHIVAC proprietary bridge and holo-tank command suite, the Avenger is also quite capable of acting as a fleet or flotilla flagship should the need arise. For the detection of enemies and accurate fire control, the Avenger is equipped with an SSS SN/SPY-32C phased-array multi-function radar/lidar and an SN/GDA-34D gravitic detection array.

'Exterminatus Implement':

The Avenger also mounts the SLS-16 "Havoc" anti-shipping/anti-planetary missile launcher, capable of firing the full-up SSM-12 Surface-to-Space Missile "Armageddon", which can use a variety of warheads, from high-explosive, to kinetic, chemical, biological, cluster, nuclear, nuclear cluster, antimatter, and black hole munitions.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 4:12 pm

I don't know. There's detail and everything but the design..

I think it's the middle part. You could either make that thinner or make the forward module bigger. And add some wings, or some other pointless accessory that'll serve to enhance the outline.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Like this?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 5:16 pm

That looks better, what are they for?

Also, mac said to blame you for the new ranking. What's up with that? I was happy being a captain! Sad
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 5:25 pm

Yes, now looks muy better.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:57 pm

Awww, you named a ship after me? How cute! Wink
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:49 am

Why does everyone use obsidian in their builds?

On Topic: Cool stuff, and what mod are you using?
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:08 am

How come you can't use stone on ships but you can use volcanic glass?
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:06 pm

Because it looks ugly...
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:12 pm

Because the Obsidian was dark-colored. It's underlaid by iron, but I wanted some color on my ship, and the dark Obsidian has a certain menacing tone to it with my texpack.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:14 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
That looks better, what are they for?

Also, mac said to blame you for the new ranking. What's up with that? I was happy being a captain! Sad

They're flight pods... the Space! equivalent of a flight deck on a carrier.

And you have Tiel to blame for bringing it to my attention, don't blame me for crap.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:15 pm

Tiel!?

You mean Error!

You ain't pinnin this on me! also shiva please get on chatbox or hamachi I need to speak with you
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:23 pm

Shiva wrote:
Because the Obsidian was dark-colored. It's underlaid by iron, but I wanted some color on my ship, and the dark Obsidian has a certain menacing tone to it with my texpack.

Well, since about everyone on this forum uses obsidian on their ship, it kind of looses it's menacing look.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:28 pm

blockman42 wrote:
Shiva wrote:

Well, since about everyone on this forum uses obsidian on their ship, it kind of looses it's menacing look.

I could have used Netherrack and made it hell-red.

We really, really need colored metal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shivan Aerospace Corporation
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next