Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

The Shivan Aerospace Corporation

Go down 
+10
hyperlite
blockman42
Laserbilly
Caramell
Avenger_7
Keon
Iv121
The Schmetterling
Tiel+
Shiva
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:46 am

Cats, MACs and PPCs aren't the be-all-end-all. Ion frigates (a frigate wrapped around an Ion Cannon) could easily do as much if not more damage.

Tiel, just go build a battlecruiser for your fleet.

And Shiva, the front end isn't spindly.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:53 am

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:

Is this supposed to be some form of insult? If not, no, Minecraft is sucky. Not worth the effort.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 9:56 am

Tiel wrote:

Is this supposed to be some form of insult? If not, no, Minecraft is sucky. Not worth the effort.

Not an insult, and you do realize those Battlecruisers are (by my best guess) 350-400m long, easy.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:09 am

My biggest ship to date was 386 blocks, the Templar Destroyer, also probably the last one I plan to make using Worldedit & Minecrap, too buggy, too clunky. 3d imports are best, 3DS MAX can achieve much more in a smaller amount of time without corrupting your save file every 2 minutes.

That aside, I'm not entirely sure what you're saying here. Shiva here says this is a superdreadnought, and while your opinion is likely biased given the size of your ship selection, that's ludicrous. What I build has nothing to do with that.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:21 am

BTW shiva you should start to use MCedit or stuff because it saves you time. It's like Ill come and say "My tinny fighter out of iron blocks is big couse I built it in survival mode !" . It's not like you need more skill to build in Minecraft vanilla.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:48 am

I shouldn't start to do any such thing. Edit may be faster, but this is far more interesting.

And there is no way in hell that that Diplo cruiser is bigger than my ship, sorry. I have my view mode set to Extreme range, no fog, and I can barely fit the entirety of the ship in a view for a picture.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:59 am

It's your pole that does that Razz

Jedi's ship has substance, ergo, bigger. I'd imagine it has more blocks.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:24 am

The arse end of my ship is going to be the biggest, most substantial part. Think the Destiny from SGU. Except taller and more WH40k inspired.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 11:46 am

Let's just see the final product and then judge alright ?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:29 pm

Tiel wrote:
It's your pole that does that Razz

Jedi's ship has substance, ergo, bigger. I'd imagine it has more blocks.
Erm. This ship is about twice as long as the Alderaan-class, and much wider. The Alderaan is about 120x25x25. This fits into the same size bracket (frigate), but it is bigger.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 12:44 pm

So we've established this superdreadnaught is around the size of a frigate? Good.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Tiel wrote:
So we've established this superdreadnaught is around the size of a frigate? Good.
A good point, actually. Even if this got three times bigger, it still wouldn't make it out of 'assault frigate'.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 4:53 pm

Cats, MACs and PPCs aren't the be-all-end-all. Ion frigates (a frigate wrapped around an Ion Cannon) could easily do as much if not more damage.

And Shiva, the front end isn't spindly.

PACs and ion cannons fall into the same category (assuming you're using a directed beam of ions and not a Halo-style plasma torpedo).
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 4:56 pm

Spoiler:

Whoop, Tiel used my ship as an example! Although I have to say that it's only about 200m.

[double post]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shivan Aerospace Corporation   The Shivan Aerospace Corporation - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Shivan Aerospace Corporation
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4