Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Alternative Crafting

Go down 
+11
Delta
Caramell
ACH0225
Ivan2006
The Schmetterling
Tyranid_Player
bsb23
Hierarch Fenway
Iv121
Soul of Jack
Keon
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Crafting
Tekkit Crafting Bench MKII
Alternative Crafting Vote_lcap13%Alternative Crafting Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Golem-Style!
Alternative Crafting Vote_lcap38%Alternative Crafting Vote_rcap
 38% [ 9 ]
Normal
Alternative Crafting Vote_lcap0%Alternative Crafting Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3d!
Alternative Crafting Vote_lcap8%Alternative Crafting Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Other (Say in post)
Alternative Crafting Vote_lcap4%Alternative Crafting Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
I coudn't care less so I'll vote for SPAACEE COOKEIS!
 8% [ 2 ]
6D
Alternative Crafting Vote_lcap21%Alternative Crafting Vote_rcap
 21% [ 5 ]
New option, Larger grid (4x4, 9x9 etc)
 8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 24

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Alternative Crafting Empty
PostSubject: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:20 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
And I could seriously care less about recipes. In fact, I'd like to see processes other than the crafting table take over. The "place the components like the object is shaped" thing was pretty novel, but it prevents crafting from ever feeling like it's on a grand scale, the kind we are trying to capture in this mod.

Sooooooo?? How do you think this should work?

Post ideas here:

(The golem idea is you build it, and it pops into being as an item, maybe near a crafting bench-style thing.)
(The crafting bench II thing is from tekkit, I forget how it works.)
(Normal is normal)
(3d would be a 3d crafting grid, with 27 lattice spaces. Not really useful.)
(Other is you specify, give your own ideas)
(Don't vote for space cookies. Really.)
(6D is fr0stbyte's dimension of choice)

Last edited by Keon on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Well...To tekkit!
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:57 pm

SPACE COOKIEZ ! I see my random vote became popular Smile .
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 6:31 pm

Remember when when fr0stbyte said that, "Why have 3 dimensions when you can have 6? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two."

6D added. Fr0stbyte's dimensions of choice.
Back to top Go down
bsb23
bsb23

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 6:59 pm

Crafting bench mk 11 shows all the things you can make with your current inventory and gives a short description of all items.
Back to top Go down
Tyranid_Player
Tyranid_Player

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:26 am

The golem style crafting is an bad idea forsmall things like guns but you could probably use it for big things like engines

My favorite mthod would be double 2d crafting means you can switch the crafing table to complex and use an 9*9 grid this allows you to craft an whole gun in one piece and prevents that you have to produce 5 parts or so.Later you could even add nano crafting which means an 9*9*9 grid
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:32 am

I think we just simply need a 4x4 crafting grid. Or possibly a 5x5.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:59 am

Golem crafting works quite well, if you consider railcrafts coke oven and crush furnace.
I voted for it because I think it would be good for machines and larger devices.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:49 am

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:03 pm

I suggest golem crafting for machines and some advanced kind of table crafting for items.
Back to top Go down
Tyranid_Player
Tyranid_Player

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:27 am

You should allow redos for the new added options
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:31 am

I think we should try and stick kinda close to the ideas said in the OP for Futurecraft, despite how outdated it is. "Light" fighters, escape pods, guns, small turrets, and maybe tier one ship cores should be crafted. Heavier fighters, bigger turrets, and all the other tiers of ship core are massive enough that they cannon be conceivably crafted.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:54 am

Tyranid_Player wrote:

Redos allowed now.
Back to top Go down
Tyranid_Player
Tyranid_Player

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:57 am

Keon wrote:
Tyranid_Player wrote:

Redos allowed now.

THX
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:48 pm

I think we should have golem-style crafting for basic stuff, And a 6*6*6 3D crafting table for more complex stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:52 pm

arsln100 wrote:
I think we should have golem-style crafting for basic stuff, And a 6*6*6 3D crafting table for more complex stuff.
Nah, definitely a 3x3x3x3x3x3 6D crafting table
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:54 pm

Why only six? Can't we push it to twelve!
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:55 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
arsln100 wrote:
Nah, definitely a 3x3x3x3x3x3 6D crafting table

Ok 6*6*6*6*6*6 6D crafting table for a compromise?
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 5:10 pm

Way 6*6 6D crafting might be implemented: We already have 2D crafting. That's a *6 grid. I'm guessing that 3D crafting would be a 6*6*6 cube, with a total of 216 slots, that you can rotate and place items in. The additional 3 dimensions could be: 3 1*6 crafting grids, representing one dimension each (it's a line), 6*6 grids, representing 2 dimensions each (duh), another cube, or some combination thereof. The other dimensions appear to float somewhere beyond the usual 3 in the crafting GUI, which by this point is almost a world by itself. You can just add more dimensions as you need them, either singly or in pairs or triplets, as we decide makes the most sense. The dimensions should probably be labeled (the first cube would have an axis numbered 1, an axis numbered 2, and an axis numbered 3, the next 1*6 grid is numbered 4, ect). It's important to note that even the 1-dimension grids are rendered in 3D; it's a physical thing that you can rotate the camera around.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 4:59 am

The reason why we can't have 6D crafting: Earth humans only have 4 dimensions, if we include time, so they can't even imagine how 6D would be. 3D is the most advanced they can use.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 5:16 am

Hey if you can only see 3 dimensions doesn't mean you live in the 3rd dimension (Yea you can see only up to 3 dimensions, let's see you imagining 4D cube ) , if a paper man can see only 2 dimensions doesn't mean the paper can't contain depth. The only diff is that the paper man will see a 3D cube as a collection of squares and triangles, not a 3D shape.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:57 am

Daynel wrote:
The reason why we can't have 6D crafting: Earth humans only have 4 dimensions, if we include time, so they can't even imagine how 6D would be. 3D is the most advanced they can use.
Daynel wrote:
The reason why we can't have 6D crafting: Earth humans only have 4 dimensions, if we include time
Daynel wrote:
can't have 6D crafting: Earth humans only have 4 dimensions
Daynel wrote:
Earth humans

What does this have to do with us?
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:00 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Hey if you can only see 3 dimensions doesn't mean you live in the 3rd dimension (Yea you can see only up to 3 dimensions, let's see you imagining 4D cube ) , if a paper man can see only 2 dimensions doesn't mean the paper can't contain depth. The only diff is that the paper man will see a 3D cube as a collection of squares and triangles, not a 3D shape.
Well, Earth humans, and many other species, can't see more than 3 dimensions. We will lose quite a lot of users if we are using more dimensions than the least evolved users can see.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:20 pm

You can see a 4D cube, it will just look like a bunch of squares and triangles Razz .
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Iv121 wrote:
You can see a 4D cube, it will just look like a bunch of squares and triangles Razz .
So you are telling me that most of the modern Earth art is 4D?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative Crafting   Alternative Crafting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative Crafting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next