Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.

Go down 
+10
Delta
fr0stbyte124
hyperlite
Grand Imperial Thunder
The Schmetterling
Laserbilly
Iv121
Laibach
Keon
Tiel+
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Empty
PostSubject: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:16 pm

The Pirate Bay wrote:
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 18:21:43 -0100 (GMT)
To: KMWLAW@flash.net[/email]
Subject: Re: Unauthorized Use of DreamWorks SKG Properties

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 KMWLAW@flash.net wrote:

> Dennis L. Wilson, Esq.
> KEATS McFARLAND & WILSON, LLP
> 9720 Wilshire Blvd., Penthouse Suite
> Beverly Hills, CA 90212
> Tel: (310) 248-3830
> Fax: (310) 860-0363
>
>
> August 23, 2004
>
>
> VIA ELECTRONIC MAIL
> AND U.S. MAIL
>
> ThePirateBay.org
> Box 1206
> Stockholm 11479
> SWEDEN
>
> [email]tracker-40-aa-5f-03-412675c8@prq.to
>
> Re: Unauthorized Use of DreamWorks SKG Properties
> http://www.thepiratebay.org
>
> To Whom It May Concern:
>
> This letter is being written to you on behalf of our
> client, DreamWorks SKG (hereinafter ^ÓDreamWorks^Ô).
> DreamWorks is the exclusive owner of all copyright,
> trademark and other intellectual property rights in
> and to the ^ÓShrek 2^Ô motion picture. No one is
> authorized to copy, reproduce, distribute, or
> otherwise use the ^ÓShrek 2^Ô motion picture without
> the express written permission of DreamWorks.
[...]
> As you may be aware, Internet Service Providers can
> be held liable if they do not respond to claims of
> infringement pursuant to the requirements of the
> Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). In
> accordance with the DMCA, we request your assistance
> in the removal of infringements of the ^ÓShrek 2^Ô
> motion picture from this web site and any other sites
> for which you act as an Internet Service Provider.
> We further declare under penalty of perjury that we
> are authorized to act on behalf of DreamWorks and
> that the information in this letter is accurate.
> Please contact me immediately to discuss this matter
> further.

As you may or may not be aware, Sweden is not a state in the United States
of America. Sweden is a country in northern Europe.
Unless you figured it out by now, US law does not apply here.
For your information, no Swedish law is being violated.

Please be assured that any further contact with us, regardless of medium,
will result in
a) a suit being filed for harassment
b) a formal complaint lodged with the bar of your legal counsel, for
sending frivolous legal threats.

It is the opinion of us and our lawyers that you are ....... morons, and
that you should please go sodomize yourself with retractable batons.

Please also note that your e-mail and letter will be published in full on
http://www.thepiratebay.org.

Go f**k yourself.

Polite as usual,
anakata
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Empty
PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:41 pm

So piratebays is the second half and dreamworks is the first half?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 5:42 pm

No, it's the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 6:11 pm

you're being sued...?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 6:17 pm

No seems like a conflict between a pirate site and the copyright owners, and I say they’ve got owned Razz .
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:11 pm

On one hand, I encourage the fine citizens of my great nation to spread our wonderful culture to the less fortunate countries of this world.

But on the other hand. I do like free stuff...
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 9:51 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
...wonderful culture...

WTF
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:23 am

Anthony wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
...wonderful culture...

WTF

I think he was being sarcastic...
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 2:24 am

_ wrote:
Anthony wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
...wonderful culture...

WTF

Actually, I hope he was being sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:07 am

_ wrote:
_ wrote:
Anthony wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
...wonderful culture...

WTF

Very Happy Lol, well obviously! As far as I can tell, every non-American hates our culture; and even if they don't, no-one likes having someone else's views shoved down their throats! But what I'd like to know is, what do non-Americans have against us as a nation? I mean, do you have any real reason for your general dislike of us, or what?
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:10 am

Laserbilly wrote:
Very Happy Lol, well obviously! As far as I can tell, every non-American hates our culture; and even if they don't, no-one likes having someone else's views shoved down their throats! But what I'd like to know is, what do non-Americans have against us as a nation? I mean, do you have any real reason for your general dislike of us, or what?
As someone who has asked this.... They have too many reasons.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:21 am

Laserbilly wrote:
_ wrote:
_ wrote:
Anthony wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
...wonderful culture...

WTF

These are the stereotypical views that non-Americans have of Americans:

They are arrogant as a nation
They no nothing about history or geography outside of the USA.
There is corruption present everywhere
They are obese as a nation
They spend 100x the amount of money on defense than on humanitarian aid
They couldn't even be bothered to come up with a name for their citizens, instead we call resident of the USA "Americans", which could refer to anyone in the Americas. Essentially they stole the adjective for an inter continent.

These are only the most polite ones. There are probably dozens more I could list.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:21 am

Tunnelthunder wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:

I'm still interested to hear what a bunch of foreign (to me) teenagers think about us.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:35 am

Laserbilly wrote:
Tunnelthunder wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:

I'm still interested to hear what a bunch of foreign (to me) teenagers think about us.

Then look at my post, directly above yours.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 3:47 am

_ wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
_ wrote:
_ wrote:
Anthony wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
...wonderful culture...

WTF

These are the stereotypical views that non-Americans have of Americans:

(1) They are arrogant as a nation
(2)They no nothing about history or geography outside of the USA.
(3)There is corruption present everywhere
(4)They are obese as a nation
(5)They spend 100x the amount of money on defense than on humanitarian aid
(6)They couldn't even be bothered to come up with a name for their citizens, instead we call resident of the USA "Americans", which could refer to anyone in the Americas. Essentially they stole the adjective for an inter continent.

These are only the most polite ones. There are probably dozens more I could list.

Do you have any hard numbers to back up your statements? If you could do the research, I'd like to see some actual proof.

In the meantime, here's some stereotypical answers to your stereotypical views.

1. Of course "they're" arrogant, look at how much "they" spend on "defense"!
2. What else matters?
3. Can you honestly say there isn't corruption present everywhere else?
4. "They're" in shape, round is a shape.
5. (see #1)
6. Really? Now you're just nit-picking. What would you rather "they" call "themselves"? "United Statians"? Grow up.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 am

Well all cases mentioned there are not the reason why ppl hate you. I guess they don't care if you spend most of your money on defence instead of charity, I'd even say it is better those charities have nasty effects in some countries. For example charity to Gaza, where do you think they spend it ? Training troops and making rockets OFC, at least it bumps their industry and education that way Razz. Their cousins in Ramallah on the other hand prefer to live a good life with the money of the European and American taxpayer. The latest Research of the world bank discovered that like 80% of their economy is charity . They have literally NOTHING there and plan to be a country ...

First of all people hate you couse they are gallous . the USA is an influential country ... You also just LOVE to get yourself stuck in wars in 3rd world countries that you obviously don't need. Currently America is not that Popular here because of your president who shows Anti-Israeli tendencies and basically being a total jerk. He also talks about "Peace" in the region which here is a synonym of doing nothing. If you say "Peace" either you are an idiot when it comes to the middle east either you want to evade any meaningful moves while keeping your popularity among the idiots when it comes to the Middle east.

More reasons to hate you ... Dunno maybe you are not THAT hated after all... You can be hated by one party or another depending on the choices you make but it is sort of normal in politics.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:16 am

I was a little disappointed to read #5 on the list so I did a little checking. There wasn't much helpful data that I could find, but the conclusion I came to was this:
Who cares how much we spend on defense? As far as I could tell, Americans give more to charity than any other nation. I'd be disappointed if you could prove me wrong, but I couldn't find any information to the contrary.

http://www.nps.gov/partnerships/fundraising_individuals_statistics.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_governments_by_development_aid
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:38 am

Iv121 wrote:
Well all cases mentioned there are not the reason why ppl hate you. I guess they don't care if you spend most of your money on defence instead of charity, I'd even say it is better those charities have nasty effects in some countries. For example charity to Gaza, where do you think they spend it ? Training troops and making rockets OFC, at least it bumps their industry and education that way Razz. Their cousins in Ramallah on the other hand prefer to live a good life with the money of the European and American taxpayer. The latest Research of the world bank discovered that like 80% of their economy is charity . They have literally NOTHING there and plan to be a country ...

First of all people hate you couse they are gallous . the USA is an influential country ... You also just LOVE to get yourself stuck in wars in 3rd world countries that you obviously don't need. Currently America is not that Popular here because of your president who shows Anti-Israeli tendencies and basically being a total jerk. He also talks about "Peace" in the region which here is a synonym of doing nothing. If you say "Peace" either you are an idiot when it comes to the middle east either you want to evade any meaningful moves while keeping your popularity among the idiots when it comes to the Middle east.

More reasons to hate you ... Dunno maybe you are not THAT hated after all... You can be hated by one party or another depending on the choices you make but it is sort of normal in politics.

Where are you from IV?

I have no idea what we're doing in Whateveritstan. I'm assuming someone at the top is making money somewhere... I personally don't have a very high opinion of my fellow Americans. I think they vote foolishly and shouldn't be surprised when the people that they elect don't do things that are good for us as a nation. Like our fine president, for example, didn't he get a Nobel Peace Prize in the first month or two of his term? Why? What did he do? Seriously?
I don't know. I just focus on my family, work in the family business, and go to church. When the elections come, I vote for a third party. Screw the Republicans and f**k the Democrats.
Honestly, the only answer that I really would have accepted from Mack was the moral degeneration of our country. Everything else they you all see is just a side effect. But you don't live here, so you probably couldn't know....Oh well, I'm just up too late ranting from my soapbox.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:13 am

I'm from Israel if it wasn’t obvious in my last post. It is quite logical Obama got the Nobel peace prize couse as I said peace means doing nothing Razz .
And like I said you better waste your money on your defence, more use out of it. At least good defensive industry promotes high-tech civilian industries as technologies we see in the army are later appearing in the civilian market like 20 years later.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 11:46 am

Israel has to go kick some Palestinian *** every once in a while, you have a huge military too Iv.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:22 pm

Only one day and it's already devolved into irrelevant discussion.

Good job.

If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Tumblr_m5464bwVFv1qihztbo1_400
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Hey the thread was about fighting piracy, the only one who actually tries to do it is the USA, hey I just found another reason why others hate you Razz .
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Iv121 wrote:
Hey the thread was about fighting piracy, the only one who actually tries to do it is the USA, hey I just found another reason why others hate you Razz .

You know, CMA almost got banned for hating on ponies. I'd tone it down a little were I you.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Mackeroth doesn't have a banhammer anymore.

Ding dong the witch is... neutered...?
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:02 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Mackeroth doesn't have a banhammer anymore.

Ding dong the witch is... neutered...?

he was an anti brony, if I pointed out the obvious again i'd probably be crucified.

We, as a nation, are too busy fighting amongst ourselves and decided who is the bigger victim to coalesce as a culture and beat the shit out of everyone else(after 1950 anyway) and get respect.

that and the fact we're always trying to make everyone like us, it's just pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.   If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you have a soapbox and are ready to stand on it please do not click upon this thread.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next