Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Accomplishments?

Go down 
+5
The Schmetterling
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
blockman42
bsb23
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bsb23
bsb23

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:08 pm

So, I'm not dead but I have been gone for a while although i highly doubt anyone has noticed but anyways, could i get a summary of last months accomplishments cause I can't seem to find much.
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:17 pm

nothing much, other than a new coder I think
Back to top Go down
bsb23
bsb23

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:46 am

How exciting.... Sleep

Edit:One of devs be honest with me will this game make it out?
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:46 am

I will be honest. MOD EDIT: MEANIE PERSON NO BE MEAN TO BSB!

And we don't know. It's stalled.

Last edited by Keon on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Frost is a meanie person.)
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:58 am

I would have sigg'd it if not for your previous statement I sigg'd Smile .
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Why is it only Fr0stbyte124 who gets his wittiness sigged? Why not Fr0stbye126? Actually, don't answer that, I think I know why...
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 6:48 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
Why is it only Fr0stbyte124 who gets his wittiness sigged? Why not Fr0stbye126? Actually, don't answer that, I think I know why...
One of mine is.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:43 pm

Btw, I've answered the question of "what's the state of futurecraft" and "when will this mod come out" a dozen times in the past month alone. I'm not doing it anymore. There's only so many times a man can apologize for lack of visible progress while getting 4 hours of sleep a day to keep up with all his responsibilities, Futurecraft included, before he starts to take it a little personally.

From now on, everyone who asks will get a flippant answer. If you want news, wait for news to be posted. Otherwise assume no news.
I don't even know why I am posting this. The next 10 people to ask won't have read it anyway.
i mad
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 11:32 pm

So what did we accomplish the past month frost? I haven't seen many updates.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 12:15 am

If by "accomplish", you mean inappropriate acts with your mother, then we've accomplished quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 12:32 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
If by "accomplish", you mean inappropriate acts with your mother, then we've accomplished quite a bit.

Go on.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm

Will you all leave fr0st and Mack alone about it?
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 2:02 pm

And Mack? Mack doesn't understand what frostbyte says either. He is not really developing anything right now.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 8:02 pm

hyperlite wrote:
And Mack? Mack doesn't understand what frostbyte says either. He is not really developing anything right now.

I understand what Fr0stbyte says as well as any high school kid with no programming experience ever could.

Anyway, I do get badgered a lot about progress, not as much as Fr0stbyte, but still quite a bit. Plus I have to constantly put up with people telling me that I'm useless, that I shouldn't be leading this project, that I don't deserve all my privileges.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 8:58 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
hyperlite wrote:

I understand what Fr0stbyte says as well as any high school kid with no programming experience ever could.

Anyway, I do get badgered a lot about progress, not as much as Fr0stbyte, but still quite a bit. Plus I have to constantly put up with people telling me that I'm useless, that I shouldn't be leading this project, that I don't deserve all my privileges.

I think people overestimate how much of the game design and implementation specifics I am actually doing. Most of it that is all done by Mack and the other devs.
My work is almost entirely relegated to the engine.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:57 pm

Maybe I doubt Mack too much but what is he doing?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 10:02 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Maybe I doubt Mack too much but what is he doing?
He's being the leader. That's enough for anyone.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 10:24 pm

The leader who had to be stripped of his banhammer.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 10:47 pm

hyperlite wrote:
The leader who had to be stripped of his banhammer.
That doesn't make him any less the leader. Mack is in charge. That will not change, ever.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 11:02 pm

Really, say frostbyte leaves, where will this mod be? Sunk. Say Mack, for all intensive purposes, leaves, where does that leave this mod? Well we have lost a good leader, but still go on.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 4:30 am

hyperlite wrote:
Really, say frostbyte leaves, where will this mod be? Sunk. Say Mack, for all intensive purposes, leaves, where does that leave this mod? Well we have lost a good leader, but still go on.

Fr0stbyte is a good programmer, that much is certain. But you would be surprise with how many times I've had to pull everyone back together.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 4:44 am

Mackeroth? wrote:
hyperlite wrote:

Fr0stbyte is a good programmer, that much is certain. But you would be surprise with how many times I've had to pull everyone back together.

After getting everything organized and coordinated in Altera, I can appreciate that the role of an administrator is a necessary one; they get paid many thousands of dollars a year in real life occupations. However, in modding you can't just have one person barking orders when they truly have no legitimate experience what they're telling their underlings to do. In Altera's early days I could have easily taken a job myself, but we had a lot of people and it wasn't necessary. Not to be narcissistic here, but a good leader is multi-qualified, or, at the very least be able to contribute significantly to development. Hyper makes a valid point, you have to admit that. If you were gone I'm sure fr0st would be able to do a similar job of pulling things together. What 'together' is at this point is beyond me, as I've seen but 3 devs posting on this forum as of late. Something that warrants consideration on your part is learning how to code in Java so you can be a bigger credit to the team, rather than just the guy in the background acting pompous and arrogant about almost everything. Once you;'e done that, you should really see to getting your mod powers back. Once you can prove to Shiva you won't abuse them I'm sure you'll get your heightened privileges returned.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 8:30 am

Tiel wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
hyperlite wrote:

After getting everything organized and coordinated in Altera, I can appreciate that the role of an administrator is a necessary one; they get paid many thousands of dollars a year in real life occupations. However, in modding you can't just have one person barking orders when they truly have no legitimate experience what they're telling their underlings to do. In Altera's early days I could have easily taken a job myself, but we had a lot of people and it wasn't necessary. Not to be narcissistic here, but a good leader is multi-qualified, or, at the very least be able to contribute significantly to development. Hyper makes a valid point, you have to admit that. If you were gone I'm sure fr0st would be able to do a similar job of pulling things together. What 'together' is at this point is beyond me, as I've seen but 3 devs posting on this forum as of late. Something that warrants consideration on your part is learning how to code in Java so you can be a bigger credit to the team, rather than just the guy in the background acting pompous and arrogant about almost everything. Once you;'e done that, you should really see to getting your mod powers back. Once you can prove to Shiva you won't abuse them I'm sure you'll get your heightened privileges returned.

Tiel, if you want to make this harder for me and the other Devs, go ahead. But if you don't feel like starting an uprising, please be more polite, and more agreeable. Face it, you're stuck with me, and no amount of whining on your part will change that.
Back to top Go down
bsb23
bsb23

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:18 am

Thanks for answering the question that is all I need. I understand Frostbyte, you probably hate pushy noobs like myself I wasn't attempting to hassle anyone, rather I was just curious if any major breakthrough had occurred, it would appear that I'm out of the loop usually just making sure I didn't miss anything. As for the organization of the dev team they appear to be doing fine seam to be steadily moving along with few all at wars between them. That's all I need from a team, progress and cooperation. Why people stir the pot is beyond my comprehension, you are just slowing down the mod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Accomplishments? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accomplishments?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: