Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers! Empty
PostSubject: Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers!   Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Computers and control chairs.

How these work is really quite simple. When you provide either a computer or control chair with its required power, you will be able to open a GUI. The two devices’ GUIs are similar enough. The GUI looks a bit like one of those menus you might find on the setup of a television, car, or computer (the screen, generally). It has a long list of certain groups of functions, then you can click on these groups to open up all the functions or sub-groups within the specific group. One of these functions is “add device”. This will initially be the only one available, as the computer is not connected to anything else. From here, you can search and add any devices within range (any devices touching the computer/control chair, or connected to it via wire/Redstone, or routed into the ship). Of course, once a computer/control chair has a physical connection to a wireless transmitter, all other wireless devices (and whatever they may be attached to) become available to the computer. The advantages of a control chair is that it can be attached to an unlimited number of devices, while a computer can’t, and it has a built in wireless controller, so it doesn’t need to be attached to one.

Initially, this is how I want computers to work. Later in development, computers may have their own programming language, and chairs will gain a much more interesting GUI (like a hologram of the ship/terrain, with all available devices highlighted. You will be able to fly through the terrain/ship and activate devices like you could in the physical word, but with the advantage of instant mobility (“teleporting”), no-clip, and unlimited speed.).
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers!   Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Will you be able to attach computers together so they can preform more functions that just one computer.... They do say 2 heads are better than one...
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers!   Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Also, laptops, unlinkable, mobile, and able to preform one function! What do you think?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers!   Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:16 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Will you be able to attach computers together so they can preform more functions that just one computer.... They do say 2 heads are better than one...

Sort of. You can link one computer to another, then you can
individually select what devices both of the computers are linked to, then you
can access the device on the other computer via the GUI on the other computer.
For example:
I have a computer with ten link slots, I attach this computer (call it A) to a
door, per se. Then I attach A to another computer; B. From B, I can access the
GUI, select the option that says A, which will take me to A's GUI. From A's
GUI, I can access the door's controls. In the end, A has 8 spare slots, and B has 9 spare slots. That's
over a wire, wireless is similar though, so you should get the idea.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers!   Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 6:53 pm

I'll...think about this. If we do it, it's gonna take a lot of planning.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers!   Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:09 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
I'll...think about this. If we do it, it's gonna take a lot of planning.

Still,
it is an idea that makes logical sense, and is whole without omissions or
contradictions, making it possible, and more importantly, a learnable system to
others.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers!   Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:23 pm

If you wanted computers to program, and not control ships, inquire with the creator of ComputerCraft. It's a amazing mod, putting lua programming language into minecraft, all in one simple block. It's quite amazing.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers!   Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:07 pm

wouldn't call it a simple block.

Also, its more than likely a block that calls a much more complicated gui interface.

I think we can create something of this sort, not sure about linking a bunch of them together, but we can at least attempt it.

If I did this, I would make up my own sudo-language to interface with commands I've prewritten, I wouldn't allow other people to interface with LUA or any other scripting language due to possible exploits. I'll give it some thought and play around with it a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers!   Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official, unbetterable, unalterable computers!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Idea Center-
Jump to: