Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

FutureCraft Wiki?

Go down 
+10
Ivan2006
Last_Jedi_Standing
Iv121
Caramell
Keon
The Schmetterling
ACH0225
fr0stbyte124
Tiel+
Postronicman
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:47 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
There's no way we can have someone deciding what ships people can keep and what they can't. We just have to make sure that the game is reasonably balanced functionality-wise and then it shouldn't matter what things look like.

This is about the sorta ships/factions aspect of the wiki, which doesn't or shouldn't necessarily reflect what will be in the mod when it comes out. In this case, it makes sense to delete a few that are bad for the sake of keeping up appearances. Don't want someone just popping up and seeing one bad article and leaving disgusted, yes?

And Error, Sad

Spent a good time setting up mediawiki on my webhost...I don't trust sites like forumotion or wikia, it's always a must to have direct access to the files instead of having to wait hours for some guy to respond to your ticket that may or may not have the knowledge to solve it. Google + FTP is master race! But that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:01 pm

Tiel wrote:
fr0stbyte124 wrote:
There's no way we can have someone deciding what ships people can keep and what they can't. We just have to make sure that the game is reasonably balanced functionality-wise and then it shouldn't matter what things look like.

This is about the sorta ships/factions aspect of the wiki, which doesn't or shouldn't necessarily reflect what will be in the mod when it comes out. In this case, it makes sense to delete a few that are bad for the sake of keeping up appearances. Don't want someone just popping up and seeing one bad article and leaving disgusted, yes?

And Error, Sad

Spent a good time setting up mediawiki on my webhost...I don't trust sites like forumotion or wikia, it's always a must to have direct access to the files instead of having to wait hours for some guy to respond to your ticket that may or may not have the knowledge to solve it. Google + FTP is master race! But that's just my opinion.

No.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:31 am

First page on wiki.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:35 am

Okay. I am going to overhaul everything on the wiki as soon as I get an account.

Iv, I hope you don't mind me using your logo until I can make a better (well, original) one.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:47 am

Use it, enjoy it Smile .
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:48 am

What exactly is there to overhaul..?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:51 am

Oh goody, I've tried to login with the wrong password too many times and should wait a while before trying again! ***k wikia. -.-
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:06 am

Never thought I'd say this, but God Bless you Facebook. Thank you for your seamless integration into everything.

Also, Mackeroth, in the process of tweaking everything up, touch anything and I will gut you.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:30 am

From the look of what we currently have I would say that those who develop this mod are a bunch of kids. The wiki's language is very ... unprofessional. You may think of making it in another form and not like a wiki because otherwise you my loose interest in your mod quite fast ...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:38 am

That's only caltech's stuff...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 10:39 am

Also, using your ships in a render on Cinema 4d to make a logo, that fly with you?

Finished. Suggestions?

FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Wikilogov2

Otherwise I'll just plop this onto the main page Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Caltech, can you PM me some lore about your company? I'm going to try to correct the grammatical errors in your pages, if that's fine with you.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Tiel wrote:
Also, using your ships in a render on Cinema 4d to make a logo, that fly with you?

Finished. Suggestions?

Yea , delete it. Out of all possible angles you took the worst angle on the Hyperion plus you took it's smaller version. The human eye likes diagonals. Also with the scenery behind the ship and their wrong lighting they ships look pasted into the picture. You will need to relight the ships and probably pick a better background.

I will upload an updated map for you to use later.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 1:01 pm

This is in Cinema 4d, 3d modelling program and rendering software all-in-one. The sun is literally behind the planet which is behind the ships, this is realistically what the lighting would look like. Second, there is no background, that's a sphere I put around the whole scene and put a texture on, not something tacked on in paint.net. There were no higher-res dark starry backgrounds that fit well with the picture so I just went with that one.

Thirdly and finally, while I do appreciate your input, this took close to two hours to set up in itself, if you think you can do better you have my blessing.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 1:05 pm

Mate for making such as thing photoshop is enough. When I was talkin about lighting I was talking about the gamma, which doesn't fit in well. The details of the planet and the low res of the ship also ruin the look. I'll also make something for you to compare if you want ...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 8:40 pm

Did you make it? If this is bad, the wiki needs a new logo, then, and Cinema 4d is being a little b*** atm, as far as loading the original scene to modify. I think what happened was it defaulted to low-fidelity res on the textures when I went to render it.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and add two portals to the Main Page, one for factions, one for mod suggestions. This way we don't have the two cluttered together. This means that once the pages pop up for all the weapon types it'd be in your best interests to update your page with links to them (as in normal wikis, ie instead of "The super cool dreadnought has 44 laser cannons", you'd have "The super cool dreadnought has 44 laser cannons", this shouldn't be too much trouble for you with mediawiki's edit page), or risk your faction page being edited without your consent >:3
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:27 pm

That picture also could have said "Control Iv's fleet"
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:31 pm

Because clearly every faction has their ships up for download, correct? Forgive my sarcasm, but Iv's ships seem to not only be the sole ones obtainable, but they're also among the highest quality ships on the forum. Makes for a better first impression, you know?
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Just making a comment that all those ships were Iv's.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:11 am

I must note how dumb wikia is. I take a note that if I ever make a wiki this is a wrong place to do it. Have a look:

http://futurecraft.wikia.com/wiki/United_Terran_Navy

I have no idea why the hell is it writing the text out of the freaking page window, with weird php code appearing near it for no reason. You must actually work REALLY hard to make such as bug possible ....

Can you help fixing it ?
Can you also explain me how to put a picture to the right of the text like in any other normal wiki without screwing up my text even further ?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:48 pm

Iv121 wrote:
I must note how dumb wikia is. I take a note that if I ever make a wiki this is a wrong place to do it. Have a look:

http://futurecraft.wikia.com/wiki/United_Terran_Navy

I have no idea why the hell is it writing the text out of the freaking page window, with weird php code appearing near it for no reason. You must actually work REALLY hard to make such as bug possible ....

Can you help fixing it ?
Can you also explain me how to put a picture to the right of the text like in any other normal wiki without screwing up my text even further ?

Looks fine to me. You using Internet Explorer or something?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:54 pm

No it looks fine couse I just fixed it - rewrote it all by hand again ...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 4:46 pm

Iv, y u show everyone up?

Just as I was about to make my page, too. Sad
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 1:48 pm

EE will soon be represented on the Wiki!
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 2:40 pm

Due to reasons, Exion will be shown on the wiki as well. That is, when "we" get around to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FutureCraft Wiki?   FutureCraft Wiki? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FutureCraft Wiki?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next