Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Slipspace/wormhole FTL

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

Slipspace/wormhole FTL Empty
PostSubject: Slipspace/wormhole FTL   Slipspace/wormhole FTL Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 pm

I know that there's been a lot of discussion on the various faster-than-light drives, but i have a few ideas of my own. First, wormhole expansion, basically using particle accelerators to bombard a proton-sized hole in space until it is large enough for a ship to pass through. to use this mode of travel, a ship would need a space in which to put the actual drive (perhaps 40x20x20), making it so that small ships (dropships, fighters, and corvettes) would not be able to break the light barrier without being housed in a larger ship.

The second is a Halo style 11-dimensional slipspace core, which generates a series of small black holes that rip apart the fabric of space in order to enter the compressed, folded realm of the 11th dimension. This could be a smaller, slightly slower alternative to wormhole expansion that could be used on smaller ships.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Slipspace/wormhole FTL   Slipspace/wormhole FTL Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Congrats on first post, but you really didn't need to make a separate thread for this. I think it's pretty well decided that we're using quantum gates though.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Slipspace/wormhole FTL   Slipspace/wormhole FTL Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Congrats on first post, but you really didn't need to make a separate thread for this. I think it's pretty well decided that we're using quantum gates though.

Ah, ok. that makes a lot more sense than every ship having its own.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Slipspace/wormhole FTL   Slipspace/wormhole FTL Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:32 pm

Saves on server memory too.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Slipspace/wormhole FTL   Slipspace/wormhole FTL Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 10:24 am

Although just for pretties, I wish the quantum gates weren't instantaneous and had a wormhole.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Slipspace/wormhole FTL   Slipspace/wormhole FTL Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 7:40 pm

Whoop.. Fiirst.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slipspace/wormhole FTL   Slipspace/wormhole FTL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slipspace/wormhole FTL
Page 1 of 1