Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Turbo lifts

Go down 
+13
Grand Imperial Thunder
Keon
ACH0225
Iv121
Tiel+
hyperlite
fr0stbyte124
Last_Jedi_Standing
scout37
Ivan2006
Burnttoaster
Avenger_7
Cheatmaster
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Turbo lifts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 10:20 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
It's decided then. In Futurecraft, teleportation is the mode of transit for peasants and illegal immigrants. The nobility ride trains, and presumably wear top hats.

sig'd.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:37 am

Frostbyte you should stop commenting in this thread or I might just make a new signature Razz .
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:16 am

If we're talking about sigs here is a list of cool sigs Razz : List of cool sigs
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:53 pm

This has devaloped itself into a discussion about sigs.
Result: The force of offftopicness has stroke again!
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Oh no! Off topic had a stroke again! Get it to the hospital!
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:26 pm

Guys those comments are also a bit off-topic ...
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 6:49 pm

Your comment about off topicness is off topic, which makes this post off topic, so if you reply to this it will also be off topic.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:06 pm

Back on topic, guys, please.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 12:42 am

All of this is off-topic Shocked

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:

Nah. There's real discussion here. It'll fade eventually. No need to lock it.

Faded faster than you thought Razz .

On Topic: Minecarts should be enough for a ship the size we can build. You can always tweak it to be faster you know ...
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:30 am

Sure but who the wants to ride minecarts around the place when you have all these other possibilities? The biggest disadvantage of minecarts is that they are 1 person only. I'd much prefer a mode of transportation in which other people can come along.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:03 am

Maybe with trains, you can have some sort of block that connects the train to the docking bay instantly.
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:52 am

You know every ones talking about all this stuff in ships, but how about on a planet, I was on this industrial war server which had a 2000 by 2000 map and it was a pain to get around before we set up a transportation network, and it just made thing a lot easier, even getting around our main base took awhile before we set up the network, and why not just add teleporters, and elevator, why just is it you can only have 1, if some one wants to put teleporters on there ship , they should be able to, if some one doesn't like it, it's not going to effect them, so why should they care.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:57 am

Burnttoaster wrote:
You know every ones talking about all this stuff in ships, but how about on a planet, I was on this industrial war server which had a 2000 by 2000 map and it was a pain to get around before we set up a transportation network, and it just made thing a lot easier, even getting around our main base took awhile before we set up the network, and why not just add teleporters, and elevator, why just is it you can only have 1, if some one wants to put teleporters on there ship , they should be able to, if some one doesn't like it, it's not going to effect them, so why should they care.

teleporters sound a bit cheap, especially if there is an invasion. How would you feel if you wanted to kill people trying to destroy your shipyard, but they all had a teleporter set up nearby so they almost instantly reappear. Again, im going with maglevs. their going to be insanely fast so transport shouldnt be much of a problem.
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 11:12 am

scout37 wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:

teleporters sound a bit cheap, especially if there is an invasion. How would you feel if you wanted to kill people trying to destroy your shipyard, but they all had a teleporter set up nearby so they almost instantly reappear. Again, im going with maglevs. their going to be insanely fast so transport shouldnt be much of a problem.

well I have dealt with this tactic in game, and I didn't have futurecraft, so I would have to say, see where they're coming from and launch an air strike or artillery strike, if it's underground, use a bunker buster, or a orbital bunker buster which goes in much more farther

and if continue you send invasion sized forces through a teleporter or teleporters, they're going to take up a lot of power until they won't be able to use them for a bit
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 1:11 pm

scout37 wrote:
Burnttoaster wrote:

You know that any Teleporter except the one at the Teleport deck will analyse you and kill you if you arenĀ“t part of the crew?
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:21 pm

But how does it identify them? Implants? You can get those! Iris scan? Special contact lenses! You can fool any security system!
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:32 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
But how does it identify them? Implants? You can get those! Iris scan? Special contact lenses! You can fool any security system!
Just shoot everyone that comes through then check the bodies.. won't have any spies, won't have any teammates, but no spies!
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 8:36 pm

Tunnelthunder wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Just shoot everyone that comes through then check the bodies.. won't have any spies, won't have any teammates, but no spies!

Spycheck!!
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:37 am

ACH0225 wrote:

It will Identify them by the Amount of brain in their head.
If it detects nothing it can be sure that you are trying to conquer my Ship and Desintegrate you.

Comeone a Teleporter chechs every single Atom in your body it can't be fooled.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 9:25 am

Cheatmaster wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

If it detects nothing it can be sure that you are trying to conquer my Ship and Desintegrate you.

teleporter's dont check atoms, they just relocate them. And even if iut checked every single atom, it would find that everyone had different atoms every single time they teleported because cells die every second, and then are replaced and lost again.

Also, it is believed that if a human were to actually teleport their memories would not teleport with them.
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 3:10 pm

scout37 wrote:
Cheatmaster wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

teleporter's dont check atoms, they just relocate them. And even if iut checked every single atom, it would find that everyone had different atoms every single time they teleported because cells die every second, and then are replaced and lost again.

Also, it is believed that if a human were to actually teleport their memories would not teleport with them.

Well, I don't think you'll lose your cooking level of 95 (Idk Razz) if you teleport XD
Back to top Go down
bsb23
bsb23

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:27 am

I don't think it works like that memories are still stored in physical structures the same all other brain functions are. If memories were lost all brain functions would be lost. Basically your brain would be lost. That doesn't make a ton of sense.

But I think if teleporters were non-instantaneous it would basically be the same as a transportation system just taking up less space. You could even make the power usage insane, or have random mistakes occur, or even make a temporary moment of vulnerability so people can't place them in areas where they may be attacked. These downsides would make it so player can individually choose between which system to use based on their needs.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:20 am

And, you know, the fact that converted to energy, the human body has the force of about 10,000 bombs dropped on Hiroshima. Good luck containing that.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:47 am

Cheatmaster wrote:
This would make Kamikaze an good Option but Neutrinos or whatever you are converting to donĀ“t react with matter.
And heard anyone of you f***** Idiots ever the Word DNA or DNS or RNA ????

Yes, we all have. The problem is that every human being has mutations that occur through out their life, so even DNA will not be exactly the same every single time for one person.

Also, their are several different types of ribonucleicacid(RNA). there's mRNA, tRNA, all of used for different purposes in recoding a person's DNA so it becomes a readable blueprint for selecting specific amino acids in a specific order in the ribosomes in order to create a protien.

SO in a way, by eating meat you are ingesting DNA from a different organism, screwing up any deoxynucleicacid or ribonucleicacid scnner that a teleporter has.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 10:58 am

Interesting thought. This is futurecraft, and in real life we have sequenced DNA of people. You could shoot yourself in the head, and then a copy of your dna would be placed in a chamber, growth would be accelerated until you were born again at the same age having the same memory. Thus, respawning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Turbo lifts   Turbo lifts - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Turbo lifts
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next