Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps

Go down 
+4
Potato
Last_Jedi_Standing
Formedoubly
scout37
8 posters
AuthorMessage
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Empty
PostSubject: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:27 pm

I was choosing my avatar, when i realized that this mod could have something added to it. Drop Pods.

Drop Pods- While you may think that these are the same as Escape pods there will be a few major differences. The largest of which is that the drop pods will be controlled. The bottom will be made of glass, so you can see where you are going. Also, the ship's captain has control of the general area the pods are launched at, through the use of Strategic Maps

Strategic Maps- This will be a block that will only work when approaching a destination server, and which, when right clicked by the Admiral/captain/lieutenant, bring up a map of the area 3x3 chunks around a Point of Interest that they choose. By increasing the Strategic Map Blocks to be a 2x2 square, the size of the map around a Point of Interest is increased to 5x5 chunks. Then, the maximum, is a 3x3 square of strategic map blocks, showing a 9x9 area around a Point of Interest

Points of Interest- a point of Interest (or PoI, or Pi, or π) is a spot that has been marked by a server moderator or admin for being of significance, or is one of the following: A stargate, an Inter Server Trade Center, Docking Port, Shipyard, Barracks/Armory, Military Garage, and the Spawn are all considered Points of Interest. In Addition, a server's Warps may be considered Points of Interest.

Currency: So, we all know there is going to be currency for the mod, but should there be a small icon in a GUI on a player's HUD telling them how much money they have? Also, i think currency can only be gained from trading with other servers or selling goods at a taxed price. FOr a while, goods cannot be bought/sold in currency, instead bartering with things such as iron, diamonds, fuel, and even ender artifacts and ships. when something is traded, a small amount of currency is taxed off. This will allow interserver economies to slowly grow.

Mercenaries- If you are going to have Drop Pods, Drop Ships, and invasions, you will need a lot of soldiers. So why not hire Mercenaries? they need to be hired/spawned with currency, and there is a limited number per ship/building. In order to hire them, you need to make a Barracks. Mercenaries should have 2/3rds the hearts of a player. Also, to prevent admins from making massive armies of these guys, currency cannot be spawned by an admin.
Back to top Go down
Formedoubly
Recruit
Recruit
Formedoubly

Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:29 pm

I'm pretty sure drop pods, mercenaries, and currency were discussed already.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Formedoubly wrote:
I'm pretty sure drop pods, mercenaries, and currency were discussed already.
They were, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be discussed again.

The only problem I see is with the PoI. No-one would be dumb enough to mark their factories and bunkers with those. Instead, they'd mark thousands of points in the middle of nowhere to try to confuse the invaders.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

Location : Earth, in the most powerful and globally dominating country on the planet

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:27 pm

WHich is why i am thinking of a revised version wher factories, the spawn, shipyards, etc. are automatically Points of Interest. I developed the theory for drop pods and strategic maps.

Also, if possible, could i demo my texturing by making a texture for the map block? (it would be like a metal block with a blue crafting table grid on top
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:30 pm

scout37 wrote:
Also, if possible, could i demo my texturing by making a texture for the map block? (it would be like a metal block with a blue crafting table grid on top
Well, I don't see why not, but I'm not sure it would get the others to accept you as a texturer. If you could make a laser rifle, that would be better.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:34 pm

Ok, i could texture a laser rifle icon. KotOR was one of my favorite games, and im sure i can base an icon off of that. DOes it need to be 32x32 or can it be 16x16?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:44 pm

scout37 wrote:
Ok, i could texture a laser rifle icon. KotOR was one of my favorite games, and im sure i can base an icon off of that. DOes it need to be 32x32 or can it be 16x16?
KotOR FTW! 16x16 is probably fine.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 3:28 pm

Done with basic 16x16 icon texture for a Laser Rifle. Adidng shading and what not now, then ill replace one of the weapon icons in FLan's mod with it to see how it looks.
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 3:37 pm

I love the idea but, Admins will NOT be able spawn ANYTHING in a Futurecraft server
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:06 pm

Khmac wrote:
I love the idea but, Admins will NOT be able spawn ANYTHING in a Futurecraft server

I'm not saying they cant spawn anything, i'm just saying the devs should make it that moderators and admins cant just give themselves or players billions of dollars so they can make a massive fleet and destroy all other servers. Also, thershould be a way to prevent admins from annihilation an entire fleet completely. Instead, ther should be some form of Insurance on ships so that unless they are destroyed in battle with another ship, they can rebuild it for a fraction of the original cost.

What im getting at is there needs to be a way to nerf some servers from creating hundreds of ships instantly and just blowing up other ppl's servers.
Back to top Go down
Potato
Recruit
Recruit
Potato

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:30 pm

scout37 wrote:
Khmac wrote:

I'm not saying they cant spawn anything, i'm just saying the devs should make it that moderators and admins cant just give themselves or players billions of dollars so they can make a massive fleet and destroy all other servers. Also, thershould be a way to prevent admins from annihilation an entire fleet completely. Instead, ther should be some form of Insurance on ships so that unless they are destroyed in battle with another ship, they can rebuild it for a fraction of the original cost.

What im getting at is there needs to be a way to nerf some servers from creating hundreds of ships instantly and just blowing up other ppl's servers.

If I could spawn dirt

1 Dirt = 1 C Points

*Spawns a HUGE amount*

*Sells all the dirt*

*Is a billionare*

*Buys a lot of ship stuff*

*Builds fleet*

*Rules Galaxy*

*Eats Waffles* Whoops, already ate the waffles...
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:36 pm

Khmac wrote:
scout37 wrote:
Khmac wrote:

If I could spawn dirt

1 Dirt = 1 C Points

*Spawns a HUGE amount*

*Sells all the dirt*

*Is a billionare*

*Buys a lot of ship stuff*

*Builds fleet*

*Rules Galaxy*

*Eats Waffles* Whoops, already ate the waffles...

What idiot would buy dirt?

If you spawn things and sell them for money, you're making whoever you sold them to stronger as well. You won't be the only one with a massive fleet...

Personally, I plan to build ships in creative mode, then load up the schematics so my shipyards build them for me. Probably using spawned in resources.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 7:28 pm

The point of the trade&tax system is that, as servers advance technologically, their economies increase in diversity and size.

Say there are three servers. One has lots of iron mines, but low-level engine tech. The next is a leader in weapons manufacturing, but is low on raw materials for ships. The third is excelled in making their engines, but have no armaments to defend their ships.

Through the trade&tax system, the second server gets engines from the third in exchange for giving them weapons, and the second server uses those engines to trade with the first server for raw materials.

For every time an exchange or sale is made, the server or player selling the goods gains a small amount currency that was taxed off of the other servers purchase, but nothing is deducted from the purchasing server.

This method not only creates inter-server economy, but also makes being a merhcant with a freighter a potentially high-profit job.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:45 pm

Ok, i made my first 32x32 texture. It was going to be of a laser rifle, but i tihnk it would look alot better as a carbine.

So, the laser carbine: Semi-automatic, longer range than the laser rifle, better accuracy, and has slightly more damage

Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps GWUXy
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:49 pm

Looks cool. I have a laser gun too, but it's just a re coloring of the iron sword sprite that was originally in the pack I based mine with.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 9:57 pm

scout37 wrote:
Ok, i made my first 32x32 texture. It was going to be of a laser rifle, but i tihnk it would look alot better as a carbine.

So, the laser carbine: Semi-automatic, longer range than the laser rifle, better accuracy, and has slightly more damage

Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps GWUXy
The texture looks great, but a carbine should be smaller than a rifle, with a shorter range.
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:05 pm

In that case, call it the Designated Marksmen Laser (or something like that)
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:24 am

About currency... We should use K'lii...
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 11:06 am

ACH0225 wrote:
About currency... We should use K'lii...
Strange I want to use Owl Feathers probably your feathers
Back to top Go down
scout37
Recruit
Recruit
scout37

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:09 pm

off-topic, much? Anyway, i also made an electronic gizmo block texture. looks like this:

Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps BkUm3

i have no clue what it could be for.

And is fenway offline for stretches like this often? i would prefer a texturer's opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps   Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drop Pods, Points of Interest, Marines (or mercenaries), Inter-server currency, and Strategic Maps
Page 1 of 1