Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.

Go down 
+12
Potato
The Schmetterling
blockman42
Ivan2006
Happyman
ACH0225
Grand Imperial Thunder
Keon
Tiel+
Last_Jedi_Standing
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Everyone has a purpose.  Sometimes it's only as a warning to others. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Everyone has a purpose.  Sometimes it's only as a warning to others. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:49 pm

So a clan/corporation/whatever actually owns a physical server, but planet ownership shifts over time...
Not sure what this solves, exactly. If there is forced eviction, I think people would be even less likely to put work into construction, especially for long-term projects. Perhaps the shifting ownership could work as a bloodline-type game, but it would need to be entirely voluntary, and I don't really see the advantage of swapping physical servers in the process.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Everyone has a purpose.  Sometimes it's only as a warning to others. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Everyone has a purpose.  Sometimes it's only as a warning to others. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 10:53 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
So a clan/corporation/whatever actually owns a physical server, but planet ownership shifts over time...
Not sure what this solves, exactly. If there is forced eviction, I think people would be even less likely to put work into construction, especially for long-term projects. Perhaps the shifting ownership could work as a bloodline-type game, but it would need to be entirely voluntary, and I don't really see the advantage of swapping physical servers in the process.
I think this is less complicated than that. This is just a huge pre-built (@#$% you, spellcheck) shipyard complex that you can rent for a while. The price of renting it is that you have to host the server it's on. The complex itself would probably be invulnerable, to prevent griefing (@#$% you, spellchek).
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Everyone has a purpose.  Sometimes it's only as a warning to others. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Exactly
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Everyone has a purpose.  Sometimes it's only as a warning to others. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:13 pm

Well, that would certainly be an interesting way of getting servers donated to the cause. In fact, it gave me some other ideas for player owned servers.

But that's still renting, which implies an opportunity to renew when the lease is up. If that's not allowed, I don't think it will be as popular an option.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Everyone has a purpose.  Sometimes it's only as a warning to others. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:26 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Well, that would certainly be an interesting way of getting servers donated to the cause. In fact, it gave me some other ideas for player owned servers.

But that's still renting, which implies an opportunity to renew when the lease is up. If that's not allowed, I don't think it will be as popular an option.
Maybe extensions are allowed, but the price increases exponentially as time goes on.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Everyone has a purpose.  Sometimes it's only as a warning to others. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:34 pm

But that would create a wavey sort of war diagram. People inhabit a planet, and when there is nothing left, they attack, and repeat the cycle.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Everyone has a purpose.  Sometimes it's only as a warning to others. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:36 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
But that would create a wavey sort of war diagram. People inhabit a planet, and when there is nothing left, they attack, and repeat the cycle.

Which serves as an excellent mechanic to keep PvP alive.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Everyone has a purpose.  Sometimes it's only as a warning to others. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:41 pm

What about in-game protection having a price tag? That would encourage players to band together, pooling resources to have a safer place to live. And server owners could get tax money based on the population they are hosting, which could be put towards improving the server. This would encourage server owners to make their server a good place to live, to attract a bigger population, which in turn makes it a safer world. Low population servers and contested planets, on the other hand, would be like the wild west: rules are made by the guy with the biggest gun.

Over time, we could tweak the trade routes and make the biggest servers 'core worlds', where casuals and players just starting out can play and won't be messed with. But the fringe worlds are where the best end-game resources are found and the fighting is fiercest.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Everyone has a purpose.  Sometimes it's only as a warning to others. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:42 pm

But only sporadically. We want some zones to be constant war, for newbs to run from their safe areas to grab half melted ships from a battlefield. Maybe we could have areas that can't be protected, but when a faction has a large enough amount of powerful ships there, they can make a shipyard planet that they host until another server takes control, after which the planet is obliterated, keeping constantly flowing new supplies from these planets and constant PVP.

Edit- Ninjas!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Everyone has a purpose.  Sometimes it's only as a warning to others. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 1:25 am

Should each server have a protection level, and an attack level? By that I mean that you can attack another server's planet if your attack level is higher than their protection level.

That way, even the core worlds can be attacked, but only by a very powerful opposition alliance.

If we need completely safe planets, we can host (on a Futurecraft server) neutral planets where no-one can attack or be attacked (with some way to prevent ambushing when leaving these planet's space).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.   Everyone has a purpose.  Sometimes it's only as a warning to others. - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everyone has a purpose. Sometimes it's only as a warning to others.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3