Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Prismatic Hull plating

Go down 
+7
Shiva
Buggy1997123
Keon
Last_Jedi_Standing
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
Happyman
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Prismatic Hull plating - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prismatic Hull plating   Prismatic Hull plating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 7:59 am

Lasers are used everywhere. If memory serves every major faction equips its baseline infantry with laser rifles. They're used alongside plasma based blasters.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Prismatic Hull plating   Prismatic Hull plating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:12 am

Sir Tielton wrote:
Lasers are used everywhere. If memory serves every major faction equips its baseline infantry with laser rifles. They're used alongside plasma based blasters.

The Wookieepedia article on lasers wrote:
Laser weapons operated in a similar fashion as blasters. They were usually mounted on starfighters, freighters, and other small spaceships.

The Wookieepedia article on blasters wrote:
The most commonly used weapon in the galaxy, blasters' intense beams consisted of compacted high-energy particles and intense light that could kill or paralyze their target, depending on the setting.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prismatic Hull plating   Prismatic Hull plating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:33 am

Well, according to Repcom the Deece was plasma based, and it's described as a blaster rifle.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Prismatic Hull plating   Prismatic Hull plating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 12:16 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
Well, according to Repcom the Deece was plasma based, and it's described as a blaster rifle.
Which Deece? -15 were blasters, -17 were mixed ordinance, mostly projectile, and -19 were stealth and not really anything.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prismatic Hull plating   Prismatic Hull plating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 12:17 pm

I keep forgetting normal troopers are capable of coherent thought. The 17, I believe, if that's the modular variant carried by Commandos.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Prismatic Hull plating   Prismatic Hull plating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 12:30 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
I keep forgetting normal troopers are capable of coherent thought. The 17, I believe, if that's the modular variant carried by Commandos.
The -17 is kinda different. When configured as an assault rifle, it's called an ion pulse blaster, which isn't quite the same as a normal blaster. When in sniper mode, it shoots projectiles encased in energy. Anit-armor mode is just a grenade launcher, and PEP, or pulsed energy projectile, isn't a blaster or a laser.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Prismatic Hull plating   Prismatic Hull plating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 12:39 pm

I'm just saying, according to Republic Commando: Triple Zero the AR mode is plasma.

Something else worth noting is that you can upgrade your AT-STs and other light vehicles in Star Wars: Empire at War with mirrored armor, which deflects up to 35% of incoming fire. Note this fire comes from ANYTHING. Militia, Rebel tanks, even if it comes from a bloody AT-AT it has a chance of deflecting it. And mirrored would only deflect light based weaponry..
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Prismatic Hull plating   Prismatic Hull plating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:23 am

I think this conversation is no longer relevant.
Back to top Go down
Happyman
Happyman

Location : Either the bathroom or my rolly chair, wherever a computer or smartphone is baisically

PostSubject: Re: Prismatic Hull plating   Prismatic Hull plating - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:09 pm

Yeah the star wars thing... no. But i really think that the whole armor thing is perfect for the devs...

i just hope they agree with me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prismatic Hull plating   Prismatic Hull plating - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prismatic Hull plating
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Idea Center-
Jump to: