Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Radiation Drones/Missiles

Go down 
+12
Tiel+
Laibach
fr0stbyte124
Keon
Grand Imperial Thunder
tonyri
The Schmetterling
Ivan2006
Last_Jedi_Standing
Shiva
Potato
Happyman
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Happyman
Happyman

Location : Either the bathroom or my rolly chair, wherever a computer or smartphone is baisically

Radiation Drones/Missiles - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiation Drones/Missiles   Radiation Drones/Missiles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:05 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
TNT is bio warfare.
umm, How?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Radiation Drones/Missiles   Radiation Drones/Missiles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 2:18 pm

Happyman wrote:
Sir Tielton wrote:
TNT is bio warfare.
umm, How?
Because it´s made out of creeper offal?
I personally don´t think TNT would count as bio- weapons because of that.
But... bio-weapons that contain Illnésses would be cool.
Maybe they would infect everyone in a radius of ~10-50 blocks and everyone who comes 2 blocks or closer to an infected has a chance of about 0.01%/t of getting infected, too.
The Illness can only be detected with the use of a medical scanner or by the demage the infected gets. Only cure is medicine or dead.
Possibly different illnesses with different degrees of lethality. (to make a difference between fast- killers and wide- spreaders)
Maybe also other symptoms (that start after a specific time of being infected) like being weak, not being able to walk at normal speed or sprint or even amblyopia.
Back to top Go down
Happyman
Happyman

Location : Either the bathroom or my rolly chair, wherever a computer or smartphone is baisically

PostSubject: Re: Radiation Drones/Missiles   Radiation Drones/Missiles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:45 am

You know your sh*t doc
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Radiation Drones/Missiles   Radiation Drones/Missiles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 10:33 am

Ivan2006 wrote:
Happyman wrote:
Sir Tielton wrote:
TNT is bio warfare.
umm, How?
Maybe they would infect everyone in a radius of ~10-50 blocks and everyone who comes 2 blocks or closer to an infected has a chance of about 0.01%/t of getting infected, too.
The Illness can only be detected with the use of a medical scanner or by the demage the infected gets. Only cure is medicine or dead.
Possibly different illnesses with different degrees of lethality. (to make a difference between fast- killers and wide- spreaders)
Maybe also other symptoms (that start after a specific time of being infected) like being weak, not being able to walk at normal speed or sprint or even amblyopia.

This could actually be a fun mod. I'm not sure if it would work in Futurecraft, but I just want to make a MP server with 50 people and try to infect everybody and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Radiation Drones/Missiles   Radiation Drones/Missiles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 11:47 am

Keon wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Happyman wrote:
Sir Tielton wrote:
TNT is bio warfare.
umm, How?

This could actually be a fun mod. I'm not sure if it would work in Futurecraft, but I just want to make a MP server with 50 people and try to infect everybody and see how it goes.
Only if you can deploy the weapon by launching shells full of it from your artillery batteries.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: Radiation Drones/Missiles   Radiation Drones/Missiles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:03 pm

Just a note, a radiation missile would essentually be a nuke.

Actually, thats EXACTLY what it would be, take away the air from around a nuke and you just get a huge burst of radiation and a fine spray of relativistic plasma.

And by huge, i mean anyone within 2 miles without 100 feet of rock in front of them would just keel over dead huge.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Radiation Drones/Missiles   Radiation Drones/Missiles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Probably a longer range, I think empty space allows really long range radiation wavelengths. Thats why radio waves go for millions of light years.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: Radiation Drones/Missiles   Radiation Drones/Missiles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 4:15 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Probably a longer range, I think empty space allows really long range radiation wavelengths. Thats why radio waves go for millions of light years.
You forgot about the inverse square law.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: Radiation Drones/Missiles   Radiation Drones/Missiles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:30 am

Buggy1997123 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
You forgot about the inverse square law.

You Forgot about The Action-is-better-than-laws law
Back to top Go down
Happyman
Happyman

PostSubject: Re: Radiation Drones/Missiles   Radiation Drones/Missiles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:50 pm

Buggy1997123 wrote:
Just a note, a radiation missile would essentually be a nuke.

Actually, thats EXACTLY what it would be, take away the air from around a nuke and you just get a huge burst of radiation and a fine spray of relativistic plasma.

And by huge, i mean anyone within 2 miles without 100 feet of rock in front of them would just keel over dead huge.

No a nuke explodes on contact. This would focus the radiation down a specific point to be used as a beam. Essentially it's launching a turret with one use but extreme power. Also what do you think of shipboard factories so ships could refuel and rearm on the go, but only with specific but slow ships.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Radiation Drones/Missiles   Radiation Drones/Missiles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:08 pm

Nukes explode in mid air...
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Radiation Drones/Missiles   Radiation Drones/Missiles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:23 pm

ACH0225 wrote:

^

Also, the "radiation beam" you are proposing is Starcraft's Yamato Cannon, which isn't any more effective than an axial mass driver unless you want to blow your ship apart. See the Jackson's Revenge from Starcraft II as opposed to a regular battlecruiser; it's a pretty good example.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Radiation Drones/Missiles   Radiation Drones/Missiles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:53 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Keon wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Happyman wrote:
Sir Tielton wrote:
TNT is bio warfare.
umm, How?

Only if you can deploy the weapon by launching shells full of it from your artillery batteries.

that is my dream, for this mod

although I like poison gases slightly more
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Radiation Drones/Missiles   Radiation Drones/Missiles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:14 pm

'tis called Neurotoxin, Sir Intolerant
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Radiation Drones/Missiles   Radiation Drones/Missiles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 7:40 pm

could be, I was thinking some sort of acidic aerosol

but now that I say it that isn't exactly poison is it Neutral
Back to top Go down
Happyman
Happyman

PostSubject: Re: Radiation Drones/Missiles   Radiation Drones/Missiles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 11:04 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

^

Also, the "radiation beam" you are proposing is Starcraft's Yamato Cannon, which isn't any more effective than an axial mass driver unless you want to blow your ship apart. See the Jackson's Revenge from Starcraft II as opposed to a regular battlecruiser; it's a pretty good example.
It's a drone. The point of it is to get destroyed-_-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiation Drones/Missiles   Radiation Drones/Missiles - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiation Drones/Missiles
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Idea Center-
Jump to: