Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Who should we turn to about energy?

Go down 
+2
The Schmetterling
Buggy1997123
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

Who should we turn to about energy? Empty
PostSubject: Who should we turn to about energy?   Who should we turn to about energy? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:27 pm

As most of you probably know, we are planning to use IC2's EU system for electricity conduits and such, but as some of you may know RP2 now has Blutricity, which I am in the process of looking up. So, we need to decide, do we want to stick with the plan of using IC2's system, or use Blutricity?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Who should we turn to about energy?   Who should we turn to about energy? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 3:52 am

Just hold on. I am in the process of writing a complete and detailed road map of Futurecraft. I think that with the way we are going to make energy work, we won't need or want external help. My version is simpler, and makes just as much sense.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: Who should we turn to about energy?   Who should we turn to about energy? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Just hold on. I am in the process of writing a complete and detailed road map of Futurecraft. I think that with the way we are going to make energy work, we won't need or want external help. My version is simpler, and makes just as much sense.
Neat, is it nearly done?
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Who should we turn to about energy?   Who should we turn to about energy? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 2:03 pm

I'm curious about this too. Are you thinking about integrating IC's system?
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Who should we turn to about energy?   Who should we turn to about energy? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 5:58 pm

It was proposed. I wasn't terribly enthusiastic about it since it would mean requiring industrialcraft with our mod.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Who should we turn to about energy?   Who should we turn to about energy? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:06 pm

Personally I would just use redstone itself, I don't see the need for another power source other than the fact that redstone doesn't have a 'power level' or can be 'generated'. It would be much easier just to add new redstone machines and spend more time working on more interesting parts of the mod. But if people's hearts are set on a new power system...
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: Who should we turn to about energy?   Who should we turn to about energy? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:26 pm

Well, the reason I think we'll need a new power system is because of how we plan to control certain aspects of the game, such as ship size.

I haven't had a chance to mock up how a power system would work, but a lot of discussion has been put into an EU/s system (Energy Unit per second) where you have a power generator producing X amount of power and each subsystem attached to the generator draw's Y amount of power thus you need Z number of generators linked together to provide enough power, otherwise modules start dropping offline.

Again, there's nothing set in stone with this so it'll be one of the things that needs a more technical specing out before any code is actually written to handle it.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Who should we turn to about energy?   Who should we turn to about energy? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:42 pm

Okay I see what your saying. And I agree, for the ship it would be necessarily. Then I guess the question is whether to use IC's system or another or making one.
Back to top Go down
Apokalypse

PostSubject: Re: Who should we turn to about energy?   Who should we turn to about energy? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 8:26 pm

the problem with this is industrialcrafts system almost requires you to be on a planet to use. the nuclear reactors require constant mining of uranium. the windmills require an abundance of them the only thing realy feasible is solars and youd need a giant clusterfuck of them pointing in every direction to keep your ship decently powered. the geothermal generators require constant lava and the simple generators require coal. the only two aspects of nuclear reactors that are even possible is nuclear and water but water gets you 1 eu/t per 16 mills. and nuclears would require you to have a very unstable breeder that could blow up your ship at any second. point being. industrialcraft would only work planetside. space would need an entirely new medium farao
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

PostSubject: Re: Who should we turn to about energy?   Who should we turn to about energy? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 9:06 pm

I agree with Apokalypse on that one.

IC's system is somewhat flawed and isn't "of the future" like everything we're doing for this mod.

The premise for this mod is "its a FN future!". We'll need a reactor like system that can produce a good amount of power without a ton of back and forth, otherwise wondering the universe will be next to impossible.
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: Who should we turn to about energy?   Who should we turn to about energy? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 9:20 pm

Well if its the future how plausible is a wireless power system? A ship could just have reactors that power all of its functions wirelessly, which then makes the whole system much easier to implement.

But the whole power on ships question isn't ready to be solved until we actually have ships working. So the question is, what about planet-side power features?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who should we turn to about energy?   Who should we turn to about energy? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who should we turn to about energy?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: