Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Robinton's Compressed Faraway Cube Rendering

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

Robinton's Compressed Faraway Cube Rendering Empty
PostSubject: Robinton's Compressed Faraway Cube Rendering   Robinton's Compressed Faraway Cube Rendering Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 12:51 pm

Quote :

Yes, I will update both Forge and non-Forge versions of 4096IDs. I'll make sure to fix the chest bug, too. In fact, that's my next task.

What had I been working on?

MC1.2.4 Compressed Faraway Cube Rendering V0.9.0. (I'll update it to MC1.2.5 along with everything else, the next time I have a free day.)
I've only tested it on debug mode so far. Would someone be so kind as to test it for me.
It works (at least on debug mode). Even Tiny RenderDistance has the view distance of Vanilla Far, just with far less detail, and for the most part far less lag.
When first computing the compressed cubes, MC does tend to lag quite a bit, especially if it has to generate terrain. I'll fix this in the next version by distributing the computation across lots of ticks.
Many blocks appear invisible. I'll fix this by adding an average-color computing algorithm.
Apart from one point up, the graphics aren't quite as good as I'd hoped. There are several ways to improve this, and I intend to include them in future versions.
It is one or two classes away (AnvilChunkLoader for on-save-updates, and EntityRenderer for far-fog) from being extremely compatible (read: working with Opti*, and almost everything else you can mention). I plan to look for ways to fix that.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/310298-100robintons-mods/page__view__findpost__p__14048062

Installing this as we speak to see if it works.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Robinton's Compressed Faraway Cube Rendering   Robinton's Compressed Faraway Cube Rendering Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Aaaannd?
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: Robinton's Compressed Faraway Cube Rendering   Robinton's Compressed Faraway Cube Rendering Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:36 pm

Keon wrote:
Aaaannd?
Nadda, couldn't get it working.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Robinton's Compressed Faraway Cube Rendering   Robinton's Compressed Faraway Cube Rendering Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:03 am

Same. I really want to see what it looks like.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: Robinton's Compressed Faraway Cube Rendering   Robinton's Compressed Faraway Cube Rendering Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:16 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Same. I really want to see what it looks like.
Sorry, but I think part of the reason i can't get it working might be my FPU(Fail Processing Unit).
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Robinton's Compressed Faraway Cube Rendering   Robinton's Compressed Faraway Cube Rendering Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:31 pm

Last I heard, it still wasn't working right for anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robinton's Compressed Faraway Cube Rendering   Robinton's Compressed Faraway Cube Rendering Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Robinton's Compressed Faraway Cube Rendering
Page 1 of 1