Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

How ships are controlled, the basics.

Go down 
+9
Grand Imperial Thunder
fr0stbyte124
Tiel+
Buggy1997123
Keon
blockman42
xanex21
Iv121
The Schmetterling
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 12:27 am

I didn't understand your picture tiel so I edited it till it made sense.
How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 UyyqS
Clearly this is what you meant.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 12:39 am

Oh, now I get it!
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 12:51 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Oh, now I get it!
Glad to see others were confused by tiel's picture.
NEW MEME MAKE THINGS LESS CONFUSING ADD FACES.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 2:44 am

Okay, so Buggy goes to all that effort to have a revolution, and you decide to go and post that... thing?

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:26 am

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Okay, so Buggy goes to all that effort to have a revolution, and you decide to go and post that... thing?

*posts long and inspiring speech*
*first post is meme*
*second post is edited meme*
*third and forth post discuss meme*
Sad
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:32 am

Buggy1997123 wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:

*first post is meme*
Sad

I emphasis with you, fellow under-appreciant.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:42 am

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Buggy1997123 wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:

*first post is meme*
Sad

Yeah, it sucks how some people just memereply to well thought out posts.

I wonder if anyone actually got the point, that we need to follow in the footsteps of virtually everything successful that is Minecraft-related; that we need to provide the legos, not partially assembled, glued together pieces.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 5:04 pm

The ships could be contolled with the arrows and you can be controlled with w a s d. Thats what I use for zeppelin mod. and q and z bring the ship up and down. hyperdrive could be activated from computer. You press f5 to bring your perspective to player perspective. In front of the captains chair you place computers and from player perspective you can right click on them. This will bring your perspective closer to the screen where you can turn off and on auto-fire, and set a point you want your ship to warp to. (it will show a warp map or a map of the system of servers and you can select a planet to warp into orbit around) The computer will then show a phase jump animation, much like in SoSE and your ship will jump there. Depending on how long the jump will take, (5 min- several hours) you can decide to exit the captains chair and walk around during the phase jump. Also, if everyone in the ship goes to sleep in beds at the same time during a phase jump, the crew can sleep through it, making the phase jump take mere seconds rather than hours. Also, I dont know about the whole "glow red" idea... feed back?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 5:42 pm

Buggy1997123 wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Buggy1997123 wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:

*first post is meme*
Sad

Yeah, it sucks how some people just memereply to well thought out posts.

I wonder if anyone actually got the point, that we need to follow in the footsteps of virtually everything successful that is Minecraft-related; that we need to provide the legos, not partially assembled, glued together pieces.

Oh please, I spent a little under half an hour making that, you should be thankful.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Kobialka wrote:

The ships could be contolled with the arrows and you can be controlled with w a s d. Thats what I use for zeppelin mod. and q and z bring the ship up and down. hyperdrive could be activated from computer. You press f5 to bring your perspective to player perspective. In front of the captains chair you place computers and from player perspective you can right click on them. This will bring your perspective closer to the screen where you can turn off and on auto-fire, and set a point you want your ship to warp to. (it will show a warp map or a map of the system of servers and you can select a planet to warp into orbit around) The computer will then show a phase jump animation, much like in SoSE and your ship will jump there. Depending on how long the jump will take, (5 min- several hours) you can decide to exit the captains chair and walk around during the phase jump. Also, if everyone in the ship goes to sleep in beds at the same time during a phase jump, the crew can sleep through it, making the phase jump take mere seconds rather than hours. Also, I dont know about the whole "glow red" idea... feed back?
My point↓
*•******●******•**← Miles of air
----------↑ Your head
Back to top Go down
kennysmith1234
kennysmith1234

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 11:47 pm

Buggy1997123 wrote:
Ok, enough off topic, we need to settle this.

Lets take a page from the basis of the mod itself: Minecraft. Minecraft, in it's start, gave its players a bunch of blocks and the means to move them around; it gave them a framework. And what happened? It sold millions.

Lets take a look at a few other mods; Like Redpower. Redpower adds a bunch of new things, and their all virtually useless on there own. Yet its one of the biggest supermods out there, because it gives it's players a framework

Industrial craft? It also gives a sort of framework, and it's incredibly popular.

Computer Craft? Framework. Very popular.

We need to take a page from all of these mods, and all of those that failed before them.

We need to give our users a damn framework.

For some, it will be too complex, yes, but that will drive the economy! Shipbuilding will be a viable method of revenue generation, in whatever form that takes. We CAN have programmable computers, because those who DO know what their doing can give those who DON'T what they need! Or sell it to them! And if they won't give it away? Learn! It won't kill you! It only ever killed that guy who got that prank chemistry book!

We need to stop trying to force feed simplicity to MINECRAFT users! We need to follow the book of frikkin REAL LIFE. NOTHING in life is simple, yet we are all ALIVE are we not?

WE NEED TO GIVE OUR USERS

COMPLEXITY!

Oh, My gawd!

You are a freaking genius!
It works perfectly! And I know that this next question is off topic, but what do you guys think of all of us dividing into 3 separate ship building Industries, Corporation, etc;?

We can determine who builds with whom in a thread in the ship building area.

Yeah?
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 12:09 am

All in favor, say I:

-1^.5
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 1:41 am

Wait, you want us to tell you the square root of -1, aka the imaginary number I? Ok, im in, … uh… a number that times itself equals 1… 1x1=1 so, -1x-1=…1. Wait, so -1 has no square root, but the square root of -1=I, and I exists and I=(-1)SQRT, but (-1)SQRT doesn't exist but I does and I=(-1)SQRT but it doesn't it yet but it but it it it iiiiiiiiiiiii

Booting Buggy, please stand by…

What? What happened? Oh well, where was I? Oh yeah, I=(-1)SQRT and 1x1=1 so the SQRT of -1 is... Nothing? But I exists, how can (-1)SQRT not exist, and I exist, when I equals the SQRT of -1? Its a paraddddddddd

What? What happened? Oh well, where was i? Oh yeah, I=(-1)SQRT
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 1:50 am

Complex numbers do not exist in the real world, but functions that have a complex aspect to them do. For instance, they pop up occasionally in electrical engineering and for describing certain kinds of fractal patterns.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:08 am

Buggy1997123 wrote:

Lets take a page from the basis of the mod itself: Minecraft. Minecraft, in it's start, gave its players a bunch of blocks and the means to move them around; it gave them a framework. And what happened? It sold millions.

Lets take a look at a few other mods; Like Redpower. Redpower adds a bunch of new things, and their all virtually useless on there own. Yet its one of the biggest supermods out there, because it gives it's players a framework

Industrial craft? It also gives a sort of framework, and it's incredibly popular.

We need to take a page from all of these mods, and all of those that failed before them.

For some, it will be too complex, yes, but that will drive the economy! Shipbuilding will be a viable method of revenue generation, in whatever form that takes. We CAN have programmable computers, because those who DO know what their doing can give those who DON'T what they need! Or sell it to them! And if they won't give it away? Learn! It won't kill you! It only ever killed that guy who got that prank chemistry book!

We need to stop trying to force feed simplicity to MINECRAFT users! We need to follow the book of frikkin REAL LIFE. NOTHING in life is simple, yet we are all ALIVE are we not?

COMPLEXITY!

mods that failed... hm... I know this one.... THE POOP MOD. There are really DUMB people out there. THE POOP MOD? W T F!
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:11 am

Buggy1997123 wrote:
Wait, you want us to tell you the square root of -1, aka the imaginary number I? Ok, im in, … uh… a number that times itself equals 1… 1x1=1 so, -1x-1=…1. Wait, so -1 has no square root, but the square root of -1=I, and I exists and I=(-1)SQRT, but (-1)SQRT doesn't exist but I does and I=(-1)SQRT but it doesn't it yet but it but it it it iiiiiiiiiiiii

What? What happened? Oh well, where was I? Oh yeah, I=(-1)SQRT and 1x1=1 so the SQRT of -1 is... Nothing? But I exists, how can (-1)SQRT not exist, and I exist, when I equals the SQRT of -1? Its a paraddddddddd

What? What happened? Oh well, where was i? Oh yeah, I=(-1)SQRT

ALGEBRA! NOOOO! SEE WHAT THE DEVELOPERS OF FUTURECRAP sorry I meant FUTURECRAFT HAVE BECOME! NOOOO!
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:13 am

kennysmith1234 wrote:
Buggy1997123 wrote:

COMPLEXITY!

Oh, My gawd!

It works perfectly! And I know that this next question is off topic, but what do you guys think of all of us dividing into 3 separate ship building Industries, Corporation, etc;?

Yeah?

Wow. if only you were born 200 years in the future. You would be the most amazing business man selling space ships!
Back to top Go down
Danice123
DEV
DEV
Danice123

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:16 am

I agree with the framework thing. I'm going to redesign my computer system after it, I think. Command line only?
Back to top Go down
http://wbcentral.com
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:19 am

Danice123 wrote:
I agree with the framework thing. I'm going to redesign my computer system after it, I think. Command line only?

Only Command line. Not Command Line only. There is a difference BUT YOU MUST HAVE FAITH IF YOU WANT TO FIND IT YOUNG PADAWAN.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 11:23 am

Danice123 wrote:
I'm not really sure how commandline would work for something like that.
Back to top Go down
kennysmith1234
kennysmith1234

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Kobialka wrote:
kennysmith1234 wrote:
Buggy1997123 wrote:

COMPLEXITY!

Oh, My gawd!

Yeah?

Wow. if only you were born 200 years in the future. You would be the most amazing business man selling space ships!

Naw, I would be climbing in yo' windows, and snatchin' yo' people up.
CORRECTION: I would be climbing through your docking bays, beaming your crew members onto my ship.
Trying to molest them so you should hide your offspring, hide your mate, hide your other mate, because I will be molesting everybody in space!

Yes, I just did that...
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 2:40 pm

kennysmith1234 wrote:
Kobialka wrote:
kennysmith1234 wrote:
Buggy1997123 wrote:

COMPLEXITY!

Oh, My gawd!

Yeah?

Naw, I would be climbing in yo' windows, and snatchin' yo' people up.
CORRECTION: I would be climbing through your docking bays, beaming your crew members onto my ship.
Trying to molest them so you should hide your offspring, hide your mate, hide your other mate, because I will be molesting everybody in space!

Yes, I just did that...

ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How ships are controlled, the basics.   How ships are controlled, the basics. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How ships are controlled, the basics.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Idea Center-
Jump to: