Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Code for a tester?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lukemacu

Code for a tester? Empty
PostSubject: Code for a tester?   Code for a tester? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 5:24 pm

Do I need to be one of the coders to test this mod on the server?
Back to top Go down
tonyri
tonyri

Code for a tester? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code for a tester?   Code for a tester? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:44 pm

lukemacu wrote:
Do I need to be one of the coders to test this mod on the server?
Not necessarily. I just want to make sure that you know what testing entails. Most people want to be testers just so they can play release-like quality versions before everyone else. Testing means that there won't be actual playing. It means that you push the limits of the code and try to break it so it can be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Buggy1997123
DEV
DEV
Buggy1997123

Code for a tester? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code for a tester?   Code for a tester? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 2:31 am

If thats all it requires, I could test it too. I'm sure I could whip up a 80 million block ship in mcedit and go up(or down) from there. If the test version doesn't have a upper speed limit I could search for problems with the collision code at high speeds, or any collision code inconsistancys in general.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Code for a tester? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code for a tester?   Code for a tester? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 6:13 am

Buggy1997123 wrote:
If thats all it requires, I could test it too. I'm sure I could whip up a 80 million block ship in mcedit and go up(or down) from there. If the test version doesn't have a upper speed limit I could search for problems with the collision code at high speeds, or any collision code inconsistancys in general.

That's a tad big, don't you think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Code for a tester? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code for a tester?   Code for a tester? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Code for a tester?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: