Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Mining Lasers?

Go down 
+4
Keon
The Schmetterling
Shiva
xanex21
8 posters
AuthorMessage
xanex21

Mining Lasers? Empty
PostSubject: Mining Lasers?   Mining Lasers? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:40 pm

Im sure somebody brought it up, but i would like to suggest mining lasers for Future. There is an mod that uses lasers for mining given enough power.
Any comments?

Mining Lasers? 2012-021

Mining Lasers? 2012-018

Mining Lasers? 2012-019

Im using a laser mod. Courtesy of direwolf20, look him up on youtube
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

Mining Lasers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Lasers?   Mining Lasers? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:22 pm

I approve of this idea.

Afterall, we're going to be using them for ship-weapons anyway, it couldn't be too hard to code either a mining power setting for your main guns or give you purpose-built lasers.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Mining Lasers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Lasers?   Mining Lasers? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:36 pm

Shiva wrote:
I approve of this idea.

Afterall, we're going to be using them for ship-weapons anyway, it couldn't be too hard to code either a mining power setting for your main guns or give you purpose-built lasers.

We are adding lots of mining equipment, but I personally
don't think ships should have the ability to mine. Ships might carry mining
equipment, like my Dreadnought which will store several drilling platforms, but
not be a piece of mining equipment themselves. I don't want to see ships flying
past and using tractor beams to suck up trees and bits of ground.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

Mining Lasers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Lasers?   Mining Lasers? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 7:45 pm

But that was the idea of the SHEPARD!(Sheep Herds Exit Planet's Atmosphere Robotic Destroyer.)
Wow that was bad.
I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
xanex21

Mining Lasers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Lasers?   Mining Lasers? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Dr. Mackeroth wrote:
Shiva wrote:
I approve of this idea.

We are adding lots of mining equipment, but I personally
don't think ships should have the ability to mine. Ships might carry mining
equipment, like my Dreadnought which will store several drilling platforms, but
not be a piece of mining equipment themselves. I don't want to see ships flying
past and using tractor beams to suck up trees and bits of ground.

Well i had in mind once you drill you have to collect physically your self.
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

Mining Lasers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Lasers?   Mining Lasers? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:19 pm

When did this become Eve?!? Mining lasers?!? blah.

If I wanted to sit in a spot and mine for hours on end I'd go play Eve and fly around in my Hulk.
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

Mining Lasers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Lasers?   Mining Lasers? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:23 pm

Mining ship can mean a drone-platform like you're going to do, Doc Mac. But some people will enjoy tearing planets open with laser power.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
xanex21

Mining Lasers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Lasers?   Mining Lasers? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:25 am

ectrimble20 wrote:

If I wanted to sit in a spot and mine for hours on end I'd go play Eve and fly around in my Hulk.

Some of us have never played Eve and plus wasnt this minecraft, purpose to mine. It would be nice if players had the option to do so.
Back to top Go down
ectrimble20
DEV
DEV
ectrimble20

Mining Lasers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Lasers?   Mining Lasers? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:56 am

xanex21 wrote:
ectrimble20 wrote:

Some of us have never played Eve and plus wasnt this minecraft, purpose to mine. It would be nice if players had the option to do so.

Wait what did you just say? Wasn't this minecraft? this is MINECRAFT?!?! No, THIS.... IS.... FUTURECRAFT!!! *** kicks xanax21 into the pit of death ***
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Mining Lasers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Lasers?   Mining Lasers? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:03 am

You don't have to use the fun stuff if you don't want, but there is a reason you don't see many iron block space ship builds on survival maps. ***leaves xanax21 in the pit of death***
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

Mining Lasers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Lasers?   Mining Lasers? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:21 pm

Cool3303 wrote:
You could destroy the planet with any non fire weapon (to leave the Items) and use anything which accelerates the Air in the direction of your ship( maybe the ventilation system) to suck up everything you destroyed so you won´t need any tractor beams (but you ar right it wold be cool).

PS. I want a Giant Laser Beam (50x50) which can be overcharged to turn any planet in a Desert Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil )

not a very polite way to ask for it
Back to top Go down
GroundBurg_Coder13
GroundBurg_Coder13

Mining Lasers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Lasers?   Mining Lasers? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Cool3303 wrote:
You could destroy the planet with any non fire weapon (to leave the Items) and use anything which accelerates the Air in the direction of your ship( maybe the ventilation system) to suck up everything you destroyed so you won´t need any tractor beams (but you ar right it wold be cool).

PS. I want a Giant Laser Beam (50x50) which can be overcharged to turn any planet in a Desert Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil )

If anything, that would be a radiation beam ( think extragalactic jets from black holes) but it is too overpowered and way too energy inefficient (by any superweapons standard) to be implemented (IMO).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mining Lasers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Lasers?   Mining Lasers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mining Lasers?
Page 1 of 1