Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Java learning with CMA/everyone.

Go down 
+4
Commander Error
Tau
Last_Jedi_Standing
Hierarch CMA
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

Java learning with CMA/everyone. Empty
PostSubject: Java learning with CMA/everyone.   Java learning with CMA/everyone. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:38 pm

It's a bit unfair to lump all of the work on Fr0st, so let's all learn Java so we can take over once/if he finishes the rendering crap. Basically, I'm going to try to get at least 3 other people up to a decent level of experience in java, maybe enough to make something like tetris or whatever. If we can do that, then there's a good chance we'll be able to do stuff like electrical systems and modding other than adding blank blocks that don't do anything

Add Þ C on skype, and we can talk about it. We'll use this* book.

*http://math.hws.edu/eck/cs124/javanotes6/

Last edited by Hierarch CMA on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Java learning with CMA/everyone.   Java learning with CMA/everyone. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:08 pm

Processing is a freely downloadable Java-based language. It is not actually Java but it's close, and it has the advantage of having a huge and useful library of instructions for all the functions and syntax and everything. I have no idea how you're expecting to make this work, but this might be helpful.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: Java learning with CMA/everyone.   Java learning with CMA/everyone. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 5:00 pm

I'll pitch in. Chpt. 1 should take me a week or so.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Java learning with CMA/everyone.   Java learning with CMA/everyone. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 5:05 pm

I will try to go though it as I get the free time, for me it mainly means learning new syntax, maybe later I can help you if you have anything you don’t understand.

Last edited by Iv121 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Java learning with CMA/everyone.   Java learning with CMA/everyone. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 5:07 pm

I have copious free time, I can pitch in to learn Java.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Java learning with CMA/everyone.   Java learning with CMA/everyone. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 5:08 pm

I can learn, if need be.
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: Java learning with CMA/everyone.   Java learning with CMA/everyone. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 5:09 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Processing is a freely downloadable Java-based language. It is not actually Java but it's close, and it has the advantage of having a huge and useful library of instructions for all the functions and syntax and everything. I have no idea how you're expecting to make this work, but this might be helpful.
I'm already a bit past that level of programming, but someone else might find it useful, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Java learning with CMA/everyone.   Java learning with CMA/everyone. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 5:54 pm

I suggest you not making your life too easy for yourselves or working on a real programming enviornment will feel like a slap in the face from reality.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Java learning with CMA/everyone.   Java learning with CMA/everyone. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:11 am

Iv121 wrote:
I suggest you not making your life too easy for yourselves or working on a real programming enviornment will feel like a slap in the face from reality.

Do the level you're comfortable with. If you don't understand the java things, do something easier - Processing or Gamemaker or Python. If you understand what the Java things are saying, keep at java. That would be my advice at least. If you ever need help ask around.

This is actually fantastic. Keep it up, everybody. I'm going to see what this thing is. EDIT: The excercises seem like great practice. Don't just read the book; make sure to do all the exercises.
Back to top Go down
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

PostSubject: Re: Java learning with CMA/everyone.   Java learning with CMA/everyone. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 1:37 pm

I'll join. I should have enough freetime to go into it on the weekends. To glory!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Java learning with CMA/everyone.   Java learning with CMA/everyone. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Java learning with CMA/everyone.
Page 1 of 1