Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Serpent's Venom

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Serpent's Venom Empty
PostSubject: Serpent's Venom   Serpent's Venom Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 12:16 am

NAME: ALEKSANDER KERENSKY IETYL III

FINAL WORDS:

Greetings, my beautiful mechwarriors. How lovely, to see all of you here, and may I say it's been an honor serving over and alongside you. Unfortunately, the time has come that I must bid you all a... farewell. I trust that my successor will guide you along the path adequately, honorably, and I trust that you have the ability to guide yourselves.

You may begin! Let Exile Serpent stand!

TIME OF DEATH: 02:23 3/4/3065

A technician sat at his post, monitoring sensor readouts of the area around the HyperPulse Generator. He was only paying half attention. This day, like any other, would most likely be just another uneventful revolution. He looked out of the large window that separated him from the cold vacuum of the microplanet Seraph and began to doze. He was awakened by a ping from one of the monitors, indicating a energy emission. Something struck the window and the technician tumbled outward along with evacuated air. His last sight was a Kit Fox atop the defensive wall, its missile tube radiating smoke.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Battletech AU

The Second Clan Invasion has begun. Clan Exile Serpent has been building for hundreds of years, outside the reach of even the most peripheral of the other Clans, amassing military might, technology, and strategy rivaling the combined strength of the New Star League. Their armory includes mechs of both Inner Sphere and Clan design. Their pilots are ferocious and viciously intelligent. Their directive is to fulfill what the other Clan invasion had not, to bring the Star League to its knees and restructure it from the ground up. Of course, the other remaining Clans must be punished for their failure.

Our RP will begin on one Periphery world, Junction. Junction is a major populace center, mining capital, and battleground of a mounting Steiner-Davion war. It is among the first targets of Exile Serpent. The other Noble Houses also have their eyes on Junction and have a notable presence in the area.

Unfortunately, all ComStar HyperPulse Generators in the area are offline for some reason. Information to and from the IS will travel slowly.

The character's role in this is entirely up to the RPer. You may be a Steiner or Davion combatant, a Liao-hired merc, an old Clanner looking for an honorable death in battle, an Exile Serpent pilot, etc.

CRASH COURSE IN BT LORE (this is what I used to write this OP. BT lore is one of the most complex out there): Inner Sphere 1Inner Sphere 2Inner Sphere 3

Mechs:

Weapons:

Equipment:

RULES

I am Master.
I will kill you.
You will probably die if you play fair.
When you die, I will give you permission to make a new character.
Mechs must be canon (use a canon chassis)
You have access to all mechs in the BT universe, with some specific restrictions.
No aliens.
If one person says "mecha" I will obliterate you with a conveniently placed ground-based mobile orbital gun.
Daynel, if you argue with me I will destroy everything you hold dear.
If you have any questions, there are plenty of wikis. Feel free to ask me, as well.
Godmodding is bad.

PILOT APPLICATION

Pilot Name:

Personality:

Specialties:

Affiliation: ** I may force you people into lances if you share affiliation **

Backstory (Brief):

Music (I suggest something epic) and Image: Optional

BATTLEMECH APPLICATION

Weight Class: **No superheavies**

Mech:

Weaponry:

Top Speed: Dependent on the weight class and engine.

Equipment:

Image (please use the most recent one you can find, early ones look awful):

**Luck bonus if you do everything right the first time**

Last edited by MercurySteam on Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

Serpent's Venom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serpent's Venom   Serpent's Venom Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 1:07 am

PILOT APPLICATION

Pilot Name: Jordan

Personality: Quiet, she speaks as little as possible and keeps her distance from people.

Specialties: Odd familiarity and skill with light mech classes.

Affiliation: Mercenary

Music (I suggest something epic) and Image:
Spoiler:

BATTLEMECH APPLICATION

Weight Class: Light, 20 tons

Mech: Locust, 3M variant.

Weaponry: two sm lasers, three med laser.

Top Speed: 129.5 kmph.

Equipment: AMS, Anti missile system. CASE. std engine. Sensor array.

Last edited by Luna on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Serpent's Venom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serpent's Venom   Serpent's Venom Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 10:52 am

Pilot Name: Markus Terranus

Personality: Funny, fun-loving, and generally lighthearted. Deadly (ha, ha) serious when required to be.

Specialties: Long-range ballistics and energy weapons.

Affiliation: Mercinary (Originated in House Davion)

Music and Image:
Spoiler:

BATTLEMECH APPLICATION

Weight Class: Heavy

Mech: RFL-3N Rifleman (passed down through the family - now over 125 years old. Still works, mostly)

Weaponry: x2 Large Lasers, x2 AC/5s, x2 Medium Lasers

Top Speed: 67 km/h (due to modifications)

Equipment: Advanced Sensor Array, ECM Array, CASE, Standard-fit engine.

Image:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Serpent's Venom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serpent's Venom   Serpent's Venom Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 5:26 pm

Opsie, forgot to add backstory.

Luna, Cookie.

Error, Cookie.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Serpent's Venom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serpent's Venom   Serpent's Venom Icon_minitimeSat Jan 04, 2014 5:37 pm

MercurySteam wrote:

Error, Cookie.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Serpent's Venom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serpent's Venom   Serpent's Venom Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 2:33 am

Aww come on, just one more person and we'll start.

If we don't get another player by, let's say, Tuesday we will begin. With such a small number I can actually GM properly.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Serpent's Venom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serpent's Venom   Serpent's Venom Icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:33 am

So I assume me 'n' Luna are in the same merc company, or is this fight a huge mess of mercs 'n' armies?
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

Serpent's Venom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serpent's Venom   Serpent's Venom Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 10:57 am

Pilot Name: Jack 'Lighter' Cintier

Personality: Warm, friendly, Calming

Specialties: Scouting, Guerilla fighter,

Affiliation: Lone Wolf

Backstory (Brief): At the age of 25 he was drafted into the military to fight in some war. Deserted soon after his 10th battle and kept his Mech. Went into the merc business and this where we find him today.

Music (I suggest something epic) and Image:
Music:
BATTLEMECH APPLICATION

Weight Class: Light

Mech: Firefly

Weaponry: LB-X Autocannon 5, Laser Clan med, Flamer, SRM 4

Top Speed: 86.4 km/h,can jump up to one hundred and twenty meters,

Equipment: GM 150, Lexington Lifters, Array, CASE, ECM  

Image (please use the most recent one you can find, early ones look awful):
Spoiler:

Last edited by Soul of Jack on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Serpent's Venom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serpent's Venom   Serpent's Venom Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 12:19 pm

Is this only using battle tech mechs or is there room for a shred of originality?
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Serpent's Venom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serpent's Venom   Serpent's Venom Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 1:18 pm

Prototype wrote:
Is this only using battle tech mechs or is there room for a shred of originality?
BattleTech universe, mate.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Serpent's Venom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serpent's Venom   Serpent's Venom Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 1:34 pm

Commander Error wrote:
Prototype wrote:
BattleTech universe, mate.
ok, I wont bother then.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Serpent's Venom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serpent's Venom   Serpent's Venom Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 2:58 pm

I would like to keep it canon, but if you really want to do something original, you have to match the style of BT and provide an illustration.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Serpent's Venom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serpent's Venom   Serpent's Venom Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 5:40 pm

How many people do we want before we begin?
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Serpent's Venom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serpent's Venom   Serpent's Venom Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:39 am

Jack, you're going to have a hard time putting an LB-X 10 on a 30 ton mech and still have things like adequate armor and an engine.

We will begin on the 'morrow! When I finish the setting post and such. Because I'm buried in things to do.

My app

Pilot Name: Vandess Natierel "Crudgel"

Personality: Grim, sometimes bitter, vicious, but tactically logical.

Specialties: Long-range ballistics.

Affiliation: Black Sun's Breath (Currently employed by House Davion)

Backstory (Brief): Abandoned the Smoke Jaguars just before the beginning of Operation: Bulldog (which wiped the Jaguars from the Inner Sphere), and joined the Black Suns. She deserted along with her dropship pilot during a skirmish which had left all of her lancemates dead.
Her prized Shadow Cat MkII was left mostly intact.

Music:
Spoiler:

BATTLEMECH APPLICATION

Weight Class: Heavy

Mech: Shadow Cat MkII

Weaponry: 1 Hyper Assault Gauss Rifle, 2x Clan Ultra AC-2, 2 medium lasers.

Top Speed: 84 Km/h

Equipment: Jump Jets, LAMS, Advanced Optics

Image:
Spoiler:

Welcome to the Black Sun's Breath.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

Serpent's Venom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serpent's Venom   Serpent's Venom Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 9:47 am

I have edited it.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Serpent's Venom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serpent's Venom   Serpent's Venom Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 2:11 am

Serpent's Venom ESNMxBK

LOCATION: ABOARD BLACK SUN'S BREATH UNION-CLASS DROPSHIP, FINAL DESCENT THROUGH ATMOSPHERE OF JUNCTION, SOUTHERN       HEMISPHERE, HIETAL CONTINENT

HIETAL, JUNCTION

TERRAIN: KARST, BROKEN HILLS

AMBIENT TEMPERATURE: 17C

ATMOSPHERE: NITROGEN 76% OXYGEN: 22% OTHER 2%

DROP LANCE: BSB A-3

Markust Terranus: : Rifleman RFL-3N (custom)

Vandess Natierel: Crudgel: Shadow Cat II (omni-custom)

Jack Cintier: Lighter: Firefly (custom)

Jordan: : Locust LCT-3M (custom)

Black Sun's Breath BSB A-3 Mission Objective:

There's a small Steiner base to the west, we want you to take it. Expect minimal resistance, the fortifications have been pounded by what we believe is a civilian retaliation force. Probably some Davion loyalists, we don't actually know, sensor net in this area is down. Steiner forces in the area are probably still running scouts, so watch your back. Enemy Orbital Guns will be down for approx. 24 hours.

________________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________________

The Dropship shuddered as it impacted the inner atmosphere. There was a brief period of silence before retrothrusters activated, slowing the ship to a survivable velocity. It touched down lightly on the bank of a deep highland lake, two of its landing fins partially submerged. As the lance waited for the door to lower, gentle rapping could be heard through the hull, growing louder as time passed. The Union-class dropship fired its heavy laser array and lowered its doors. An gauss rifle round flew through the door and impacted the far wall of the mech bay, luckily missing the four occupants. Standing on a ridge about one kilometer away was a Hunchback and a Hollander.

Hunchback: 50 ton. AC-10, 4x med lasers, 1x small laser.

Hollander: 30 ton. Gauss rifle.

Theme for this portion:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

Serpent's Venom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serpent's Venom   Serpent's Venom Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 8:03 pm

Without even moving, Markus flipped off his safeties and pulled into his triggers, blasting 2 heavy and 2 medium lasers at the enemy mechs. Stepping forward, he followed that up with a paired AC/5 shot, then stomped out of the DropShip towards something like cover.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Serpent's Venom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serpent's Venom   Serpent's Venom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serpent's Venom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Futurecraft Roleplay-
Jump to: