Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Normandy Mark IX (Updated)

Go down 
+6
blockman42
Laibach
Tau
Keon
elmeerkat
xanex21
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
xanex21

Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Empty
PostSubject: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 4:28 am

Here in my pics i used RP2 BLOCKS. Keep in mind i used Paint Software Gimp to change the ways some blocks looked . I suggest that the creators of future craft to incorporate this base code mode or idea for cutting block so that players can make there ship tighter and more defined. The first two pics is my old ship. The rest is my new ship.
Of course its a work in progress. I thinking i want my design to stay more simple.

New changes have happen. I did not do anything to the interior yet..so.
Stealth Corvette Ship

Please take a look at all the pics.
Any Comments?
Normandy Mark IX (Updated) 2012-022

Normandy Mark IX (Updated) 2012-023

Normandy Mark IX (Updated) 2012-025

Normandy Mark IX (Updated) 2012-026

Normandy Mark IX (Updated) 2012-020

Normandy Mark IX (Updated) 2012-027

Normandy Mark IX (Updated) 2012-021

Normandy Mark IX (Updated) 2012-022

Last edited by xanex21 on Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
elmeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:02 am

i like it! but what mods do you have besides those? i just installed redpower2 and industrialcraft2 and not all the blocks there.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:04 am

A texture pack. He said he used Gimp to edit, right?
And I think that this won't be compatible. You will have to ask the Allmighty Devs.
Back to top Go down
elmeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:11 am

no, i mean the sideways panels and stuff (i thought those were from better than wolves) even if they are texture packed
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Repsonse   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 4:55 am

To answers some question. Ive only used RP2 pre-release 4c and Industrial Craft 2. And in addition i edit the images of some of the industrial craft2 blocks and regular minecraft blocks. For example the Engines on my ship are actuallly gray wool. I just went into the minecraft jar and used gimp software to change the texture. So i create my on texture pack in a sense. As for the blocks i used, they do exist it depends on what version of redpower 2 that you have. Like i said i'm using Red Power 2 pre-release 4c. Actually, when these guys come out with future craft, i will still be able to change texture but i wont be able to create the blocks. Im going to try to ask for red power logic to be place into there game so we players can make more defined ships, instead of creating 1000 block ships to give it definition.
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:22 am

Here is screenshots of RP2. I ask you guys who like this ablility to bug the dev's to put RP2 or at least the based code in.

Normandy Mark IX (Updated) 2012-020

Normandy Mark IX (Updated) 2012-018

Normandy Mark IX (Updated) 2012-019

Normandy Mark IX (Updated) 2012-015

So it goes full block, half a block, 1/4 block, 1/8 block. There are more blocks you can make, im just showing the basics
Back to top Go down
elmeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:46 pm

thanks! i was using tmi before so i couldn't get them, my friend explained them to me now!
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:28 pm

What mod did the iron chest come from?
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:02 pm

Its still a wood chest, i went into the minecraft jar and changed the texture of the chest, because i did not like the way it looked. Anybody can make there own texture, you just need gimp or simple paint program, zip program and patience. Of course if you play online to everyonelse it will look the same as a wooden chest.
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:19 am

New pics are up
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 1:24 am

Now that I look at it again, that actually looks really cool. I hope we have those. Exept then . schematic is broken.
Back to top Go down
Laibach
General
General
Laibach

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:50 am

DAMN YOU ANVIL

yeah it does look pretty good
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:55 pm

Pretty good ship, but I'd like to see the inside of one!
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 2:08 am

Yeah. He didn't show the interior..
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:42 am

The insides are top-secret. Ill say its pretty roomie.
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:09 pm

new pics up
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:19 pm

..this looks nothing like the Normandy silent
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:22 pm

Doesnt matter, i can call my ships whatever i like, its called Normandy Mark 4, it does not have look like the Normandy in ME3 or ME2, this my version of the normandy.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:37 pm

You know, to copy a name means it has to at least look similar. Not to mention, the SR2 is 1.5x bigger than the SR1, which means an SR4 would be at least almost five times the size of the SR1, which your ship is not even as large as. :/
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:39 pm

xanex21 wrote:
Doesnt matter, i can call my ships whatever i like, its called Normandy Mark 4, it does not have look like the Normandy in ME3 or ME2, this my version of the normandy.
Well... OK... But if I say I've built the Millennium Falcon, and in fact I've built Serenity, I wouldn't be surprised when people laugh at me. Likewise, if you say this is the Normandy, and it looks like Heart of Gold (which it doesn't, just an example), you shouldn't be surprised either.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Legion wrote:
Not to mention, the SR2 is 1.5x bigger than the SR1, which means an SR4 would be at least almost five times the size of the SR1, which your ship is not even as large as. :/
No it doesn't. There's not reason at all to assume the pattern would continue. It's foolish to project that far from only two data points.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:43 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Legion wrote:
Not to mention, the SR2 is 1.5x bigger than the SR1, which means an SR4 would be at least almost five times the size of the SR1, which your ship is not even as large as. :/
No it doesn't. There's not reason at all to assume the pattern would continue. It's foolish to project that far from only two data points.

Regardless, why would you make the fourth iteration smaller than the first? Especially given the SR2 is bigger than the SR1 to accommodate new tech and cruiser weapons, I don't believe the trend would suddenly come to a halt if the Normandy's class continues after ME3.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:49 pm

Legion wrote:
Legion wrote:

Regardless, why would you make the fourth iteration smaller than the first? Especially given the SR2 is bigger than the SR1 to accommodate new tech and cruiser weapons, I don't believe the trend would suddenly come to a halt if the Normandy's class continues after ME3.
It could be because the advances in technology allow the systems to be smaller but retain the same functionality, which results in increased efficiency due to lesser mass, as well as providing a smaller target.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 5:57 pm

Legion wrote:
Legion wrote:

It could be because the advances in technology allow the systems to be smaller but retain the same functionality, which results in increased efficiency due to lesser mass, as well as providing a smaller target.

Ah, I knew you'd say that, but unfortunately I haven't brainstormed a counterargument that wouldn't be obliterated by the fact that Cerberus took liberties with Normandy's design. That being said, this is smaller than the SR1, which was extremely small. I don't think this could mount any sort of stealth system as per the Normandy class's specialty without coming up with some fanon. But this looks nothing like the Normandy, and to be perfectly honest it looks pretty terrible.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:27 pm

I personally don't see the problem with the ships.

Just rename them and be done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Normandy Mark IX (Updated)   Normandy Mark IX (Updated) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Normandy Mark IX (Updated)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next