Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Multiple races/species

Go down 
+8
Keon
MercurySteam
Joel
fr0stbyte124
Tiel+
Saravanth
Iv121
Groot
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Saravanth
Recruit
Recruit
Saravanth

Multiple races/species - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiple races/species   Multiple races/species - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Prototype wrote:
not to mention that giant insects are biologically impossible due to their circulatory system, but I doubt anyone will notice.
ಠ_ಠ
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Multiple races/species   Multiple races/species - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Prototype wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Prototype wrote:
I would have actually used that commission Tiel had done as a basis for the avians.

I tried putting wings on a skytherian, but that's basically a bipedal dragon minus the fire breath. Might have a go at some insectoid looking thing.
Will your insectoid be bipedal or quadrupedal?
Because I think there's lots of reference pics for that.
Also for hexapods.
But I don't know how tricky it is to turn a reference pic into a convincing Minecraft model when the object is of biological nature.
Could be difficult, I've been drawing up how to make a Skytherian head, and while it's possible, it could take a while.

And any insect would be bipedal, but I'm not too sure how to go about an insect, not to mention that giant insects are biologically impossible due to their circulatory system, but I doubt anyone will notice.
Actually, the maximum size for insects depends on the ammount of oxygen in the atmosphere.
If we make the ammount of oxygen in Minecraftian environments just a bit more than 10% higher than on earth (because, let's face it, we already have giant spiders and if we go scientific, that needs an explanation, too), we have the oxygen present in the environment during the Carboniferous Period, which is when those giant insects lived.
However, that also means that any earthling travelling to Minecraftia unprepared will die from hyperventilation. (not what you expected when visiting that distant planet, huh?)
source:
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Multiple races/species   Multiple races/species - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 3:52 pm

I don't think people will care about biological accuracy, but so far I've proven to be utter shite at designing insects. Like worse than normal.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Multiple races/species   Multiple races/species - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 4:25 pm

Prototype wrote:
I don't think people will care about biological accuracy, but so far I've proven to be utter shite at designing insects. Like worse than normal.
Let me guess:
It is very difficult to put the features that distinct an insectoid from a humanoid into Minecraft-like shapes?
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Multiple races/species   Multiple races/species - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:35 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Prototype wrote:
I would have actually used that commission Tiel had done as a basis for the avians.

I tried putting wings on a skytherian, but that's basically a bipedal dragon minus the fire breath. Might have a go at some insectoid looking thing.
Will your insectoid be bipedal or quadrupedal?
Because I think there's lots of reference pics for that.
Also for hexapods.
But I don't know how tricky it is to turn a reference pic into a convincing Minecraft model when the object is of biological nature.
Could be difficult, I've been drawing up how to make a Skytherian head, and while it's possible, it could take a while.

And any insect would be bipedal, but I'm not too sure how to go about an insect, not to mention that giant insects are biologically impossible due to their circulatory system, but I doubt anyone will notice.
Actually, the maximum size for insects depends on the ammount of oxygen in the atmosphere.
If we make the ammount of oxygen in Minecraftian environments just a bit more than 10% higher than on earth (because, let's face it, we already have giant spiders and if we go scientific, that needs an explanation, too), we have the oxygen present in the environment during the Carboniferous Period, which is when those giant insects lived.
However, that also means that any earthling travelling to Minecraftia unprepared will die from hyperventilation. (not what you expected when visiting that distant planet, huh?)
source:
^ this.
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Multiple races/species   Multiple races/species - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Let me guess:
It is very difficult to put the features that distinct an insectoid from a humanoid into Minecraft-like shapes?
It goes easier if I can draw up what I would want it to look like if I didn't have any limitations, I can then downgrade it from there, like this:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: Multiple races/species   Multiple races/species - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 9:59 am

Can you use waveform files for models, fr0sty? I'm kind of generally working up a few assorted MC-styled creature models you could use, but Blender doesn't export as MC-specific model types.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Multiple races/species   Multiple races/species - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:53 am

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
Can you use waveform files for models, fr0sty? I'm kind of generally working up a few assorted MC-styled creature models you could use, but Blender doesn't export as MC-specific model types.
Potentially, it's a little more difficult to do, but people have done it, but it would be easier to add shape boxes than to add .obj support.

But if we ever do use .obj, then more people could contribute models, it's much simpler and easier to make the models themselves, but I understand its a bit more involved making them work in MC.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Multiple races/species   Multiple races/species - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Fleet Admiral Error wrote:
.obj files are all plaintext and super easy to turn into meshes.  I don't think animation is part of the specification, though.

Someone already has a model loader for MC, but I forgot what it was.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Multiple races/species   Multiple races/species - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:54 pm

TurboModelThingey
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Multiple races/species   Multiple races/species - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 9:56 pm

Wow, people are actually supporting one of my ideas for once. Methinks the best way to carry out the clothing/skins is to have a selection of characteristics that you choose when you begin, as someone said earlier.

Can we have giant beetles? I want giant beetles. And sand worms, we need to have at least some references to Dune. Maybe something like those quadruped things that run around the Citadel in ME, too? They could be pretty neat NPCs.

I feel like the list of mobs to include will be a source of argument.
(I AM THE KWISATZ HADERACH!)
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: Multiple races/species   Multiple races/species - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 8:04 pm

I personally dislike the motion to abolish what little customization we have over our characters, Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Multiple races/species   Multiple races/species - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 4:33 am

TBH most skins are s*** anyway Razz .
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Multiple races/species   Multiple races/species - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 4:39 am

Dux Tell31 wrote:
I personally dislike the motion to abolish what little customization we have over our characters, Thank you very much!
True, but I quite like my Copy X skin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multiple races/species   Multiple races/species - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Multiple races/species
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3