Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

My attempt at collission math

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

My attempt at collission math Empty
PostSubject: My attempt at collission math   My attempt at collission math Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:16 pm

//Note Force = Speed

So lets say Object A with 5 mass is moving in direction 1 at 5 Universal whatever speeds, Object A then collides with Object B with 10 mass moving in direction 2 at 10 UWS.

My theory is:
1. Divide the mass of object B by object A so 10/5 = 2
2. Divide the speed of object a by this result so 5/2 = 2.5 (Note, on 1 & 2 if the object hitting another is larger then it would multiply during step 2 instead of dividing)
3. Add this speed to the speed of Object B so 10 + 2.5 = 12.5 UWS
4. Now determining the direction of Object B in order to keep this simple it will combine the two directions, So if A is traveling right and B is traveling up (on a 2D plane here) then when they collide B will begin traveling towards the Top-Right
5. Object B's orientation will be determined by where Object A hit and by the mass of Object A compared to Object B in this case it would be rather extreme due to Object A being half the mass of Object B.
6. Object A would fall under Newton's law of Every action has an equal and opposite reaction so Object A would bounce off of Object B, Now if Object A is smaller then Object B then Object A will gain a negative speed causing Object A to fly backwards however if Object A is larger then Object B then Object A will receive a reduction in speed. (The direction Object A will travel will depend on the angle of what it hit, So if it hit a 90 degree angle then it will bounce off as so)

In the case of damage being caused by Ramming this will involve factoring in how much area of Ob.A is contacting area of Ob.B so if you hit Ob.B with a point it will focus the force and have a higher chance of breaking through whereas if I hit Ob.B with a large flat surface then the force will be spread out and have a lesser chance of breaking through.
Each material will have a "Force threshold" and if that threshold is broken then that object will break and then that threshold subtracted from Ob.A's force and moved on to the next items that Ob.A collides with. However if the force threshold of Ob.A is less then the force threshold of Ob.B then Ob.A will break and lose force then continue on and repeat the above equation.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at collission math   My attempt at collission math Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:46 pm

The formula you're looking for is (M1V1+M2V2)/M1+M2 ... I think.

E: NVM, I didn't read the thing.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at collission math   My attempt at collission math Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:49 pm

I didn't either but I'm going to post anyway! Cool 
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at collission math   My attempt at collission math Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:50 pm

I still havent read the thing, so all you have to do is find the vector of the momentum right?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at collission math   My attempt at collission math Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:55 pm

No, you gotta put the red thing in the blue thing.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at collission math   My attempt at collission math Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:58 pm

Jesus Atheist Christ its like trying to explain algebra to 1st graders...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at collission math   My attempt at collission math Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:01 pm

At least we don't type like one Smile 

(sorry, sorry. I shall suffer no trespass)
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at collission math   My attempt at collission math Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:01 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
No, you gotta put the red thing in the blue thing.
But the problem is: The right blue thing or the left blue thing?
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at collission math   My attempt at collission math Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:05 pm

It's alright, but I fail to see any accounting for density or shape. Specific shapes are more resilient to impacts, and the density decides the mass and weight.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at collission math   My attempt at collission math Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:37 pm

I'm sorry, but you write like the guy who came up with HYBRID.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at collission math   My attempt at collission math Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:46 pm

DaveMustaine wrote:
I'm sorry, but you write like the guy who came up with HYBRID.
Hybrid? What? Who?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at collission math   My attempt at collission math Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:47 pm

Google is your friend. She's my friend too. With benefits.

Which means google is a dirty harlot.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at collission math   My attempt at collission math Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:52 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
Which means google is a dirty harlot.
Yes, she is. I did some... politically incorrect stuff with her and she went and told everyone over at the NSA and Interpol. Frickin' slut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My attempt at collission math   My attempt at collission math Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My attempt at collission math
Page 1 of 1