Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

I am smart, S-M-R-T. Also that feel when no gf. Also blag

Go down 
+6
fr0stbyte124
Saravanth
Ivan2006
Iv121
Groot
Hierarch CMA
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

I am smart, S-M-R-T. Also that feel when no gf. Also blag - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am smart, S-M-R-T. Also that feel when no gf. Also blag   I am smart, S-M-R-T. Also that feel when no gf. Also blag - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:50 pm

Tau wrote:
DaveMustaine wrote:
I'm doing these books, which are some of the strangest and most enjoyable series of math books I've ever encountered.
I used those for everything up to Algebra 2. Man, those were the bomb. But then we got broke, and I had to start using some shitty online math curriculum.
Yeah, I love the economics/pre algebra book. It basically sank any chance he had for making it mainstream, though.

And Tiel... I don't even know what to say, you're starting to sound sort of childish.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: I am smart, S-M-R-T. Also that feel when no gf. Also blag   I am smart, S-M-R-T. Also that feel when no gf. Also blag - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:36 pm

Prototype wrote:
Tiel+ wrote:
Basic math. You won't be applying the expected value formula to RNA sequences any time soon.
Biology isn't a real science, anyone knows that.

But Physics, and Chemistry do have a lot to do with maths, but Maths isn't vital for everything, but it is incredibly vital for any form of engineering, which means for a lot of things, maths is important.

Even if you don't do the maths yourself, you still rely on things built with the aid of maths.
Balancing formulas is simple addition, multiplication, etc...grade school stuff, really. Haven't taken Physics, but I'd imagine it's more of the same. I won't begrudge that levels of math beyond Algebra 2 are absolutely crucial to things like programming or engineering, but for anyone not looking to go into those select fields it's a credit, nothing more. Why should the government require schools to teach, say, Calculus, when a majority of students are likely going to forget everything about it within a handful of years of finishing their education anyway for lack of application?

It's a completely arbitrary requirement compared to subjects like English or History. The goal is, of course, to create well-rounded graduates, but it seems to me that's just not happening when certain topics are only given the equivalent of a stealthy fart in most state curriculum. Essays beat the s**t out of memorizing something for a few weeks and then never touching on it again.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: I am smart, S-M-R-T. Also that feel when no gf. Also blag   I am smart, S-M-R-T. Also that feel when no gf. Also blag - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 2:57 pm

Yeah, it is useless for most people.

We are able to drop it once we get to our A-levels, but it's compulsory at GSCE (also its EAF)
Back to top Go down
Hierarch CMA
Infantry
Infantry
Hierarch CMA

PostSubject: Re: I am smart, S-M-R-T. Also that feel when no gf. Also blag   I am smart, S-M-R-T. Also that feel when no gf. Also blag - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Tiel+ wrote:
Basic math. You won't be applying the expected value formula to RNA sequences any time soon.
Biology isn't a real science, anyone knows that.

But Physics, and Chemistry do have a lot to do with maths, but Maths isn't vital for everything, but it is incredibly vital for any form of engineering, which means for a lot of things, maths is important.

Even if you don't do the maths yourself, you still rely on things built with the aid of maths.
Balancing formulas is simple addition, multiplication, etc...grade school stuff, really. Haven't taken Physics, but I'd imagine it's more of the same. I won't begrudge that levels of math beyond Algebra 2 are absolutely crucial to things like programming or engineering, but for anyone not looking to go into those select fields it's a credit, nothing more. Why should the government require schools to teach, say, Calculus, when a majority of students are likely going to forget everything about it within a handful of years of finishing their education anyway for lack of application?

It's a completely arbitrary requirement compared to subjects like English or History. The goal is, of course, to create well-rounded graduates, but it seems to me that's just not happening when certain topics are only given the equivalent of a stealthy fart in most state curriculum. Essays beat the s**t out of memorizing something for a few weeks and then never touching on it again.
Ehh, I see what you mean, and I sort of agree. But it's also unfair to make kids choose their future before they're 18, so I think the current system is fine. Actually, I support unschooling more than anything else, so I guess I technically don't have an opinion on what public schools do.

Also, thanks for the advice Fr0st.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am smart, S-M-R-T. Also that feel when no gf. Also blag   I am smart, S-M-R-T. Also that feel when no gf. Also blag - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am smart, S-M-R-T. Also that feel when no gf. Also blag
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: