Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Shut down

Go down 
+12
NeueSlowenischeKunst
Ivan2006
MrTargareyan
ACH0225
Iv121
Caramell
Tau
Luna
Tiel+
Delta
Legion
Groot
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:17 pm

So, the U.S. Government is shutting down. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:18 pm

Are they experiencing technical problems?
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:19 pm

Prototype wrote:
The idiots at the senate aren't doing their job.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:22 pm

Luna wrote:
Prototype wrote:
The idiots at the senate aren't doing their job.
Do they ever?
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:23 pm

Prototype wrote:
Do they ever?
no... not often...
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Well, that's politicians for ya, pretty useless.
Back to top Go down
Legion

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:48 pm

I say we just get rid of the government. Somehow. In any case, living in anarchy would still be better than having my daily lifestyle dictated by the morons in the government. This is NOT sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 6:57 pm

As long as I have unrestricted internet I don't care.
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 7:17 pm

Oh ffs.

The problem is the two branches of government haven't reached a consensus as to a final budget. Some want funds allocated to certain programs, others would rather we didn't reach the debt ceiling, etc. They're doing their job arguing just how much money is going to go into civil services the coming fiscal year, be grateful they don't just roll over and accept anything handed to them.

And nothing is getting 'shut down'..."non-essential" federal workers are being put on leave until Congress decides on a plan. Civilian contractors on military bases, for example. This doesn't affect anyone on this forum as far as I know, so stop preaching your ignorant 'GET RID OF TEH DUM GEVERNMENT' nonsense.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 7:26 pm

Tiel+ wrote:
Oh ffs.

The problem is the two branches of government haven't reached a consensus as to a final budget. Some want funds allocated to certain programs, others would rather we didn't reach the debt ceiling, etc. They're doing their job arguing just how much money is going to go into civil services the coming fiscal year, be grateful they don't just roll over and accept anything handed to them.

And nothing is getting 'shut down'..."non-essential" federal workers are being put on leave until Congress decides on a plan. Civilian contractors on military bases, for example. This doesn't affect anyone on this forum as far as I know, so stop preaching your ignorant 'GET RID OF TEH DUM GEVERNMENT' nonsense.

Thank you.
Did... he just contribute to the conversation?
Back to top Go down
NeueSlowenischeKunst

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 8:21 pm

I support genocide of federal employees, but shutting down will do nothing, other than pissing people off by closing the Parks and crap.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 10:53 pm

Okay. Once the government collapses, fiat currencies won't be worth jack shet. Everyone start investing their life savings in Bitcoin mining equipment. It's the only way.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 10:56 pm

Bitcoin is a bubble about to burst any of these days now. It's just not sustainable.

And the day the government collapses is the day your way of life ends (keke, who's going to defend that mining equipment?), so I wouldn't be wishing that which you do.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 10:58 pm

I never said you had to mine Bitcoin with it. You could mine Peercoin and sit on that until the per-coin price explodes like it did with Bitcoin.

EDIT:

With the way Peercoin is growing, it's shaping up to be the next Bitcoin. It's fairly probable it'll rise in price (eventually) by at least several dollars. That combined with the (comparatively) low mining difficulty means mining a few hundred coins now and sitting on them until the price rises could make you at least a couple of hundred dollars.

Last edited by Tau on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 11:00 pm

Because we all know there's some tangible guarantee out there another program attempting to capitalize on bitcoin's success will enjoy a similar, albeit temporary, explosion in worth.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 11:01 pm

Please see the edit in my last post.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:30 am

Luna wrote:
Tiel+ wrote:
-lotsa good text-
Did... he just contribute to the conversation?
I'm as surprised as you.
I'm even more surprised that I agree with him.

Also, I'd like to add that the Norwegian government is about to get shitty as well.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 4:02 am

Just unplug it or buy new politics ... Like that ever helps.

No rly try the parliamentary political system - Our prime minister sees he can't pass the budget, he disassembles the Knesset or the parliament, for you it is the Senate, calls new elections, shuffles all the cards and draws a new hand to go with it to the parliament and now he has a coalition that will allow him to pass the budget ! It works the same in European countries such as Britain or Germany, too, that is instead of having two houses with two conflicting groups in it.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 7:33 am

Hey guys the US government shutdown. Want to invade?
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 8:21 am

ACH0225 wrote:
Hey guys the US government shutdown. Want to invade?
Lets send a tactical nuke at macdonalds xD
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 8:42 am

Problem is military not included ...

... But most of the public service is , so I will send my special agents to start a public protest called "Thx Obama !" and take control of McDonalds from inside !
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:00 am

Iv121 wrote:
Problem is military not included ...

... But most of the public service is , so I will send my special agents to start a public protest called "Thx Obama !" and take control of McDonalds from inside !
Dat damn UTA with their damn propaganda!
Back to top Go down
NeueSlowenischeKunst

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 11:36 am

Tiel+ wrote:
Bitcoin is a bubble about to burst any of these days now. It's just not sustainable.

And the day the government collapses is the day your way of life ends (keke, who's going to defend that mining equipment?), so I wouldn't be wishing that which you do.
Bitcoin already burst, life savings were lost, an heros were made, but it's still in use.

@ACH I'm just sitting here at home, with a machete. I don't really have the hardware to invade anything.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 12:18 pm

NeueSlowenischeKunst wrote:
Bitcoin already burst
Lolnoap. Bitcoin is just getting READY to burst. It's still in the process of averaging out after the price exploded back in June, right now it's at approx. $135 if memory serves. It shouldn't burst for a decent amount of time.

There's that, and there's also the other cryptocurrencies like Litecoin and (my personal favorite) Peercoin. Peercoin is setting up to rise in price by a pretty sizable margin, which is why I'm planning to buy a $20 ASIC to mine some Peercoins and just sit on 'em until they're worth something.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 12:23 pm

You'd be better off mining gold
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shut down      Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shut down    Shut down      Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shut down
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: