Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue

Go down 
+7
TinkerPox
tonyri
ectrimble20
The Schmetterling
fr0stbyte124
ACH0225
Cool3303
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:42 pm

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
I will put in an RPG just for you. But there will be a bug which prevents it from ever shooting in the direction you want. We will never get around to fixing this bug.

Yay!
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:42 pm

... Sometimes our lack of focus astounds even me.
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:49 pm

Hey! I can multitask at least as good as Minecraft can.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:56 pm

You mean not at all?

P.S. Fr0stbyte, you seem to always be on the forums. I SAY ROBOT! (Shocking Revelation!)
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:04 am

daman200 wrote:
You mean not at all?

P.S. Fr0stbyte, you seem to always be on the forums. I SAY ROBOT! (Shocking Revelation!)

I have noticed that. He seems to have made a post during every hour of the day at some stage or another.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:22 am

It is a mystery...
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:50 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
It is a mystery...

Care to turn it into history?
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:54 am

There are some things better left unknown...
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:26 am

Strange cause I noticed you are not always online lol!
And It wouldn´t restrict your freedom I did only three Races (The Crystal Aliens are special so I don´t count them)
because every Game got this Races like Warhammer 40K,Starcraft,SupremeCommander and so on
The Idea about this is if so many people like this why shouldn´t they like it in minecraft?

PS. I am from Germany please forgive me my misstakes
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:40 pm

Like I said before, it's not about restricting creative freedom. It's about making another race fit thematically with everything else we are doing. If it's just tacked-on, it will cheapen the mod. So if we do it, it will be a really big deal and fundamentally impact the game. At the moment we have enough to deal with, so we probably won't have aliens or other factions for now.

But who can say what we might want to do in the future?
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:14 pm

Forge fast expand stalker colossus push. Zerg go bye-bye.

That aside, no.

That also aside, on the topic of removing old mobs:
NO. Please don't. If you must, when you first get a fighter, they stop spawning, because you "Advanced to the Space Stage". Personally, I would like to see them evolve. ie: Creepers turn into a more powerful mob, such as the cyborg creeper.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:23 am

Cool3303 wrote:

because every Game got this Races like Warhammer 40K,Starcraft,SupremeCommander and so on
The Idea about this is if so many people like this why shouldn´t they like it in minecraft?

PS. I am from Germany please forgive me my misstakes

Ok, so if people want a mod with starcraft, they can download one, this isn't going to be a mod that is devoted to any scifi franchise, so if I want phasers, I can't just say, "I want haz phaser, ad phazer", so if people like this, good for them, they can go download a mod they like, but if they want sokething with weak to mild influences from a bunch of franchises, then they can download this mod. If people like warhammer, they can play a warhammer mod, because while futurecraft will have warhammer influences, it isn't warhammercraft. Also, you can use a spell checker for your grammar and stuff, but the point is, chooseable races are a VERY bad idea in my book, and I mean mod breaking bad.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 12:29 am

I didn't notice that there was a Starcraftcraft II mod. I'll google it later.
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 9:36 am

@Ach0025

I said this isn´t going to be a specialization on any Game it would just add new playabel Races
which can do the things which are programmed for the Steve´s (I amTalking about the Normal Race)
with different costs stats and textures (maybe even particles) and a handicap
So it wouldn´t be warhammercraft or Starcraftcraft (LOL funny name)It would be futurecraft with playable Aliens which look similiar to the ones from Starcraft
if Futurecraft gets the functions of Starcraft I won´t be responsible for it.

And I am Open for any New Ideas Only the Crystal Aliens should keep the Same (cause they are really my Idea)

PS.How can I restart this Topic?(I mean how can I delete the Old one)
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:08 am

There's an ablility in IC2 , where the mining laser shoots out a bunch lasers at once like a shotgun almost. Maybe you can take that code and tweak it such that the slime balls dont go straight, but randomly in a forward direction.

On another note, why not create NPC or Just Mobs as the aliens, hostile, peaceful and when provoke hostile aliens.

I can imagine a hostile alien you come close to in your ship and the aliens are in there saucer looking ship, get close enough they attack by flying in 5 blocks range from your ship and start firing lasers at you. It would be cool if once you disable there ship you could board there ship kill the aliens and loot all there material for your ship. I like that cyrstal alien idea. You could kill and alien and they give powercrystals of some kind. However this is just another idea, up to the devs to implement.
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 12:33 pm

This Discussion is about playable races and not any mobs please post your ideas anywhere other
Back to top Go down
xanex21

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:00 pm

My idea is perfectly valid. If you to play a different race then put on a different skin to your character.
Back to top Go down
Cool3303
Recruit
Recruit
Cool3303

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 1:44 pm

It would change the values and textures of the weapons additionally there are other hunger and energy systems and you can mutate or Upgrade your char so it isn't just an other skin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue   You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You are not alone (there are Aliens). Please continue
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2