Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.

Go down 
+8
Oblivion
Julo
TinkerPox
Iv121
MercurySteam
Ljubljana
Delta
Luna
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Empty
PostSubject: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Since I accidentally deleted the folder with my nether empire project entry in, I decided to try to make an adventure map; currently I have built the map in world painter (Though some trees in the map are completely screwed up and need fixing, but that is fairly easy with Wedit)

I have yet to write full lore for this, but the general idea is that you can play as one of 2 races, either the Elves of the forest or the Red ones (Please suggest a better name for that one Smile These races have been at war since the dawn of time, but in recent years [The race your playing] have become reclusive and taken to hiding behind their walls and the [race your not playing] have seen an opportunity to strike the final blow to your race; you play a scout for your race and start off oblivious to the crisis; a long dungeon crawling/exploring questline ensues while you gradually get to like the characters around you. When you learn of the crisis you rush back to your own city to discover it under siege; which you help to break but when you get back to your family you discover them dead, corpses left to rot on the floor. That ending basically sets the scene for a revenge drivel sequel if I ever decide to make one.
That is not the final lore, as currently it sounds like a Disney show; I will try to write up a better version when im not so tired.

Pics of what I have done/is WIP so far:
The gate to the elven kingdom:
Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. 2rm9o9u

The Hamachi group for the server is Dawnguard_build and the password is fr0st Smile
The ip is 25.110.52.76

I will host it most nights 6:00 GMT for about an hour/hour and and a half. I will post a message on this topic whenever I decide to host it at random moments because I have some free time Smile
Back to top Go down
Luna
Recruit
Recruit
Luna

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 3:18 pm

I'm on a mac and cant get hammachi so I wont be joining. heh, maybe with a few mods we could have an actual Lathemele RP.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 3:22 pm

Forgot to mention, to get to the current bit that I am working on, do /warp elfgate Smile And the texture pack for the map is conquest Smile

@Luna I would try to port forward, but no one in my family actually knows the admin login thing for my internet D:
Back to top Go down
Delta
Sergeant
Sergeant
Delta

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 3:27 pm

MrTargareyan wrote:
I would try to port forward, but no one in my family actually knows the admin login thing for my internet D:
If that's the case, wouldn't it be the default? You should be able to find those around the internet.

Also the gate looks great. I might download Himachi(Or however it's spelled) later and check it out.
Back to top Go down
http://arsln100.forumotion.com
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 3:37 pm

MrTargareyan wrote:
no one in my family actually knows the admin login thing for my internet D:
It's probably admin/root for the username and then password or 123456 for the password.

t. Router pro
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 3:39 pm

I will try again with port forwarding tomorrow when I get back from school Smile The server is currently up btw, but idk how long its going to stay up as I am getting quite tired
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 6:29 pm

MrTargareyan wrote:
I will try again with port forwarding tomorrow when I get back from school :)The server is currently up btw, but idk how long its going to stay up as I am getting quite tired
Yay, I don't like Hamachi (it messed with my routing last time I used it) and if this is inspired by Lathemele I'd love to be a part of it. Been a while since I've played MC though...
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 2:40 am

I wonder where that castle you originally planned to build is (for dawnguard Razz ), anyway I will join when I get time.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 2:52 am

Iv121 wrote:
I wonder where that castle you originally planned to build is (for dawnguard Razz), anyway I will join when I get time.
I sort of gave up on the old Dawnguard build due to the mountains being full of holes :/ I think I still have the map file somewhere though
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 4:01 am

Also which game version ? I'm still on the good old 1.5.2 because installing mods on 1.6.2 is a pain in the butt ...
Back to top Go down
TinkerPox
TinkerPox

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 6:42 am

You could get that old map in your recycle bin, you know right?
Back to top Go down
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
Julo

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 7:55 am

Luna wrote:
I'm on a mac and cant get hammachi so I wont be joining. heh, maybe with a few mods we could have an actual Lathemele RP.
Hamachi works fine on my Mac, just google LogmeIn Hamachi Mac.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 11:02 am

tacokingbob wrote:
You could get that old map in your recycle bin, you know right?
My nether empire map wasn't deleted as such :/ I accidentally merged it with another folder called "world" and overwrote all of its files

@Iv its 1.6.2, but you can have both launchers on your computer at the same time/have multiple profiles on the new one Smile
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 11:32 am

I'm joining,i guess...lathemele ftw.

Edit: I'm on,and btw,need to say a thing i cant hide anymore...You now that "Xenon Empire" application that was necroed? Well,it was created by Appelsylt,and that's me...sorry for the "Shut up" e.t.c.

You would have noticed it because Appelsylt is my IGN,and a parody of "äppelmos" which is applesauce in swedish.

Edit 2:Hamachi says its 5/5 on the network,but no-one is on the server,that's messy or what,Just got hamachi,so i dont really know.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 11:51 am

Oblivion wrote:
I'm joining,i guess...lathemele ftw.

Edit: I'm on,and btw,need to say a thing i cant hide anymore...You now that "Xenon Empire" application that was necroed? Well,it was created by Appelsylt,and that's me...sorry for the "Shut up" e.t.c.

You would have noticed it because Appelsylt is my IGN,and a parody of "äppelmos" which is applesauce in swedish.

Edit 2:Hamachi says its 5/5 on the network,but no-one is on the server,that's messy or what,Just got hamachi,so i dont really know.
I didn't realise I had the server running :3 I am on now anyways Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 2:19 pm

what plugins are you using?
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 2:57 pm

Comrade Tiel wrote:
what plugins are you using?
worldedit, essentials voxelsniper and some random stuff I think Smile
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 3:44 pm

In the meantime I was trying to do serious business and learn your texture pack, then I began to toy around with it, then I ended up with blood splatters spelling "Help" and a well with blood and dumped human guts ... GJ me Smile.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 3:58 pm

Iv121 wrote:
In the meantime I was trying to do serious business and learn your texture pack, then I began to toy around with it, then I ended up with blood splatters spelling "Help" and a well with blood and dumped human guts ... GJ me Smile.
You can get human guts? Surprised That will be good for the family slaughter bit at the end of the map Smile
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Well the netherack looks like guts or something fleshy, if we recolor the red carpet into a darker red it can be used to make pools of blood, and redstone could be used as standalone blood, you can make both blood drips and blood marks on the ground as if someone bleeding was carried over the ground, also for some reason if you snake some of these fur carpets together the might resemble a fallen off snake skin though because we cant have snakes in MC that's probably useless.

As for less gory things the tops of the mossy cobblestoe and stone bricks are perfect for making roads, also lapis blocks linked together resemble runes of some sort, finally if you combine wood and netherbrick fences (that actually both look wooden form that perspective) you can create wood barricades that are actually useful against cavalry, horses cant pass them.

And OFC there is the classy invisileaves to make invisiwalls that we will probably need, always useful.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:36 am

Turns out I had a save file for the old map, it was just saved in documents or something weird, I will me able to mcedit in what we did over the last 2 days in map without all the bugged out trees (I have replaced them with firs) Smile
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 10:59 am

Damn timezones! Server's open 06:00 GMT(pm,i assume),and its about 3 pm when i'm posting this,but for me it's 17:00/5 pm,that means when the server's open,it's 8 pm for me,and round that time i eat supper.(maybe i do that at 20:30,dunno)So i can play max half an hour each day,if it's not open at random.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:15 pm

Oblivion wrote:
Damn timezones! Server's open 06:00 GMT(pm,i assume),and its about 3 pm when i'm posting this,but for me it's 17:00/5 pm,that means when the server's open,it's 8 pm for me,and round that time i eat supper.(maybe i do that at 20:30,dunno)So i can play max half an hour each day,if it's not open at random.
I open it at random quite a lot Smile
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:37 pm

Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Eknawx

Some progress me and Iv made on the Elven city (The gate in the OP is a different bit of the elven area)
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:41 pm

That's pretty good, what texture pack are you using?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.   Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Medival fantasy adventure map; Vaguely inspired by lathemele.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next