Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

super weapon...............maybe

Go down 
+15
Tau
Tiel+
Avenger_7
ectrimble20
Keon
tonyri
GroundBurg_Coder13
Cool3303
GLaDOS
Danice123
The Schmetterling
fr0stbyte124
Shiva
ACH0225
Burnttoaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:29 am

because antimatter in space would crash into planets and suns, and even the microscopic particales that are EVERYWHERE in space, and produce a supernova sized explosion.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:33 am

oh...
That counts as a reaso for me. Mad
So... How about the antimatter weapon would produce its antimatter on impact, making transport unnecessary?
Back to top Go down
superninjakiwi
Infantry
Infantry
superninjakiwi

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:05 pm

good idea. but how the heck are we gonna fit a 3 mile long missile into every damn ship in the fleet?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:21 pm

superninjakiwi wrote:
good idea. but how the heck are we gonna fit a 3 mile long missile into every damn ship in the fleet?
You wouldn't. You'd fit them into specially constructed missile cruisers.
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
oh...
That counts as a reaso for me. Mad
So... How about the antimatter weapon would produce its antimatter on impact, making transport unnecessary?

you can transport antimatter using electro magnetic forcefields with no it explosion

superninjakiwi wrote:
because antimatter in space would crash into planets and suns, and even the microscopic particales that are EVERYWHERE in space, and produce a supernova sized explosion.

micro particles wouldn't make that big explosion maybe a drop would make like a 100 megaton explosion
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:05 pm

Can´t we shrink the antimatter-generator a bit like Tony Stark did with the Arc Reactor?
This is a Sci-fi mod, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:18 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Can´t we shrink the antimatter-generator a bit like Tony Stark did with the Arc Reactor?
This is a Sci-fi mod, anyway.
At this point, it's more than a mod. It's a total conversion of the Minecraft system, and it's going to be more or less a separate game. Probably less at this point, but you know what I mean. They have to think very hard about feature balance. A magic tiny generator is not balanced.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:24 pm

OK but I don't know anyone who says Star Trek in not balanced...
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
While I have nothing against Star Trek, they did not do a good job of creating a universe. For example, time travel. It is not balanced. The Federation should have been able to send a few hundred more ships back to Wolf 359. They didn't, for whatever reason, but that's not the point. Star Trek is not balanced. They have teleportation (@#$% you, spellcheck) and magic disintegrater pistols and perfect cloaking devices. It's not balanced at all.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:47 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
While I have nothing against Star Trek, they did not do a good job of creating a universe. For example, time travel. It is not balanced. The Federation should have been able to send a few hundred more ships back to Wolf 359. They didn't, for whatever reason, but that's not the point. Star Trek is not balanced. They have teleportation (@#$% you, spellcheck) and magic disintegrater pistols and perfect cloaking devices. It's not balanced at all.

Didn't you see that guy with the Assault Rifle on the Borg episode?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:11 pm

Sir Tielton wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:

Didn't you see that guy with the Assault Rifle on the Borg episode?
No. I haven't seen all that many Star Trek episodes. That's something I'm working on.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 6:48 pm

Have you seen that one where they are on a spaceship?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:20 pm

Did you see the one where they weren't on Earth?
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 2:35 am

Did you see one where The President said back on Topic N00bs???

However Antimatter cant be used as Superweapon because it cant be generatd on Temperatures above 0°C
I tried to explain this So IFu would have your elektron accelerator andu would fire electrons at mass
It would take 1million electrons which Hit the atom directly (1% IF the material u use would be 1000 atoms thick)
and the generated Antimatter would be:
1Stuck in the material
2Hit an atom (at Temperatures above 0°C)
3Unusual because It would be kinda nothing
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:40 am

Ivan2006 wrote:

And a 160km diameter artificial moon with the capability of destroying a planet is balanced?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:50 am

Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:

And a 160km diameter artificial moon with the capability of destroying a planet is balanced?

That's right! That's as unbalanced as photon torpedos.
And about the Rest of Star Trek weaponary...
It is in this mod. It just is named otherwise.
For example: phasers= plasma beam projectors(as handheld)/weapons(for ships)
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:10 am

Ivan2006 wrote:
Lord Mackeroth wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:

That's right! That's as unbalanced as photon torpedos.
And about the Rest of Star Trek weaponary...
It is in this mod. It just is named otherwise.
For example: phasers= plasma beam projectors(as handheld)/weapons(for ships)
Oh, I never said it was. Star Wars is guilty of this as well, just not to the same extent the Star Trek is. The Sun Crusher is a prime example.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 1:23 am

Shocked Shocked Shocked
YOU IGNORED ME!!!!

Startrek is stupid If you fire 1 or maybe 2 missiles or lasers or whatevr you destroyed the enemy ship

I want Battles wiith 1k of lasers,Rockets,Proton-Torpedos,Ion-Bombs,drones,fighters
flying between the ships and cause huge explosions at the shields and a firework if the shield is down
I want to have to wear Sunglasses if I play this
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 7:42 am

Explosions don't happen in space. If you were to oxidize the missile, it would just make it more expensive, and if you breach the ship, not enough oxygen in between the airlocks you hit to go boom.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 10:42 am

ACH0225 wrote:
Explosions don't happen in space. If you were to oxidize the missile, it would just make it more expensive, and if you breach the ship, not enough oxygen in between the airlocks you hit to go boom.

Proof?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Cool3306 wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked
YOU IGNORED ME!!!!

Startrek is stupid If you fire 1 or maybe 2 missiles or lasers or whatevr you destroyed the enemy ship

I want Battles wiith 1k of lasers,Rockets,Proton-Torpedos,Ion-Bombs,drones,fighters
flying between the ships and cause huge explosions at the shields and a firework if the shield is down
There's a reason for that... (Sorry. To good an opportunity to pass by.)

The shields in Star Trek are better than that, but it's space combat doesn't compare with most other series'.

Everyone wants battles that big. They'd be awesome. The problem is getting it to the point where that doesn't make servers quit in horror and disgust.
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Cool3306 wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked
YOU IGNORED ME!!!!

There's a reason for that... (Sorry. To good an opportunity to pass by.)

The shields in Star Trek are better than that, but it's space combat doesn't compare with most other series'.

Everyone wants battles that big. They'd be awesome. The problem is getting it to the point where that doesn't make servers quit in horror and disgust.

Ever played Supreme Commander ? Well there are battles of this size.The solution is very simple just Slow the gamespeed to make sure that the Server Survives the battle
and to be honest if this is going to be a survival server (main futurecraft) you cant build enough to create this amount of destruction (well you shouldnt)
But I want atleast the possibility that this happens.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 3:10 pm

I agree.
Teleportation got OKed by the great Lord Dr. Mackeroth and that´s as unrealistic as antimatter!
I wanna say: Ready all photon torpedos! Destroy that damn shield! FIRE!!!
Back to top Go down
Cheatmaster
Recruit
Recruit
Cheatmaster

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 6:08 am

Antimatter isnt unrealistic it exists but to create it and control it THATS unrealistic
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 9:49 am

Cool3306 wrote:
Antimatter isnt unrealistic it exists but to create it and control it THATS unrealistic

Use a force field, doesn't touch any matter, and you can move it around, all you have to do to turn it into a weapon is take out the force field.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: super weapon...............maybe   super weapon...............maybe - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

super weapon...............maybe
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3