Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Moons RP, new RP

Go down 
+8
MrTargareyan
Julo
Joel
Hierarch Fenway
Emperor_Revan
Tiel+
Ljubljana
ACH0225
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 7:54 pm

The gas giant, despite its varying names, is your mother. Not literally, but in most languages of the Many Moons, it is called Mother in some way. You are an Empire, located on a moon of the Giant. The Giant is a massive gas planet, just short of a star, that is strangely devoid of radiation. Your moon, and many others, orbit very close to it. During early history, these nearly planet-sized moons were thought to contain the Gods, or great secrets. Upon the invention of the telescope, it was found some of the moons had strange flickering lights like fires. When the radio was invented, it was found that these moons were transmitting radio signals, in far different languages. Very soon, many of the moons began to try and understand each other, eventually making a translation of sorts and enabling communications, while actual transport from one moon to another is far away.

Fast forward a few decades.

Now, there are a few members of each species on another world. With extraplanetary life so close, space programs get large amounts of funding. War is so expensive on one world though, and the idea of war on 2 or more makes treasurers cry. So that's something you should avoid, right?

This is a low-tech space RP in a gas giants orbit. There will be some troll physics, like planetary sized bodies so close, but just assume ancient devices in the planet's core where you can't reach them, and carry on. Also, no OP deities(looking at you, CvN and Ivan). Also note that having a large navy is not something you have. You might have 5 ships if you're pushing tons of money into the space program. Also note that percent of GDP is the percent of the worth of all the goods you produce a year, so it's a lot.

Application is standard stuff

Race Name-
Moon name-
Empire name-
Space program funding as a percentage of GDP of empire-
Approximate population-
Are there other empires on your moon? If so, how many-
Additional info if you want to add it-

Race Name- Strigiforme
Moon name- Cuuyth
Empire name- Cuuytl Vyr
Space program funding as a percentage of GDP of empire- 5%
Approximate population- 7.8 billion
Are there other empires on your moon? If so, how many- No
Additional info if you want to add it- The Strigiforme are owls.
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 8:04 pm

...You're still an owl.

Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 8:10 pm

I won't dignify that with a proper answer.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 8:14 pm

Race Name- Mackerothian
Moon name- Mackeroth Prime
Empire name- Mackerothian League
Space program funding as a percentage of GDP of empire- 60%
Approximate population- 2 billion
Are there other empires on your moon? If so, how many- 6
Additional info if you want to add it- Mackerothians are mostly physically attractive female humanoids with elf-like attributes.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 9:23 pm

Can a mod clear out these troll posts? I'd like a srs RP, and Tiel tries to end srs RPs on occasion.
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 9:30 pm

Race Name- Hoon
Moon name- Hoonia
Empire name- Holy Caliphate of Hoonia
Space program funding as a percentage of GDP of empire- The entire purpose of my race is to conquer space for the Glory of Spurd, so the highest amount possible
Approximate population- 2 Billion
Are there other empires on your moon? If so, how many- No
Additional info if you want to add it- Warlike race that listens to a lot of death metal, think Imperium of Man but not.
National Anthem(To be changed[eventually]):

I'm serious about this, by the way. My race is just sort of comical. Also edited.

Last edited by Ljubljana on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 9:33 pm

Ljubljana wrote:

I'm serious about this, by the way. My race is just sort of comical.
Except sexy and mackerothy instead of comical. Seriously, it's like every time I make an application with something that's not Tien I'm a troll. Maybe I don't want to overuse my race. If you have a problem with the Mackerothians you should say so - as it stands you haven't even accepted or denied the app.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 9:46 pm

First off, those GDP figures are so high, the economy would literally just die. 9% GDP is excessive. 60% is retardedly high.

Secondly, I know that you frequently kill RPs. Don't even try to deny it, you do. I don't want this RP to die. I'd also like Vinyl to stop trying to troll.

Thirdly, these are planet size moons. You can have more than 3 million people on it.

Also, Tiel and Ljubjana are accepted if you drop those GDP figures
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 9:49 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
First off, those GDP figures are so high, the economy would literally just die. 9% GDP is excessive. 60% is retardedly high.

Secondly, I know that you frequently kill RPs. Don't even try to deny it, you do. I don't want this RP to die. I'd also like Vinyl to stop trying to troll.

Thirdly, these are planet size moons. You can have more than 3 million people on it.

I actually don't know what gdp is. It's Gross Domestic per Capita, right? Isn't that tax money?

How would putting 60% of tax money towards your space program cripple the economy? It certainly seemed like that was what happened with the US and USSR back in the 60s, which is what Mackeroth Prime is undergoing right now with all the Mackerothian infighting.

offtopic: I've killed one RP, and that was because of Fenway taking something harder than I thought he would. If you want to credit me with killing the forum with an unexpected switch, and by extension a ton of RP potential, though, I'm cool with that.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:02 pm

No, Gross Domestic Product. Per capita is just an extension on that to encompass an entire population.

Anyway, if that means what I think it means I think having 60% of your economy dominated by military industries after ten years of all-out war isn't all that astronomic. Look at Britain or even America during WW2.
Back to top Go down
Emperor_Revan
Recruit
Recruit
Emperor_Revan

Location : Aboard the Dov-Class Super Star Destroyer Glories Wake

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:21 pm

this looks pretty good, hope it doesn't die

Race Name- Romulan
Moon name- Romulus
Empire name- The Imperial Hegemony of Romulus
Space program funding as a percentage of GDP of empire- 12%
Approximate population- 5.4 Billion
Are there other empires on your moon? If so, how many-No, unless you count the eccentric people who say that there excess of land is a country, which would number around 3 Billion
Additional info if you want to add it- For the most part capitalist, but the government in the end has the final say, and the planet is divided into 15 Regions, which in themselves have a government that manages the populous within that Region. Most government funding goes into the Military and Space Programs.

(Ill make changes per request/order of ACH)
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:31 pm

Deleted Vinyl's post as per request of ACHO225. It was pretty much a copy of Tiel's empire.

Tiel... Your empire is a bit unoriginal, but if you're serious, by all means, go ahead.

And for me, the srsly srs;

Race Name- Librarian

Moon name- Libraria

Empire name- Librarian Collective

Space program funding as a percentage of GDP of empire- 8%

Approximate population- 1 Billion

Are there other empires on your moon? If so, how many- 2 (Valyrian Empire, of which a deadly war is raging- Lexicon Initiative, sentient race uplifted by the Librarians)

Additional info if you want to add it- The Librarians do not have a normal economic system, compared to other empires. Their main currency is knowledge and data. The more knowledge someone possesses, and the more useful that knowledge is, the more valuable it is. Since the space program may prove to uncover lots of knowledge, and since space exploration requires a ton of knowledge, it requires a great deal of knowledge to make it work. Physical goods and services are also traded as often as knowledge is, and in that case, an item or service's value is determined by the bytes of data required to produce it. But Knowledge is the focus of the society, and is therefore the main focus of transactions. The exact gravitational pull of Makeroth Prime, for example, might sell for the equivalent of 4 billion K'lii.

If you need more economy explanation, let me know.

Last edited by Quadraxis on Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 10:44 pm

ACH0225 wrote:

I'm a theocracy bent on system domination, the entire lives of my citizens revolve around it.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 11:25 pm

Quadraxis wrote:
Deleted Vinyl's post as per request of ACHO225. It was pretty much a copy of Tiel's empire.
That was intentional. I intended to be a competing faction against Tiel on that moon. Have you no sense of inference?
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 11:51 pm

No. One player per moon.

Also, GDP is gross domestic product. Why having 60% GDP is insane is that a nations GDP is everything produced in a country in a year, and 60% of that probably exceeds what you take in for taxes. Here's an example.

My nation has a GDP of 100 billion. That means that my factories and artisans make and my workers supply 100 billion currency worth of goods and services. For it to be even 25% of that would mean that for every 1 currency worth of goods provided, you spend 25 pence/cents/europence on space. This is being taken out of the government's income. Which means that you're probably spending more on space exploration than any social policy.

Comparatively, NASA during the Apollo missions spent a little less than 1% the American GDP.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 12:24 am

Race Name- Collidion

Moon name- Uy

Empire name- Amestris State

Space program funding as a percentage of GDP of empire- 1.17%

Approximate population- 7.7 Billion

Are there other empires on your moon? If so, how many- 1, the Dimist Collective

Additional info if you want to add it- Collidions are humanoid mammals who possess photosynthetic properties, a second pair of arms sharing the shoulder area of the other pair, and their skin colors vary across the ultra violet spectrum and with this symmetrical patterns composed to shades of their dominating skin hue make each Collidion unique. Due to their ability to perform photosynthesis, most Collidion constructs include open or transparent areas copiously. ( I had a whole paragraph here, twice, and each time I accidentally pressed on my track pad with a covered sliver of my left thumb ( which happens way too often ) and pressed backspace leading me to have to rewrite the post each time and I'm ******* sick of it and I'm way too tired today to do it a third time. Expect more elaboration on the fine details of this barring declination. )
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 10:40 am

ACH0225 wrote:
you're probably spending more on space exploration than any social policy.
That's intentional.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 11:02 am

ACH0225 wrote:
No. One player per moon.
Why the hell is there even an option to list the number of other empires on your moon then? That's stupid.

And naturally Fenway waltzes away with some contrived excuse for a ridiculous statistic while everyone else has to change theirs. Bleh, I retract my application. I can't see this going anywhere good.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 11:08 am

Fine. 8%.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 11:34 am

@Tiel- So I can make up invasions and stuff. Also, Fen is nerfed. Or will be.

@Fen- I'm not sure about that. I think you can go lower, especially if there's a war on your planet and that's probably more important.

@Ljubjana- Your nation experiences almost daily insurrections and constant rioting because everyone is impoverished and the government doesn't help them.
Back to top Go down
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
Julo

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 1:24 pm

Race Names- Aquans& Crasarians
Application

Moon name- Amalthea

Empire name- Aquan Collective

Space program funding as a percentage of GDP of empire- 10%

Approximate population- 3 billion

Are there other empires on your moon? If so, how many- The Crasarian Federation

Additional info if you want to add it- The moon is covered with ice, and all organisms live beneath the surface in an ocean.
To launch spacecraft, the ice is molten and then frozen again. The ice is 100m thick. The Aquans live in peace with the Crasarians, so they have no combat experience. The Aquans are science orientated and the Crasarians are industrials.
Also the gravity on the moon is very low.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:10 pm

Race Name-Valyrian
Moon name-V'har
Empire name-New Valyrian Dominion
Space program funding as a percentage of GDP of empire-10% (If you look at previous rp's, my race tends spend all its money on blowing stuff up, while its civilians live in constant depression and dystopia. (I had a civilian rating of 5 in Fenway's empire RP)
Approximate population-3.7 billion
Are there other empires on your moon? If so, how many-Librarian (Who the Valyrians are at war with)
Additional info if you want to add it-The Valyrians are a race of insane inbred cannibalistic space elves.

Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 6:26 pm

Ok, can a mod lock this? I can see this is going nowhere. If Fen wants to make his own version, he's free to.
Back to top Go down
Ljubljana
Ljubljana

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:01 pm

ACH0225 wrote:

@Ljubjana- Your nation experiences almost daily insurrections and constant rioting because everyone is impoverished and the government doesn't help them.
>what is self sufficiency?
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moons RP, new RP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moons RP, new RP   Moons RP, new RP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moons RP, new RP
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Futurecraft Roleplay-
Jump to: