Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Into the Void: Beginnings

Go down 
+4
Groot
Iv121
Joel
Hierarch Fenway
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Into the Void: Beginnings Empty
PostSubject: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 6:42 pm

MAP:

Into the Void: Beginnings Image

Backstory:

Date: 17/6/2915

:::MESSAGE START:::

The nature of anomaly X-46A has been confirmed, after extensive tests, it has been discovered that the location on the other side of the anomaly, not what we thought it was. Common theory was that the anomaly was the first discovered wormhole, but for this to be so, it would have to lead to somewhere in our own universe.
Reports came in from the UGF's research department, test conducted to determine the quantum properties of particles, has revealed that the location on the other side of the anomaly, answers to an ever so slightly different set of fundamental laws, however, not enough to prevent us from going there.
Anomaly X-46A, from now on known as the universal bridge, does in fact comment our universe to another, a whole new universe, of unknown territory.

:::MESSAGE END:::

So, the year is 2915 on earth's calendar, and a great big portal to another universe has been discovered, opening up the "duoverse" or second reality, to the factions of the universe, the UGF are attempting to claim the universe for their own, but so far it is no mans land.

So, this is where you come in.

You, are the commander of one of the vessels send by the various factions to explore the new duoverse, and these ain't little ships either, oh no, you are playing with the big toys, state of the art ships made specifically for surviving in unknown space.

So, some rules.

You command one ship, which is equipped with various modules of different scales.

Turns: Each turn is represented by one "turn" post (state whether your post is turn or general) each turn allow you to move, mine, shoot, launch craft according to your modules.

A general post refers to a post that is to do with the RP, but doesn't involve your ship taking any action.

Each time your ship moves by one blip, you move by one square in the map (I'll add this shortly) not all the map is discovered, and I'll update it with more stuff once people start exploring.

Attributes:

HP: how much damage your ship can take
Standard: 120

Craft points: how many small craft you can carry
Standard: 0

Resource points: how much raw material you have to make stuff
Standard: 50

Cargo: how much resource you can carry
Standard: 50

Speed: How many blips your ship can travel in a turn
Standard: 1

These stats are affected by modules:

Each ship has:

1x super module

2x advanced module

4x standard module

8x small module

Modules

Spoiler:

Mining:

There are three types of resource caches, small, medium, and large

Large: planets and large asteroids, can only be mined with the Planetcracker. Grant 100 resource points

Medium: Average asteroids, can be mined with mining bay or Planetcracker, grant 20 resource points.

Small: small asteroids, can be mined by anyone, grant 5 resource points.

Small craft

Spoiler:

Applications:

Ship name

Faction of origin

Commander's name

Chosen modules

Overview of stats (the standard stats with any changes from your modules)

Small craft (if any)

Backstory

My application:

Ship name: Void Torment
Spoiler:

Faction: Skytherian Colonies

Commander's name: Grey

Chosen modules:
Spoiler:

Stats:
Spoiler:

Craft
Spoiler:

Backstory:

The Void Torment is the flagship in a line of Skytherian battle cruisers utilising a new propulsion system. This propulsion system resembled the tail fin of some of Earth's aquatic organisms, and what was initially suggested as a joke by on of the engineers in charge of designing the ship, turned out to be an effective design, and so the Void Torment was built in the image of the now extinct Goblin shark. The Void Torment was chosen to represent the Skytherian colonies as their first ship into the Duoverse, captained by Commander Grey himself.

Last edited by Prototype on Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:26 pm; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 2:15 am

So, the Skytherians have a giant space metal shark with frickin' laser beams? We're dead. Completely.

But this looks VERY interesting; I must join and keep it alive!

Ship name: Paragon Lost

Faction of origin: The Librarian Collective

Commander's name: AI Unit 000 "Zeroth"

Chosen modules
Spoiler:
Overview of stats
Spoiler:
Small craft (if any) None

Backstory

Paragon Lost was a large battleship which was drafted in one of the Librarian's top libraries as an experimental weapon carrier. The design was initially shelved, as the ship was too expensive for what could be accomplished with more, cheaper ships. After the discovery of the bridge, however, the design proved to be the most compatible with what was required for the mission. Based on data from the other universe, as well, it was theorized that the main gun would fire much farther than normally. As such, the ship was quickly built. It is outfitted with state-of-the-art sensor equipment (affects nothing) designed to gather and transmit as much data as possible back to the Librarians for cataloging and harnessing.

Last edited by Quadraxis on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 2:49 am

Ship Name: Imperial's Lance

Faction of Origin: Hexalan

Commander's Name: Lt. Col. Ishnijin

Chosen Modules:

Overview of Stats (the standard stats with any changes from your modules):
HP: 180
CP: 100
RP: 80
C: 70
S: 2

Small Craft:
- 6 Gunships
- 4 Miners
-12 Fighters

Backstory: The Imperial's Lance is a refit Hypier-Class Carrier Cruiser. Instead of the normal extra strikecraft bays, a mining bay and extra reactor cell have been added - the mining bay allows the ship to collect and process raw materials found in the Duoverse into basic components used in most products created by Hexilan Armory and Indigo Shipyards as well as some that were used by Darthon, such as most reactor and engine parts as well as those used in DB and USUI series droids. The extra reactor cell allows the ship to travel at near double previous top speeds, although the cost of producing a Quintuple-Cell reactor in the same space as a Quadruple-Cell is greater than that of 3 Octuple-Cell reactors in their normal size. Prior to the refit and reassignment of the crew, the ship was known as the Inoperability, a combat-carrier that has been in service since the advent of the Quadruple-Cell reactor - nearly 300 standard years ago - the Inoperability was among the first few batches and was built at a drydock on Dreco, the primary factory world of Indigo Shipyards, but then was simply a backwater manufactorum merely a part of the blob that was Novum Paradigma.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 6:28 am

Ship name: Blood of the flayed.

Faction of origin: Valyria

Commander's name:D'riqnar

Chosen modules:

Spoiler:

Overview of stats (the standard stats with any changes from your modules)

Spoiler:

Small craft (if any)
None

Backstory
Blood of the Flayed is a refitted Ayleid Attack cruiser. Found in the graveyard containing many battle damaged ships in the Vancein galaxy. Although only pinnaces in Ayleid terms, Blood of the Flayed has become one of the most vital ships to the Ayleid fleet. Renamed after the bloodbath staged on the ship for High Empress D'laria's entertainment, it is on of the Valyrians most lethal weapons.

(Sorry about the crappy backstory, wasn't quite sure about how to make a ship that was basically found in a scrap heap seem interesting.)
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 8:37 am

Vinyl and Targareyan accepted.

Fenway... That superweapon has a massive range, everything else has a range of one blip, the damage on it is going to have to be nerfed significantly, to about 50hp, otherwise it's just OP

I'm going to start working on the map, if everyone can choose what colour they want their icons to be, and perhaps what shape their ship is (icons wont be too detailed) then that would help, otherwise I'll just assign you one.

I am already using blue for the Void Torment.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 9:05 am

W8 you're starting already ? I'm not done with my ship yet, you know I like to observe others before a decide what arsenal will serve me best...
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 9:42 am

I'll nerf the range to 3 and the setup time to 2. Sound ok?

And I'll take a green icon.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:21 am

Ship name: Voidwalker

Faction of origin: Obsidian Syndicate

Commander's name: Soulsearcher

Chosen Modules:

Overview of stats: 120+30 Shield Hp,20 Craft, 150 Resource, 80 Cargo, 2 Speed

Small craft: 4 Bombers, 2 Miners, 1 Scout

Backstory:
After hearing about the bridge the OS drafted their newest Battleship to discover the unknown and to set up OS Mining Outposts and Shipyards. Overlord Soulsearcher was to Captain this ship so he chose the best crew in the Syndicate. A battle ready fleet was put on standby outside the bridge in case things went south.
Back to top Go down
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
Julo

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 11:23 am

Ship name: Avatar
Ship:
Faction of origin: Chmmr

Commander's name: Qrntz

Chosen modules

Modules:

Overview of stats
HP: 220
CP: 0
RP: 50
C: 100
S: 3

Small craft
None

Color: White

Backstory
The Avatar is a for survival refitted Chmmr scout. Captain Qrntz and his brave crew of 48 brave entities got the mission to explore the space behind anomaly X-46A, to find out if there would be enough hyper-crystals, to build up a persistent colony of the Chmmr. So commander Qrntz went to "The Void".

I can repair without a repair bay, if I get the resources, can I?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 12:47 pm

Iv121 wrote:
W8 you're starting already ? I'm not done with my ship yet, you know I like to observe others before a decide what arsenal will serve me best...
We aren't starting yet, I need to make the map first, but when that's done anyone can join at any point.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 2:06 pm

So I nerfed the setup time to 2 and the distance to 3 for the Parsec. NOTE: When setting up the laser, both setup turns count as a turn- I cannot move when charging or after charge, or do other turn-consuming activities (using other modules is already included, isn't it?) So while charging, I am highly vulnerable, and other things can close in on me while charging and strike before I can get back at them, so it isn't overpowered at the moment.

Green icon, Arrow-head shape.

Last edited by Quadraxis on Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 2:28 pm

The orange icon has been taken in the name of [REDACTED].
Since Like Half of Us Have A Pic For Our Ship:
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 4:55 pm

Ok, Fenway, I'll raise your damage to 80 then, also, I might need some assistance GMing this, check your PMs

And remember everyone, try and give me some idea as to what your ship looks like so I can get the map done.

This is the map so far (slightly blurry for whatever reason)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:27 pm

I claim the color red.
My ships shape is like yours Proto.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:30 pm

Soul of Jack wrote:
I claim the color red.
What a goblin shark?
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:33 pm

Not the best photo:
Into the Void: Beginnings 2gufrch
EDIT:::::
Can I be the colour black? Smile
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:37 pm

MrTargareyan wrote:
Not the best photo:
You won't get seen, but I can make you dark grey with a white outline

Also, Fenway, check your PMs, I might need you to help maintain this.

Last edited by Prototype on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Prototype wrote:
MrTargareyan wrote:
Not the best photo:
You won't get seen, but I can make you dark grey with a white outline
That could be a tactical advantage Very Happy And Grey and white is fine Smile
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:56 pm

Also, some more info.

I will be placing pirate ships around the map, if you hit one, you enter battle with it.

You can enter battle with a ship when you are in neighbouring blips, at this point you choose how to attack your enemy, and you take it's attacks.

For pirate ships, you enter battle when you stumble across one, I will be making several different types with different stats (nothing too much).

If you win a battle, you get to loot whatever resources that ship was carrying, and if any craft are still on board, you can melt them down to regain however many resource points were used up to make them.

If you lose... Make another application and start at Anomaly X-46A.

Also, I might implement some sort of boss battle, does anyone object to this or agree with it?
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 5:57 pm

I wouldn't mind a boss battle.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 22, 2013 8:38 pm

Prototype wrote:
Soul of Jack wrote:
I claim the color red.
What a goblin shark?
Sure. Why not?

Edit:
I'm fine with a boss battle.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 4:26 am

Ok Map is up, if your ship is on there you may begin, I'll update it as often as possible.

Also, one thing about pirate battles, if you approach a pirate from behind, you fire the first shot, if it approaches you from behind, it fires the first shot, same with any other ship.

:::VOID TORMENT:::
Turn: Moving (1) North
:::END:::
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 5:10 am

Is there any particular order we have to do our turns in, or do we just wait until everyone has posted their turn? Smile If the latter:

//Blood of the flayed//
Moving 1 east.
//end//
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 5:21 am

I think I'll make it you can post one turn every two/three hours. But this might change
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:47 am

::Voidwalker::
Moving 2 North
::End::
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Into the Void: Beginnings   Into the Void: Beginnings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Into the Void: Beginnings
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next