Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Remains

Go down 
+5
Groot
Caramell
Joel
ACH0225
MercurySteam
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:26 am

Date: Mid December, 2156

Humanity is on the way out.

There is little hope.

It's been ten years since the end of the Third World War, more than thirty years since it began. After the Bombardments, the mass nuclear bombings that ended the war, all world governments were disintegrated. What little population was left descended into anarchy. Riots, starvation, sickness, and the horrors left over from the war further decimated the population. Only a few million remain now, and those that continue must fight hunger, sickness, and other people each day just to stay alive. Survivors have banded together into groups and gangs, and sometimes war over resources, food and freshwater. Rampant, autonomous war machines can be found scattered throughout city ruins and wilderness alike. Advanced machinery is rare, vehicles are a precious commodity. Electronics that were protected by EMP can sometimes be salvaged by experts.

Not many people even remember who was fighting who or even why they were fighting, the only thing that matters now is survival.

About halfway through the war, when every nation was teetering on the brink of demise, but had yet to accept their inevitable fate, they engineered and released vicious creatures of war into their enemies' territories to decimate their population. These animals were exceedingly well adapted for killing and surviving, and many survived to breed. They now stalk the wilderness outside the cities, and are seldom seen inside the ruins, as they are well fortified by gangs.

There are also the engineered humans, the Exiles. They were first grown by the Americans just after the start of the war. Any country with the appropriate technology followed suit. Each has remarkably enhanced senses, strength, endurance, and durability, and many have unique abilities. Only a few remain though. Many were killed in battle, some executed by gangs after the war. The ones that lived through were shunned and cast out by the rest of the survivors, forced to make it in the wilderness. They have survived, it is rumored some of them can even tame the Beasts. Those that do live among the normal human populations in the city ruins must hide their extraordinary abilities.

You are an Exile.

Application

Name:

Power (unique ability):

Beast (if tamer):

Country of Origin:

Specialties:

Story (War, after war)

Subfactions
Spoiler:

Places
Spoiler:

Bestiary
Spoiler:

Last edited by catsonmeth on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:13 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:50 am

I'll take a shot. Please note I cannot disregard my nationality so easily...

Application

Name: Nyyk

Power (unique ability): Hive- Hundreds of wasps swarm from small egg sacs and hives in his back and shoulders, attacking foes. Can also scare people with how freaky it looks.

Beast (if tamer): Wasp-owl, a hideous abomination of a mixture between a wasp queen and an owl. One of a kind, and rarely seen. Stays hidden in fights, but if Nyyk is in danger of death, will attack. Deadly sting and sharp talons

Country of Origin: Cuuytl Vyr.

Specialties: Swarm attacks

Story (War, after war): An abomination created by the Strigifome inspired by human research at the time, Nyyk was dropped in after the war to scout and try to gain the allegiance of the people. They expected him to die. Fortunately for him, he survived and thrived in the dangerous atmosphere. That was 10 year ago. Now he is still scouting, but wants to go on one last adventure to try and fulfill the objective of gaining people's trust.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:00 am

Name: Akari

Power: Kinetic Projection (using tech. similar to energy shield to form or manipulate objects), Empath

Beast: Female Direwolf called Nadar

Country of Origin: US

Specialties: Hand-to-hand combat, infiltration, assassination

Story: Akari was among the first group of GE humans introduced onto the battlefield. He hid along with the normal humans under London during the Bombardment and just barely escaped death at the hands of the emergent new leader of the 500 that were left. He fled to the Wilderness, where he came upon a direwolf's den and slew the solitary watcher while the rest of the pack was away, then took one of the pups. Akari wandered through the wilderness for several months before coming across a small community of other exiles, where he has lived since.

Last edited by catsonmeth on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:18 am

Name: Suterusukuro

Power (unique ability): In-Hand Nekode

Beast (if tamer): None

Country of Origin: Japan (Lived most of her life in France and Southern Scotland)

Specialties: Close-Quarters Combat, Stealth

During The War: Created using top secret technology that was in development in preparation for the war, Suterusukuro was grown among 11 others who would work as highly classified assassins and bodyguards of very important people. Working as a highly skilled infiltrator and assassin, she was said to only be seen before you were about to be dead. 7 of the others were killed during the war.
Post-War: Hiding among cities, but never staying very long and literally constantly moving, Suterusukuro uses her knowledge of parkour she learned extensively during a stationing in France during the war.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:29 am

Name: Anders

Power: Pyrotechnic abilities.

Country of Origin: Norway

Specialties: Close-to-medium-range combat, survival in tougher areas.

Story:
During the war: Anders was one of the few genetically engineered humans created by the Norwegian army. He and the others were trained in wilderness survival and the use of most weapons, as well as their own special powers. He mostly fought in Russia, Scandinavia and the middle east, and therefore he got most used to deserts, tundra and mountains.

After the war: When the war ended and his country had collapsed just like all others, Anders moved to the science base where he was created. After a few days it was destroyed by a pack of direwolves and some bears, however, so he took the terrain vehicle from the safety bunker and decided to go south to seek for any surviving civilizations.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 12:30 pm

Important question, can I be a robot?
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Prototype wrote:
Important question, can I be a robot?
I don't think so.
And ACH I'm not sure you can be an owl.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:02 pm

Ah, but I'm not!
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 2:00 pm

Name: Jack 'Omega' Shadow

Power (unique ability): Knowing what a person/Beast is thinking  

Beast (if tamer): Lulf (A mix between a Lion and a Wolf)

Country of Origin: US (Transferred to Russia when he was 18)

Specialties: Swords, Speed, Pistols, Daggers, Knifes

Story (War, after war): During The War: Taken from his home at 13 years of age Jack was one of the first US GE Humans named 'Omega'. Trained to kill the greatest threat at the time the UK. Given a Lulf cub when he was trying to escape at age 16. At age 18 he was transferred to Russia as a peace offering but eventually escaped and killed everyone and burned the Base to the ground. Went toward the UK.
Post War: Living in a Exile community Jack does Merc jobs to keep busy while he has a hobby of trying to get a working boat to get across to the US.

Last edited by Soul of Jack on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 3:59 pm

Vinyl accepted
Daynel accepted

Proto, you can be a robot, but AI and robotics were still relatively underdeveloped at the start of the war. Just keep that in mind.

Ach, no Strigiforme. Also a wasp-owl is... I can't even. I also urge you to reconsider your ability, it doesn't seem like it would be very effective.

Jack, I already have large wolves, the lion part's fine though. You don't mention in your bio why your character is considered so advanced.

Last edited by catsonmeth on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:30 pm

I don't think you've ever been stung by 50 wasps at once. Trust me, it'll be effective.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:37 pm

*ACH's and my character fighting together*
*BUZZ* *BUZZ* *BUZZ*
"Hah! Got three! See, effective."

*ratatatatatatata wooooooooooosh!*
"Indeed, I only got I dunno, 10."

(NOTE: Not canon since we haven't even started yet)
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:37 pm

I've changed it I don't really know what I was thinking when I put that and ACH one word, Ouch.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:41 pm

It's also fairly long range, maybe 30 or 40 feet. They can also attack around corners and through doors. In hand-to-hand combat they'd be only marginally effective, but at a range against any number of people under 15, they'd be most effective.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:46 pm

So you're basically long-range hit-and-run then?
Yeah, in that way I agree they'd be more or less effective.
Back to top Go down
MrTargareyan
Infantry
Infantry
MrTargareyan

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Application

Name: Jon Snow

Power (unique ability):Mild Telekenisis

Beast (if tamer):Albino Direwolf

Country of Origin:Antarctica

Specialties: Close quarter combat, ambush.

Story (War, after war)
Jon was the son of two American deserters from the us army who fled to a small community of refugees in Antarctica seeking a better life. They lived peacefully underground for over 20 years and had 3 children together: Jon, Robb and Brandon. All of this changed when a plane carrying active nuclear weapons crashed near the settlement. Thanks to Jon possessing the HG-938 Fallout immunity gene he was the only one to survive from his village. However due to prolonged exposure he developed type-2 Telekinesis. After news of his abilities reached US authorities; he was promptly captured and genetically modified to make him stronger and more resilient; before being forced into military service. After the third world war he was a social outcast; forced to follow the path of the exile.

Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Name: Laina Aleiko

Power (unique ability): Time Dilation (Can create short-lived warp fields where time runs differently than normal, allowing for hyper-reflexes or accelerated aging, for example)

Beast (if tamer): Muntis. A Muntis is a highly-mutated mantis. They were created as a side effect of the Russian's Super program as a prototype. They are small, agile, and very intelligent. They possess an ability to absorb and use the powers of any Exile they bond with, albeit to a much more limited extent. They are not very tough, so they rely on their Exile and their agility for protection from threats. They can communicate with an Exile through a weak psychic link, which is severed if they spend too long outside of each other's influence for too long.

Country of Origin: Russia

Specialties: Computer technology, long-range combat, melee combat, reflexes

Story (War, after war)

Laina was one of the original products of the Russian's Super program, as they called it. After being raised from childhood, researchers noted no significant differences between her and an average human, so she was cut from the program and sent into the world. She was able to scrap together a life, and her high intelligence placed her into a top-honors class in a Russian university. Researchers began to note her massive performance, and from obtaining medical records, discovered her mind to be more developed and complex than previously seen. She was pulled from the university after mastering multiple computer skills at the age of 22 and placed into the 'teaching' program, as it was called. She was initially planned for telekinesis, but upon discovering this, Laina hacked the database and changed the process to a highly-experimental and dangerous relativistic accelerator. The process was successful, but there were unfortunate side effects. She had no way of controlling these fields at the time, and created a large-scale acceleration field, centered on the facility. The entire facility, excluding her, was reduced to rubble within a few minutes. Her powers have essentially rendered her timeless, as she is completely unaffected by her own fields or the normal aging process. Unable to control her fields, and deemed too dangerous by the government to track down, she fled to the Ural mountains unhindered, where she lived inside a large cave complex for 38 years, surviving alone and contemplating. She learned to control her fields, eventually mastering them to the point of precise time control. At the end of these 38 years, she discovered the Muntis. On a routine hunt, she discovered several Direwolves attacking at what seemed to be a small speck. She knew the wolves to be good game, and slowed down time around them, allowing her ample time to precisely strike each of them in the head with her bow. Once the field had passed, the Muntis crawled out from beneath one and leaped onto Laina. She was at first terrified, but after noting the Mantis-like creature now on her shoulder wasn't doing anything, she let it be. Over a few weeks, she learned to communicate with it through a weak psychic-link. Through the Muntis, as it revealed itself to her, she learned of a large city where people still lived, for she had watched the bombs fall and the world fall apart around her. Deciding to leave, she took a few plants, preserved from destruction by her fields, and her few items and set off to the city, slightly hopeful that they will be able to rebuild once again.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:06 pm

Mr. Targarden and Fen accepted.

Ach, the thing about hundreds of wasps is that they don't really provide a hand up against someone wearing a hardsuit, which would be most soldiers. You don't have to get rid of it, but somewhat of an explanation would be nice. You do have to change the part about the Strigiforme, though. I want this RP to be separate from FC lore. The wasp-owl... I guess you can keep.

Jack, I request that you change your beast. You don't have to, but there's already the direwolf.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:44 pm

The Strigiforme part will actually never come into play. He'll pretend he's from somewhere nobody cares about, like Estonia or Latvia. As for the wasps, they can kill anything not in a hardsuit, like wild animals. He wasn't involved in the war, but the cleanup after. And you can bet after a war, most armour has lots of holes. He can also use a gun with average proficiency, I suppose. As for separation of lore, it is separate. This is a another take on the real Cuuytl Vyr, as is the standard FC lore.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 1:10 am

Sounds like something I'd love to see go on for a long time... but don't forget that this forum is temporary. :l

Name: Shane

Power (unique ability): Shane's persuasive abilities effect both man, and beast, and are almost powerful enough to manipulate people's thoughts... almost. He has used this ability multiple times to talk himself out of executions, and calm angry wild animals.

Beast (if tamer): Direwolf (Is this the beast we own?)

Country of Origin: U.S.A.

Specialties: Close quarters gun combat, however hand to hand is a weakness for him, mechanics (can fix vehicles to get around however isn't a scavenging type person, and usually has very little fuel), and I don't think I need to say, but I will, negotiating. (see power)

Story (War, after war)

Shane stayed in the U.S. for the entire war. As enemy countries sent their super soldiers in to invade America, it was his job to defend it, thus the persuasive abilities that give him power over animals. The U.S. government used persuasive abilities on most of it's defensive soldiers to turn enemy beasts against the enemy, or just tame them to minimize their threat to citizens.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:47 pm

Planning on starting anytime soon?
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 6:09 pm

Name: MPE-1 "Sawson"

Power: can hack prett much any computer

Beast: none

Specialities: metallic body is rather useful, however some parts are still exposed. Has integrated tools, such as the jigsaw concealed inside the left wrist, and the welding system mounted on the right arm, which can be used to attach things to the body and forge weapons. Good knowledge of engineering has allowed Sawson to forge a primitive magnetic acceleration cannon (using standard magnets instead of electromagnets, and relies upon a huge spring, which has to be manually primed after each firing, to do the initial acceleration in order for the magnetic bit to work effectively, ammunition can vary, however Sawson tend to melt scrap iron down into bolts)

Story: Sawson was designed to be a worker machine, which would have allowed for human engineers to retrain as soldiers, to help the war effort, Sawson's particular model was the most advanced, however almost all the other machines were wiped out by the EMP effect caused by the nukes, however Sawson was stored in a bunker, and later activated for unknown reasons, and left to wander the wasteland.

After almost being terminated by a wild mutie whatever, Sawson began upgrading his own body by attaching armour, and spikes in various places, to help defend himself from attack, however it wasn't enough, so he designed and built his spring loaded acceleration cannon, to help take down anything that fancies eating him.
Back to top Go down
MercurySteam
Infantry
Infantry
MercurySteam

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:14 pm

Akari made his way through what was left of the streets of the ruins of London, hood drawn around his face, sleeves and gloves hiding the force projectors on his hands. He was searching for power cells, food, scrap parts, anything that could possibly be of use.

A voice emanating from an alleyway called out, "Kid. Hey, kid!" Akari threw a cautious glance to his right and left. "Yeah, you, you see anyone else on these gods forsaken streets?"

He walked closer to the source of the voice. His eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness and he saw a man dressed in rags displaying symbols that suggested he was a follower of a new, violent religion that had been spreading from settlement to settlement for years. "What d'you want?"

"Me supply o' the Red Water's been runnin' low. Wond'rin if you could... supply me some more." The man said, extracting a mostly-empty plastic bottle with rust red residue coating the inside.

Slowly, Akari removed his gloves and replied, "You want my blood?"

The man smiled and nodded his head vigorously.

"You're gonna have to look somewhere else."

The smile disappeared from the man's face. "I didn't want to have to take it." He produced a small pistol from a pocket.

"Put the gun down and let me be on my way."

The man reached into another pocket and brought out a needle. He motioned towards it with the gun. He would take Akari's blood, living or dead, Akari was well enough an empath to sense that. He sighed and swept one of his hands through the air, wiping the man's gun wielding hand out of the way, then thrust his palm upward under the man's jaw, lifting him up off of the ground slightly. He sent a bolt of kinetic energy through the man's skull and let his body fall to the ground. After retrieving the pistol, Akari slid oh his gloves and started on a route out of the city.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:36 am

OOC: You forgot two applications. NOTE- Italics are telepathic communications with the Muntis

BIC:

Laina paused at the top of a hill, exhausted. In the distance she could see the city. Even by today's standards, it was surprisingly intact- many of the skyscrapers still stood, with minimal damage. From here, it looked more like age had damaged it, rather than war. But she couldn't be certain. Her Muntis, which had been napping, crawled onto her shoulder and looked towards the city. Is that where we're headed?

Indeed. Laina sat down, placing her bag on the ground. It was military issue, of which she had acquired from a decrepit military convoy. They had been slaughtered, by beasts or man unknown. It was in good condition. Out of it she took out a apple. A small one, no doubt, but still good. She had found a few apple orchards on the way to the Ural mountains, and had stowed many away for good measure. She planted the seeds at her cave there and grew them over 28 years. When the bombs fell, and the land began to die, she preserved them. She kept them in relative stasis for years, at reduced growth rates, as the land around it decayed into a radioactive waste. They were only a few months older than when she placed them into stasis, and still completely edible. Now she carries their fruit, also in stasis, which her Muntis takes care of, and a small tree. She took a bite out of it as she observed the city.

Are you sure it'll be any better there? Food, even?

You're the one who suggested it.

But still, maybe we should have stayed in the cave.

And starve to death? I can't maintain these fields forever, you know. One day, they have to fall.

I know, just erring on the side of caution. Laina finished her apple and tossed the core into the bag, saving the seeds. Waste not, want not, as she learned. Use everything. After making sure the fruit was still in a stasis field (A slight burst of energy rejuvenated the field) she set off down the hill towards the city. She would be nearing the outskirts soon.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 4:23 am

Anders was skipping across the waves in his multi-terrain vehicle.
"Anders' journal, day one." he said into his recording device.
"I'm traveling towards the more southern parts of Europe in the hope of finding somewhere more suited for living. Civilization has always been tighter in the south, so I'm hoping to find other people who I can help, or the other way around. I'm suspecting to reach Denmark in a few hours, and then.."
He was interrupted by a huge wave splashing all over the vehicle.
"Uh.. end of log" he said and turned off the device.

With a rifle in his hand, he climbed up to the roof of the vehicle. Ahead of him was an attack wale, a breed designed by Danish and British geneticists to attack all unregistered boats approaching their respective marine territories.
However, now that they were no longer receiving registration signals, they just attacked anything in their way.

"Not another one of these.." Anders said, loading a high-charge penetrating bullet into the rifle.
He took aim at the whale's eye and fired, the extra powered bullet going through the eye and straight into the brain.
The beast landed with a huge splash, creating a wave almost ripping Anders off his amphibious vehicle.
"If only that was the last of them." Anders said, generating enough heat to dry his clothes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remains    Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remains    Remains    Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remains
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Futurecraft Roleplay-
Jump to: