Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Dormidean Armada

Go down 
+9
Hierarch Fenway
Tiel+
Avenger_7
Caramell
blockman42
Laserbilly
torrentialAberration
Luna
Joel
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Dormidean Armada - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dormidean Armada   Dormidean Armada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 3:18 am

CaptainSporatic wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:
The design of your ships is legendary. The only advice I need to give you is your choice of blocks. I know the texture pack you're using, and I'd use cobblestone instead of iron for the main hull block (At least, the grey-brown block that has matching slabs and steps that I think is cobblestone).
The blocks with corresponding stairs or slabs:

Spoiler:

From left to right: Spruce wood, Birch wood, Cobblestone, Oak wood, Bricks, Jungle wood, Sandstone, Stone bricks, Netherbrick, Stone slab

The main issue I've had is getting a good color scheme with working slabs and stairs, since I use those a lot while working.
On the Birch wood and Brick blocks, the texture cuts off halfway through the slab, and on the Sandstone and Stone slabs, the top slab differs from the bottom slab.
The Spruce wood seems under-textured and the Cobblestone seems overly textured.
The Stone slab is missing stairs and the Netherbrick is also missing a slab...
The Oak wood is overly textured but resembles a grid pattern usually seen on the typical catwalk.

So basically I've gone with the Oak wood as a reinforcing-type of metal (since I feel it sort of reciprocates that idea [in theory]) and then I've basically had the Jungle wood and the Stone brick to work with, since those are the only two textures I don't have some major issue with :/

The main block I use is Obsidian since it doesn't really conform to that idea of a white spaceship and since it seems somewhat evil, but it doesn't really go well with many block textures...

As for the stair and slab texture, I decided to go with the Stone brick since it offsets the blackness of the Obsidian I use as a major texture, but it still seems off somewhat...

I might try switching the Obsidian out for another color, but then to change the stairs I would need to replace each one individually since using replace on world edit and mcedit doesn't put them in the correct direction or orientation.

In short, I need a good texture pack which is updated and with which I can work, so that when I do change the color scheme, I wouldn't need to replace every stair more than once...

(a lot of complaining in this post)

Okay, you aren't using the texture pack I'm thinking of. Here it is I suggest using it (with the CTM mod or Optifine). It's great.
Back to top Go down
Lightspeed
Recruit
Recruit
Lightspeed

PostSubject: Re: Dormidean Armada   Dormidean Armada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 3:22 am

Awsome! *W*
Back to top Go down
CaptainSporatic
CaptainSporatic

PostSubject: Re: Dormidean Armada   Dormidean Armada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 6:28 pm

The Schmetterling wrote:
CaptainSporatic wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:
The design of your ships is legendary. The only advice I need to give you is your choice of blocks. I know the texture pack you're using, and I'd use cobblestone instead of iron for the main hull block (At least, the grey-brown block that has matching slabs and steps that I think is cobblestone).

Spoiler:

From left to right: Spruce wood, Birch wood, Cobblestone, Oak wood, Bricks, Jungle wood, Sandstone, Stone bricks, Netherbrick, Stone slab

The main issue I've had is getting a good color scheme with working slabs and stairs, since I use those a lot while working.
On the Birch wood and Brick blocks, the texture cuts off halfway through the slab, and on the Sandstone and Stone slabs, the top slab differs from the bottom slab.
The Oak wood is overly textured but resembles a grid pattern usually seen on the typical catwalk.

So basically I've gone with the Oak wood as a reinforcing-type of metal (since I feel it sort of reciprocates that idea [in theory]) and then I've basically had the Jungle wood and the Stone brick to work with, since those are the only two textures I don't have some major issue with :/

The main block I use is Obsidian since it doesn't really conform to that idea of a white spaceship and since it seems somewhat evil, but it doesn't really go well with many block textures...

As for the stair and slab texture, I decided to go with the Stone brick since it offsets the blackness of the Obsidian I use as a major texture, but it still seems off somewhat...

I might try switching the Obsidian out for another color, but then to change the stairs I would need to replace each one individually since using replace on world edit and mcedit doesn't put them in the correct direction or orientation.

In short, I need a good texture pack which is updated and with which I can work, so that when I do change the color scheme, I wouldn't need to replace every stair more than once...

Okay, you aren't using the texture pack I'm thinking of. Here it is I suggest using it (with the CTM mod or Optifine). It's great.

Alright, I'll try it out and see if I can move some textures around if I see a good combo.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Dormidean Armada   Dormidean Armada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:37 pm

CaptainSporatic wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:
CaptainSporatic wrote:
The Schmetterling wrote:

Spoiler:

Alright, I'll try it out and see if I can move some textures around if I see a good combo.

Here, this is a ship I built using that texturepack. Thought it might help.
Back to top Go down
CaptainSporatic
CaptainSporatic

PostSubject: Re: Dormidean Armada   Dormidean Armada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:27 pm

Alright, I used the texture pack and messed around with the textures some, and I found a combination I really like; as an example, here it is on the drop ship:
Spoiler:
I will now update the main post.
Back to top Go down
CaptainSporatic
CaptainSporatic

PostSubject: Re: Dormidean Armada   Dormidean Armada - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 9:47 pm

I also added the new tank-variant to the original post, and made a post on the new forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dormidean Armada   Dormidean Armada - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dormidean Armada
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2