Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings

Go down 
+5
Ivan2006
Commander Kobialka
Grand Imperial Thunder
_Shadowcat_
torrentialAberration
9 posters
AuthorMessage
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Empty
PostSubject: Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings   Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 10:52 pm

Buildings would be put in game so that no faction could have a 10x10 city. Buildings would have tiers upon which their production depends (a tier 1 factory might make one car per hour, a tier 1 market would only sell dirt, cobble, etc.).

Factory-Makes things. Mostly fighters, tanks, mechs, things that are really difficult or impossible to craft in a crafting table.

Bank-Bank. stores money.

Stock Exchange-Investments in companies can be made here

Comm building-tiers range from radio tower to hyperspace communication.

School-better NCPs maybe?

Laboratory-NCPs or player scientists+time=recipes and designs

Library-Used to store and copy recipe data. Tiers range from From leather-bound paper books to crystal data memory.

Company Building-built and used by a private company. Hire workers, make large transactions, organization.

Market-Players can sell things on the market. Lower tiers may only sell simple machines, items, and materials and only communicate with other markets in a certain area. Higher tiers may be able to communicate with markets in multiple systems and sell advanced machines and items.

Dealerships-Unlike markets, dealerships have things that cannot be placed in inventory (vehicles, ships) Buy something and then drive/hover/fly/jump/walk away.

Military building-Admirals control their fleets here.

Hangar/Drydock-Fueling, repair, refit, and storage of ships on ground.

Launch Tower-something you can use to launch combustion rockets without killing everything.

There would be templates if someone doesn't feel like designing their own buildings.

Instead of fighters, personnel carriers, tanks, ultralight mechs (or superheavy combat suits), and other largish vehicles being caftable placible, why not have them so they must be built in a factory and then transported to their destination? There could be vehicle dealerships and things that aren't just chests with signs on. A carrier would actually have to contain all of its fighters and assault teams wouldn't just be some players with mechs in their inventory.

Another, separate idea: zeppelins, balloons, and wood-frame aeroplanes. An important part in the development of aircraft (and spacecraft), they would certainly be neat to have, but the question is, "Is it worth the trouble to include these?"

Last edited by catsonmeth on Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings   Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 11:15 pm

Combine this with your machines thread, And it just might work...(Patent Pending)
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings   Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 11:39 pm

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
Combine this with your machines thread, And it just might work...(Patent Pending)

I think they're different enough. And they're meant for expansion.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings   Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 11:50 pm

Yeah, and you could have hover-motorbikes! that have to be dropped or deployed instead of just inventory carried. The building makes it like you will just have carbon copies, unless we do a core system that activates the building as a factory or etc and activates the machines and what not you put in it. This way you can build it your self lay it out on your own and it still has base requirements. Though it would need a way to identify the building maybe the floor can only be a certain material, or you have to put down markers.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings   Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 12:28 am

Prime Arc Thunder wrote:
Yeah, and you could have hover-motorbikes! that have to be dropped or deployed instead of just inventory carried. The building makes it like you will just have carbon copies, unless we do a core system that activates the building as a factory or etc and activates the machines and what not you put in it. This way you can build it your self lay it out on your own and it still has base requirements. Though it would need a way to identify the building maybe the floor can only be a certain material, or you have to put down markers.

That's more or less what I was thinking. A building would have to have the same basic layout for it to function (esp. factories), but keep enough freedom so that the builder doesn't feel confined. We need to come up with something that avoids giant prisms of iron without forcing the use of the templates. Maybe for a market, you'd need a market console that acts as core for the building and a marker system that uses something like cornerstones for the floors that have to be a set distance apart. To level up the market, you'd need the next market block and more floors. For factories, machines would need to be laid out in a certain way.
to level up the factory, you'd need more advanced machines and possibly a larger space.

Another way this could be done (this is kind of like a shipyard) is have a virtual reality of sorts where you are in creative mode and get WE tools. You set a building block down (the block would be specific to the building type and tier), place materials in the block, activate it, and begin building. Constraints, restrictions, and requirements are all in the program. After you have finished the VR building, it begins construction.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings   Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 8:52 am

lets not make it too dificult with the markets. There should be one market and when items are listed as for sale in the market it will also tell you how far they are and how long it should take to get there. Stations and planets will have there own places where thing can be placed on the market.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings   Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 1:34 pm

If you mean insta-builds where you bump a lot of stuff into one thing and then -poof- you have a building, then I fear you have slightly missed the spirit of Minecraft.
However, if you mean assigning a pre-existant building with a purpose that makes the NPCs assigned to that building do certain tasks and requires specific machines to be present inside in order to properly work, add a lab.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings   Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
If you mean insta-builds where you bump a lot of stuff into one thing and then -poof- you have a building, then I fear you have slightly missed the spirit of Minecraft.
However, if you mean assigning a pre-existant building with a purpose that makes the NPCs assigned to that building do certain tasks and requires specific machines to be present inside in order to properly work, add a lab.

No poof. Buildings would take time to complete, but if you have a preexisting template or you build one in that VR I mentioned, you don't have to build it yourself.

Adding lab.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings   Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Added hangar, launch tower, and zeppelins.
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings   Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 12:20 am

Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings   Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 12:31 am

^^Meh^^

ooh ooh cats, I remeber back a while ago I thought up a possible mod that would use a "Computer block" that would "connect" to any redstone or systems on an entity or within a specific radius.

Perhaps use markers like in BC, Then a "Computer Block" and that computer will connnect to all systems within that area.
Of course the systems would still have to be in a logical functioning order (You cant put the painter first, Then the ore proceser, Well you could but it would be wasting paint..). And if those systems meet certain requirements they will be "activated" as a NPCbuilding where you can put dirt in, get slightly refined dirt out, etc.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings   Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 5:36 am

No. This is Minecraft, not Age of Empires.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings   Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 8:05 am

The Schmetterling wrote:

I am unfamiliar with Age of Empires. People won't build large buildings and cities if they aren't a necessity, and without cities, a planet is nothing but a thing to be mined out.
Back to top Go down
Burnttoaster
Recruit
Recruit
Burnttoaster

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings   Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 1:27 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
I am unfamiliar with Age of Empires. People won't build large buildings and cities if they aren't a necessity, and without cities, a planet is nothing but a thing to be mined out.

I agree in my post that's similar to this topic I said why would you make a city when you could just make a giant fort.

The Schmetterling wrote:

No this is Futurecraft.

Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings   Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Burnttoaster wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:

I agree in my post that's similar to this topic I said why would you make a city when you could just make a giant fort.

I think you could also make a fort, but some people (expecially not-so-well-organized factions) will more likely use towns.
Back to top Go down
Julo
Recruit
Recruit
Julo

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings   Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 9:01 am

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
^^Meh^^

ooh ooh cats, I remeber back a while ago I thought up a possible mod that would use a "Computer block" that would "connect" to any redstone or systems on an entity or within a specific radius.

Perhaps use markers like in BC, Then a "Computer Block" and that computer will connnect to all systems within that area.
Of course the systems would still have to be in a logical functioning order (You cant put the painter first, Then the ore proceser, Well you could but it would be wasting paint..). And if those systems meet certain requirements they will be "activated" as a NPCbuilding where you can put dirt in, get slightly refined dirt out, etc.

eh hem
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com/t969-combat-and-fighting-system#27184
Back to top Go down
bsb23
bsb23

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings   Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 2:38 am

With the right economy and balance all of these buildings are built in an actual city like format. Unfortunately most it relies on server admins right now but I am hopeful someone will eventually give us a reason to make Minecraft cities (need for protection and increase in specialization[non-RPG] as well as the inability of the individual to do these things on their own which I suppose forces more specialization)

Same with NPC's (if added) there needs to be a reason for them to be compact and specialized
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings   Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fighters, other small vehicles, Stations, and Buildings
Page 1 of 1