Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

You're kidding, right?

Go down 
+13
hyperlite
Keon
Commander Kobialka
Groot
Pat Best
Shiva
_Shadowcat_
Chapter Master Addeptis
Commander Error
Iv121
Last_Jedi_Standing
Caramell
Tiel+
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

You're kidding, right? Empty
PostSubject: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:15 am

Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:39 am

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I should have started on that Bomb Shelter five years ago! Because I knew there would be a day, like today, and I would be prepared!

But I kept putting it off, and now that this day has finally come, i'm not prepared! This is bull****.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:58 am

We're dead.
Well, at least all of you are.
I'll just escape to the war-neutral Sweden, which is about 500 meters away, and I'll be safe.
What are your plans?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 11:22 am

I don't think this is preparation for WWIII. If the US is launching surveillance drones at Iran, they can shoot them down if they want to. If another country was launching drones at the US, they would shoot them down. Fair's fair. And I will note that, in fact, they didn't even hit the drone. So what we have here is: A few shots fired from a pair of Iranian planes at an unmanned US spy drone, none of which hit. The drone then left, and the planes broke off pursuit. Iran has now warned the US not to come into their country, which they have every right to do if they so desire and which the US would certainly do if the situations were reversed. This doesn't mean WWIII is coming.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 11:25 am

The drone was in international airspace, and the shots were 'warning'. Now, you tell me. These drones have actually BEEN in Iranian airspace before, so they're obviously trying to hide something and willing to challenge the biggest military power over there in order to do it.

Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 11:40 am

You exaggerate things just a little bit ... Israel shot down an Iranian drone above Israeli air space so what ? Even if this minor accident starts a war it won't be global because the only ones involved will probably be Iran, Israel and the US, maybe some passive assistance from US allies but that's it. Europe has their own things to do rather then prevent a Nuclear war ... Sometimes I get the feeling it is ran by a bunch of pussies , and it's not the first time BTW.

Chamberlain pathetically said "I believe mister Hitler" after he basically sold the Czech to him in exchange for fake peace promise. They could easily stop him back in 1937 but the Brits and French were pacifists. The French put all their hopes on Maginot Line, the Germans just passed around it just like they did in WW1 ...

Luckily Iran is not Germany yet and can be defeated if the Obama gets some balls for an instance.

Last edited by Iv121 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 11:46 am

Tiel wrote:
The drone was in international airspace, and the shots were 'warning'. Now, you tell me. These drones have actually BEEN in Iranian airspace before, so they're obviously trying to hide something and willing to challenge the biggest military power over there in order to do it.
Or they finally got ticked off about the US sending drones where, strictly speaking, it doesn't have any right to. Like I said, the US is doing something that they would never allow another country to do to them. Eventually someone's going to call them on it. In this case, the US says that the drone was in international airspace. I'd be willing to bet that Iran says otherwise, and if we know that the US has sent drones into their airspace before, it's hard to see why they'd lie about it this time. There's no reason to falsely accuse someone of robbing a store if you have proof that they robbed a bank the day before, if I may use that analogy. I don't know about hiding anything, but if a war starts because they kicked US spy drones out of their country, they're in the right, no matter what else they may have been doing. The US was doing something in their country that they shouldn't have, and they said no. Now, the problem with my argument is that it sorta draws a middle ground between two other arguments, and there isn't a clear line to stick to there. There's a scale of international relations. On one end, you have every individual country staying in its own borders and not doing things like sending spy drones at its neighbors. If one country does attack another, the country that was attacked is in the right and the aggressor should be stopped. This is probably the best solution, but it's never gonna happen. The other end of the scale is what's been true for most of human history. There's no kind of international governing organization, and whatever country has the biggest army does whatever the hell it wants to smaller countries. The smaller countries then do their best to hurt the big country while its armies are rolling through on the way to a place that has more gold, and no-one cares, because why should they? The big country can do what it wants. Who has any right to tell them otherwise? This system works in real life and has been used for thousands of years, but it's not considered 'civilized' by modern society. We currently try to aim somewhere in the middle, but it doesn't work very well. We need either total anarchy (on an international scale - individual countries have whatever kind of government they like), or we need a hegemony. You see some of this with the war on Communism, and the US policy of occasionally smashing into some third-world country to overthrow their government and replace it with a democracy. I have never understood why the US does that. Communism doesn't work very well in the real world, but who gave the US the right to decide how other countries should rule themselves? If we had a total anarchy system, they could do that and no-one would stop them, because there aren't any rules. If they don't like a particular form of government, there's no reason for them not to smash it. If there was a complete hegemony, it wouldn't matter so much because the only way that works is with a centralized world government anyway. If somehow there still were dictators, the hegemonic forces could smash in and oust them, because they're the hegemony. But as it is, we have separated nations that occasionally act as though they're in a hegemony while also pretending they have individual rights as countries. And that doesn't make sense. I have more to say but I'm ending this post now because it's a lot bigger than I'd realized compared to the three lines you wrote and it's only sorta on-topic.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Yeah, I'm not reading that Jedi.

If you're essentially saying that the US sucks, good on you. Way to jump on the bandwagon.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 12:03 pm

Tiel wrote:
Yeah, I'm not reading that Jedi.

If you're essentially saying that the US sucks, good on you. Way to jump on the bandwagon.
That's not what I said, which you would know had you read my argument. I do talk about the US, but you can replace that with pretty much any other country name and behavior and it works just as well. The US is an example. I could have used the British Empire, or most of the other European nations, but the US example is a few hundred years more recent.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 12:10 pm

That wasn't an argument. That was a textwall.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 12:25 pm

It's just saber-rattling. Unless Iran was threatening nuclear attacks (and the US response would be much more dramatic), it's just the int'l equivalent of yelling at the neighbor to keep the dog off your lawn.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 1:06 pm

Reassurance time.

We won't let it come to nuclear war. We want you guys to keep making advancements, so that when we are ready, we can get them for ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 4:57 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Reassurance time.

We won't let it come to nuclear war. We want you guys to keep making advancements, so that when we are ready, we can get them for ourselves.

You will have to take them from My cold Dead Hands.Owl.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Ok. Humans are weak enough that that threat doesn't scare be. I actually giggled.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:33 pm

The thought of a massive bird giggling is actually rather terrifying.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 7:36 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Ok. Humans are weak enough that that threat doesn't scare be. I actually giggled.

You're kidding, right? Orly

Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:28 pm

Don't. You. Even. Dare.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

Location : Probably being eaten bye tyranids on a unknown planet.

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:33 pm

Professor Fenway wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:

You're kidding, right? Orly

[Redacted for Curse Words]
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:39 pm

The battle of Apes vs Birds with stylish hair!

WHO WILL WIN?
WHO WILL DIE?
WHO WILL CUT THE OTHERONES HAIR?
HOW WILL THIS SCREW UP EVOLUTION?
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:41 pm

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
The battle of Apes vs Birds with stylish hair!

WHO WILL WIN?
WHO WILL DIE?
WHO WILL CUT THE OTHERONES HAIR?
HOW WILL THIS SCREW UP EVOLUTION?

[Redacted for Curse Words]
Back to top Go down
Shiva
Admin
Shiva

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 9:41 pm

*loads AA-12 with birdshot, mows down an Owl village*

Nothing to see here, folks, move along...
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 10:07 pm

I think it's high time to start redacting curse words. I will hold everyone accountable. THis is in light of forum moderation overhaul.

As such, Chapter Master, this is a warning. Your violation will not be tracked, but ALL be warned they will start to be.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 11:26 pm

Professor Fenway wrote:
I think it's high time to start redacting curse words. I will hold everyone accountable. THis is in light of forum moderation overhaul.

As such, Chapter Master, this is a warning. Your violation will not be tracked, but ALL be warned they will start to be.

ok Sad
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 1:05 am

Shiva wrote:
*loads AA-12 with birdshot, mows down an Owl village*

Nothing to see here, folks, move along...

Incorrect. Damage of birdshot rounds is negligible. Any real damage would occur 5-8 days later with infection.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 1:21 am

ACH0225 wrote:
Reassurance time.

Aren't you owls already super-advanced, what with interdimensional travel and all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You're kidding, right?   You're kidding, right? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You're kidding, right?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: