Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Lambda Leonis

Go down 
+10
Fenway
Joel
Last_Jedi_Standing
Julo
Soul of Jack
Tiel+
Commander Error
Caramell
Grand Imperial Thunder
ACH0225
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 11:23 pm

Railgun in H4. But for ship-effective ones, only one will fit on a frigate.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 11:25 pm

Tiel wrote:
But only those two MACs.

We've yet to see a sci fi franchise to efficiently miniaturize the MAC; in the series they star in they can comprise up to more than half of smaller ships.

ACH0225 wrote:
Railgun in H4. But for ship-effective ones, only one will fit on a frigate.

A MAC is just a coilgun. I see no reason why they wouldn't work in whatever size they are built. As long as sufficient power is supplied, a frigate can operate as many as it can fit.

Last edited by catsonmeth on Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 11:28 pm

You show me a frigate mounting two high yield coilguns and I'll show you a ship that defies physics.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 11:29 pm

They are not, in fact, coilguns. They are rail guns. Coil guns use coils, rail guns use rails. Huge difference.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
They are not, in fact, coilguns. They are rail guns. Coil guns use coils, rail guns use rails. Huge difference.

Thank you, Master Oto. I think a coilgun would be more feasible with the largest versions (Halo MAC size, which are coilguns) , though the simpler railgun design would be better for smaller weapons.

E: Oh, and here you are, Tiel 2 coilguns.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 11:56 pm

Tiel wrote:
You show me a frigate mounting two high yield coilguns and I'll show you a ship that defies physics.

That be a destroyer!
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:03 am

ACH0225 wrote:
Tiel wrote:

That be a destroyer!

Same size. Only the amount of armor are different.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:14 am

catsonmeth wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Tiel wrote:

That be a destroyer!

Then why don't they call it a heavy frigate? Because its a destroyer, that's why.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:26 am

Find somewhere else to talk about this.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 12:47 am

ACH0225 wrote:
catsonmeth wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Tiel wrote:

That be a destroyer!

Then why don't they call it a heavy frigate? Because its a destroyer, that's why.

Because Destroyer sounds better. If you add a MAC to a frigate, you get a destroyer.

BIC: If the Feles gets to jump out of ships, kill stuff, and risk his life in all this, I get to too, dammit. Thought Tetra as she boarded the stealth prowler Terracide. Or at least get a little of the action. She took her seat at the command chair in the bridge, more of a cockpit, really. Only three officers' stations and a pilot's seat were housed in the reinforced corundum-acrylic half-dome.

"Punch it, Nowoltzki. Let's get to Fenway's pod before that miner eats him."

"Aye. Setting coordinates now." Answered the navigator.

"Routing power to jump capacitors." Said Benson, on weapons and power.

The ship slid out of the dock and into Hyperspace, hopefully toward Fenway and Boris's pod.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 8:27 am

OOC: The ship you linked to is a destroyer, cats, which is basically two frigates glued together with a layer of armor. Jack's ship is a frigate. But trivial.

Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 9:08 am

Kobialka walked through Nex's frigate. A frigate was roughly the ame size as a mining barge but it seemed bigger because the frigate had so much more space. The cargo holds in a mining barge were'nt habitable so it's not like he ever went in them. He decided to take an hour to walk around the ship and think about what was going on. He had told himself just a week before that he wouldnt choose sides in this rebellion but it seemed like if the tyrranical military leader, Ash, took control of the system, it might effect his life as a merc. quite a bit. After all, he had been thrown in prison by those military scum. He deserved it... but just the fact that they HAD caught him made him pissed.

He was at a station attempting to steal a destroyer when it happened. And he still could. He knew that he would either break out or be broken out of that prison eventually. But he had not imagined it like this. He saw Fenway on the way to Nex's ship. Why would the military want Fenway in prison? Then again, he had'nt been caught up on his current events very much.

Kobialka had pictured his escape quite diferently. He imagined breaking out of his cell and running toward the nearest Police Ship. Those things looked bad-a** and he WANTED one badly. Oh well. At least he was out. He and Nex went back a little ways. About three years ago, he had saved Nex's life. So they were even now.

Kobialka walked to the bridge to see Nex. He still had'nt the lightest clue where they were going, if anywhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 4:49 pm

Tiel wrote:
OOC: The ship you linked to is a destroyer, cats, which is basically two frigates glued together with a layer of armor. Jack's ship is a frigate. But trivial.

OOC: I changed my post go read it again.

BIC:

"Ah hello Kobialka.
"Hello Nex,where are we going?"
"One of my Bases,and then off to find the Rebels."
"Ok then but why did you-"
"Get you out of prison?Because you saved my life more then once."
Nex smiled.
"And I also need a SiC."
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 5:20 pm

Jack Root wrote:
Tiel wrote:

OOC: I changed my post go read it again.

BIC:

"Ah hello Kobialka.
"Hello Nex,where are we going?"
"One of my Bases,and then off to find the Rebels."
"Ok then but why did you-"
"Get you out of prison?Because you saved my life more then once."
Nex smiled.
"And I also need a SiC."

OOC: you need a Standard Industrial Classification???
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:09 pm

Tiel wrote:

Considering a frigate is basically some titanium wrapped around a MAC, yes. But it's the firepower and armor that make a destroyer.
Back to ontopic.
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:59 am

OOC: n seriously. What's an SiC?
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:28 pm

OOC: Yes, a Standard Industrial Classification

BIC:

Ash gripped the control panel as the MAC cannon slammed against the Ragnarov. The lights flickered and the ship rumbled... but no explosions.

"Sir, shields hit by a low-power MAC," the shield operator said.

"Damage?"

"500 Gigawatts of Kinetic Energy. Shields holding. No damage." Ash smiled. The lights flickered again. "Again. 500 Gigawatts. Shields holding, no damage." A minute passed. "The last ship has jumped!"

Ash walked up to the bridge. Another sensor operator spoke up. "Sir! I've isolated each and every jump signature. Most of them have been masked, but a few have forgotten to mask their jump signatures!"

Ash's grin grew wider. "Tell me the locations."

"One appears to have jumped to Pylon 37. Another to a skyhook in orbit around Hellfire. Three others have jumped to Leonis C Alpha, Orbital Degrees 321.78, 298.16, and 100.71, respectively. The last has jumped to Leonis B, Dithar Co. orbital distribution facility." Ash looked quite thoughtful.

"Orders to the fleet," he quietly stated. "The Merlin will jump to the Dithar Co. facility, accompanied by a transport, the battleship Lucifer, and 2 destroyers. Sieze the facility and apprehend everyone in the facility. Nobody escapes. Permission to fire to disable or cripple." He paused.

"The Carrier Cobalt will jump to Pylon 37, accompanied by a transport, 3 frigates, and two battlecruisers. Sieze the facility and I.D check everyone there. Any known or suspected rebels are to be detained. No ships are to leave. Permission to fire only if fired upon." He played with a pen he procured from his pocket.

"3 groups of 4 frigates and a cruiser are to pursue each ship in Leonis C Alpha. Cripple the ships and detain everybody on board. Afterwards, destroy the ships." He sighed.

"The Ragnarov will jump to the skyhook with 2 frigates, 2 cruisers, the battleship Jotunheim, and the carrier Hornet. I will give further instructions there." He stood up.

"Each battle group is to send situation reports to me every 10 minutes. I will assume that any battlegroup that does not has been destroyed. The rest of the fleet is to resume normal patrol orders, log files 626."

Everyone in the room was looking at him. "Move out!"
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 6:36 pm

OOC: Am I the Pylon or the Skyhook?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Fenway and I are in the Skyhook. You're in the other..place. (short term memory loss)

Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:47 am

Commander Harrison watched as Duke Karth' paced the deck beside the command chair. 'Esh's workers referred to him as "Duke" because the Feles left a high position in his clan join the military. 'Esh's steps reverberated through the bridge, he was still wearing the boots of his armor. The commander could hear the Duke's jaws scraping against each other, practically see his split mandible moving under skin and fur. A Feles's mark of stress or, in the Duke's case, that someone was about to about to be chewed to the bone. Luckily for Harrison, it was the prior. A ping on the commander's console indicated the reception of a hyperspace communication. He ordered the communications officer to begin decryption.

"Sir, we've received a com from our Hellfire orbital probes." Said the commander.

'Esh nodded as acknowledgement.

"Decryption finished, commander. Sending contents to your station." The com officer said.

"It's an intercepted comm from Ragnarov, the Military command ship. Jump vectors of several rebel ships and... Us." Said Harrison.

"Continue on our course, max speed. Keri, I told you to mask our jump signature." Barked the Duke, dual frequencies of his rasping voice differentiating in his urgency.

"I did. They must've picked up residual signature from the planet. No. That's impossible, the-"

"Commander, what does the comm say of Fenway and Boris?"

"Exact coordinates. Military forces are moving to their position."

"Keri, send a comm to Tetra with the coordinates. Tell her to warm Terracide's weapons systems and ready shields. Her mission has become a rescue. What of Dithar?"

"Large force moving on Waste debris field."

"Keri, move all mobile units to the Inner Field, power shields on stations. Ready our Defense Platforms." 'Esh ordered as he ran off the bridge.

"Aye, sir. Messages away. We should arrive within the half hour with reactor and engines running hot." The AI said.

Last edited by catsonmeth on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 9:35 pm

OOC: Cats, I think you mean BIC not OOC
Back to top Go down
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Kobialka

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 9:29 pm

Kobialka gave Nex a good-hearted slap on the shoulder and walked off the bridge. Rebel it was then. Thinking back, he realized he had always been the rebellious sort. After all, he was a wanted thief.
Back to top Go down
_Shadowcat_
Infantry
Infantry
_Shadowcat_

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 12:19 am

I notice a blip on the security scanners, Oh dear it appears someone is warping in to greet us.
I pull up a com link "Are the new improvments installed?"
"Yes sir"
"Good good, Calculate when the enemy fleet will arrive and prepare to fire it just as they get here, I dont want them to have any chance of attacking us"
"Very well sir"
Heh, I knew spending a few million on a few Military grade spacemines would come in handy eh, And once that EMP kills there fleet it will be open season for my fighters!
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 12:49 am

_Shadowcat_ wrote:
OOC: Cats, I think you mean BIC not OOC

Yeah I meant to put something about Fenway's ship's shield surviving two high-speed low-mass MAC rounds as a bit (colossally, hugely, humongously, hugenormously) OP, but decided against it.

Fixed. Two days ago. Maybe I should put a little in the OOC as a little more in-depth reason why he's being called duke. Or I could place my comment here, however it would be more relevant if I put it up there. I suppose it doesn't really matter, so I shall write it here.

(For those of you that can't infer this my last paragraph)
'Esh is sometimes referred to as "Duke" by his workers as a jab at their boss's governmental predicament, both prior to his military training and his current standpoint financially and in the government. You see, he left a rather highborn position in his clan's hierarchy to roam the stars, obtaining extensive military training in the process. He left his position only to find it some years later as head of Dithar, gaining a huge supply of wealth and a significant pull in government. His employees now sometimes call him "Duke" because of this, but never to his face.

Again, this certainly doesn't matter very much at all, and I've wasted a good ten minutes of my life writing this, but otherwise I'd be *shudders* sleeping.
Back to top Go down
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 1:04 am

OOC: Now, I fail to see how you managed to procure a large fleet, military-grade weaponry, not to mention banned weaponry (, also top-secret/experimental weaponry (EMP is Military Experimental weaponry) in the middle of an ionic storm, within 2 weeks, all under the noses of a military presence of at least 75 seperate ships, hundreds of DRADIS systems, other government crackdowns, etc etc. It's like those movies where they sneak nuclear bombs in a plane to the U.S by hiding it in a box. Not only is security too tight for it to work, how did they get the nuclear weapon anyway? You're going a bit too far Shadow. I'll ignore some stuff.

And I apologize about the low-power MAC thing. I just believe that if a frigate has 2 MAC's on it, they aren't very powerful. If you want, I can change that.

BIC:

The Merlin's battlegroup jumped into a literal hornet's nest. As soon as they came into view they were bathed in weapons fire. Luckily for them, their shields were much stronger than civilian models that the defense platforms were designed for, and held.

The Merlin quickly sent a communication to Ash stating that their mission had been compromised and that Dithar Co. knows all of their plans.

Ash sent back a signal: Shoot to destroy.

The Merlin's bow split in four and rolled back, revealing a massive cannon. Electrical sparks arced around the ship as the barrel began to glow extremely bright. Taking the hint, the defense platforms and fleet began concentrating fire on it. The frontal shield began to dim, but power was redirected and it brightened.

It fired. A blinding beam leaped out of the ship and consumed the nearest defense station. The Merlin began turning, trying to catch as many ships as possible before the firing sequence was done. But it pushed a bit too far.

A massive power failure, owing to the experimental nature of the weapon, crippled the ship as the weapon drained the entire power reserve. Before secondary reactors kicked in, all systems shut down momentarily as the generators struggled to catch up. In the few precious moments the shield was down, no less than 8 missiles smashed into the Merlin. Alarms blared as the Halberd Beam System began to overload, thrown by damaged capacitors unable to disconnect the system. With no other choice, the Merlin pushed reactors to the max in an attempt to keep the shields up while the weapon discharges. Crews rushed to try and stop the weapon before it melts.

Another beam jumped out of the ship. And it curved. Rather than impacting the planet below, it latched onto a Dithar ship and simply crushed it. It then continued to latch onto ships, entirely indiscriminate, crushing two more cruisers, another defense platform, one military destroyer, and several pieces of debris before it was shut off.

The Lucifer had worse luck. Its targeting was messed up by the erratic motion of the debris. Rather than hitting intended targets, it blew up a nearby power transfer facility, a private sensor station, and a commercial freighter before it cleared targeting AI and reloaded the system.

The freighter exploded in a huge explosion, pelting the Lucifer with high-velocity shells. Several seemed to ignore the shield, and completely shut down the weapons system from the control area. Unable to fight, the Lucifer retreated.

The Merlin stayed a bit longer, but retreated as well. The transport was beaten back by heavy missile fire with extensive damage. The other destroyer lost power due to high-shield usage and barely got away.

Ash read this report, then sent a message to Dithar Co. "Consider yourself lucky. Not many can beat back a Military Capital Ship with Civilian weaponry! I would be more cautious from now on."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lambda Leonis   Lambda Leonis - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lambda Leonis
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Futurecraft Roleplay-
Jump to: