Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation

Go down 
+15
Commander Kobialka
Grand Imperial Thunder
_Shadowcat_
The Schmetterling
Dux Tell31
Hierarch Fenway
Iv121
Tiel+
Joel
ACH0225
Keon
blockman42
torrentialAberration
Captain stufuzzycat
Last_Jedi_Standing
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Shiva said I should make a poll, so...
I think this is a good idea and should be implemented.
A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Vote_lcap88%A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 88% [ 22 ]
I think this is a bad idea and should not be implemented.
A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Vote_lcap12%A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation   A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:13 pm

I still say the Egg of Anguish is the best option for dissenters.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation   A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:05 pm

I also think new members should need to be approved before being allowed access to the Server Stuff section. I've noticed that there are a lot of people who join and make a single post asking for a whitelist because they "joined the community". It'll also help keep our private servers private.
Back to top Go down
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant
Commander Error

PostSubject: Re: A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation   A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:13 pm

I second Avenger's motion.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation   A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 8:14 pm

I third it.
Back to top Go down
Dux Tell31
Recruit
Recruit
Dux Tell31

PostSubject: Re: A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation   A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:48 pm

What do the "judges" that where recently added do? What are their duties and what is the process of selecting them?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation   A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:56 pm

I believe the purpose of a Judge is just to monitor stuff in the Judiciary section, basically moderating just that subforum. I also think there's some staying power in votes to give points/bans as well, along with the Moderators.

I have no idea how they are selected. It was quite a pleasant surprise to me.

Back to top Go down
Richard_cypher
Richard_cypher

PostSubject: Re: A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation   A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:19 pm

One of the main problems I see is that there will always be people asking stupid questions. The new and stricter punishment system might anger new members who think their stupid question is valid so they leave. We want new and active members in here right? Even the stupid ones might suggest something that makes the pain and misery they inflict on us worth it. So what if there was a section that people could post questions that they think might have already been answered. This would also help to uncluttered forums as well and reduce the work load for Moderators. It would also keep the ideas flowing as people wouldn’t be scared of big brother punishing them because their question was answered in some obscure topic. People could ask if anyone has discussed a topic yet and members could point them to the appropriate topic.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation   A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:22 pm

You do realise that this is more or less finished?
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation   A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:48 pm

Like, 3 weeks ago. Unnecessary necro.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation   A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Alright. Although this isn't fully implemented yet, work has started on it, so I don't think it's news any more. It's no longer an announcement.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation   A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 6:40 pm

Yea.... I assume I am no longer considered for mod?
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation   A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 8:09 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Yea.... I assume I am no longer considered for mod?
Yes you are. You and Iv are due for promotion. It will probably happen when Shiva's arm is better.
Back to top Go down
Richard_cypher
Richard_cypher

PostSubject: Re: A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation   A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 4:41 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:

It will probably happen when Shiva's arm is better.

Man i've been gone for a while. What happened?
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation   A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 4:48 pm

LJS suggested a reform with more rules, point system for punishment and promotion of new mods which probably wont happen...
Back to top Go down
Richard_cypher
Richard_cypher

PostSubject: Re: A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation   A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 6:22 pm

Iv121 wrote:
LJS suggested a reform with more rules, point system for punishment and promotion of new mods which probably wont happen...

Yah i read the thread (insert EmoTiel's gif here). Meant to shiva's arm. should have been more specific.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation   A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Complete Overhaul of Forum Moderation
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3