Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Presidential Debates

Go down 
+13
Captain stufuzzycat
ACH0225
Tau
Avenger_7
Keon
fr0stbyte124
torrentialAberration
GLaDOS
hyperlite
The Schmetterling
Iv121
Soul of Jack
Tiel+
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Presidential Debates Empty
PostSubject: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:37 pm

I only caught the last 20 minutes or so of it, but did anyone else manage to watch it in time? Who do you think 'won'?
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Its still going in my time zone but I need to go to bed.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:54 pm

Jack Root wrote:
Its still going in my time zone but I need to go to bed.
I'm not sure you know how timezones work.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 4:41 am

From what I saw in our local news Obama was beaten. It's unsurprising including the fact Romney is better in economy. Obama seemed unsure in his words and tended to prolong them unnecessarily .
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 6:47 am

I think the whole election campaign is a bit over-the-top. Just vote for who you think is the better leader, not the person who spends the most money on winning.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:33 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
I think the whole election campaign is a bit over-the-top. Just vote for who you think is the better leader, not the person who spends the most money on winning.

The person who wins is the one who spends the most money convincing you he's the better leader. Candidates don't conjure up billions for bribes on voters each election like many foreigners seem to believe.

Last edited by Tiel on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:57 am

The debates are actually a very good idea as it perfectly presents you the candidate's opinion about topics that interest you, you know what to expect. We know what to expect from our candidates without debates because they all do nothing anyway ...
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:32 pm

I like how Iv knows so much about our politics but I can't name the leader of Israel.
Back to top Go down
GLaDOS
Infantry
Infantry
GLaDOS

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:40 pm

I just want a candidate who spends more time talking about himself and what he is going to do rather then slandering his opponent with outdated and ill founded "facts".
Back to top Go down
https://futurecraft.forumotion.com
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:16 pm

hyperlite wrote:
I like how Iv knows so much about our politics but I can't name the leader of Israel.
That's because you're an American. tongue
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:31 pm

hyperlite wrote:

because MURIKAH
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 4:08 am

hyperlite wrote:

Benjamin Netanyahu, at least until February when our elections hold place. Actually I would like to congratz him on a complete 4 year cycle, if this sentence sounds suspicious for you, you will find our political system quite crazy Smile . Actually it's not like Israel is that important to know it's leader , at least until it comes to nuclear weapons, the USA on the other hand will effect the whole world so everyone closely watches the development out there. Personally I support Romney as he will help global economy and our little country more than Obama (While I won't have to suffer from the higher taxes and smaller subsidies ). If Obama gets elected you will finally meet your true president as he has nothing to loose now (No 3rd election for you Obama sry ) and can act according to his ideals, and I'm not so sure he is pro-Israeli ...
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:24 am

Not sure why you would trust the global economy to a man who campaigns on a budget plan that's already been declared literally impossible, but to each his own.
Also, FYI, Obama has never done anything to reduce aid to Israel or so much as put it on the table, even amidst some of the objectively dickish things your government has been doing. And rest assured, even if he is personally opposed to it, taking a stance against Israel in Washington is career suicide, even for the president. The Israel lobby owns pretty much everybody.

Fact of the matter is you can't take anything in American politics at face value. Our media is a mockery of journalism, and people are figuring out that it doesn't matter if you get called out for making shit up. Just keep repeating the lie and public opinion will sway in your favor.
Did you know in some countries, news outlets can be fined for reporting things they know to be false? What a silly idea.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 6:31 am

Presidential Debates Captureir
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:13 am

I kind of liked the first question.
"Mitt Romeny will cut 5 tril on high income people!"
"Did not!"
"Did too!"
"Did so not!"
"Yeah he did!"
"I never did!"
"He did!"
"No I DIDN'T!"

Etc. For about what, 20 minutes. They really need a guy with a laptop who just says, "Sorry folks, in this case, ____ is right. The study is false, it studied the taxes paid by overseas teenage llamas. No duh, it was 0. Move on to your next point please."
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:22 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Not sure why you would trust the global economy to a man who campaigns on a budget plan that's already been declared literally impossible, but to each his own.
Also, FYI, Obama has never done anything to reduce aid to Israel or so much as put it on the table, even amidst some of the objectively dickish things your government has been doing. And rest assured, even if he is personally opposed to it, taking a stance against Israel in Washington is career suicide, even for the president. The Israel lobby owns pretty much everybody.

Fact of the matter is you can't take anything in American politics at face value. Our media is a mockery of journalism, and people are figuring out that it doesn't matter if you get called out for making shit up. Just keep repeating the lie and public opinion will sway in your favor.
Did you know in some countries, news outlets can be fined for reporting things they know to be false? What a silly idea.
Spoiler:

I agree 100%. I watched the entire debate, and I thought that even though Romney presented himself better, Obama won on what was actually said (I also don't like people who try to butt in during the other guy's half of the debate, but oh well Razz). The thing is, what Romney proposes will not work. He's also made a habit out of trying to say things spur-of-the-moment to get votes...that contradict what he's already established as his plan. The guy is NOT smart, and he came off (to me, as a Canadian) as a total jackass. And the media says he won, because he spoke with more energy. FML.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:04 am

Energy, the ability to convince others , not only Americans, ad give them the impression you are right is a very important quality in a politician. Wars can be decided depending on how the president held his speech. Also show me a president that EVER presented a true plan or EVER stood behind each of his words . And don't rule out Romney's plan. While he won't achieve what he truly wants he will reduce your national depth. The USA was built on the idea of free market. While this is a harsh environment it provides bigger opportunities for growth of business which allowed the USA become the biggest economy in the world. By trying to reduce taxes and increase subsidies you will take more money that you don't have (means bigger national depth, later on if you continue means economical collapse like during the great depression) unless you take this money from elsewhere. If you plan to take it from the rich it will end nowhere good because unlike you rich can effort moving to another country where they live better. That's what happened in Russia after the October revolution in 1918. The country was left without money and Lenin the communist was forced to return the rich class.
Back to top Go down
Tau
Infantry
Infantry
Tau

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:38 pm

Both candidates are awful in my opinion, but I'd have to vote for Romney, because I will never allow anyone to take our right to keep and bear arms. If anyone up there in DC tries, Texas better exercise their right (per their constitution) to secede if they know what's good for 'em. We love our guns down here.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:08 pm

ZeoNet wrote:
Texas better exercise their right (per their constitution) to secede if they know what's good for 'em.
You tried that already, remember? You may have the 'right' to secede, but if you do the US as a whole has the 'right' to burn down every city in the state.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:37 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
ZeoNet wrote:
Texas better exercise their right (per their constitution) to secede if they know what's good for 'em.
You tried that already, remember? You may have the 'right' to secede, but if you do the US as a whole has the 'right' to burn down every city in the state.

There's a large difference between attempting to ragequit the Union of your own accord with no due warning versus acting on a valid line of your constitution Neutral

Seriously, if you're going to try to be witty, research the facts first.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:22 pm

Tiel wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
ZeoNet wrote:

There's a large difference between attempting to ragequit the Union of your own accord with no due warning versus acting on a valid line of your constitution Neutral

Seriously, if you're going to try to be witty, research the facts first.
Somehow I doubt the Texas constitution would overrule the American constitution. I suppose I could be wrong, but I think if any state seriously tried that the military would intervene.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:45 pm

The constitution is vague on whether Texas has the right to secede or not, but it doesn't matter because no one in Texas's government is serious about trying.

I started looking up figures to debunk some of these other myths, but decided just to link stuff instead. In some circles this is considered social networking, and can be exchanged for fake internet points.

@Zeonet
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/where-obama-and-romney-stand-on-gun-control/2012/07/20/gJQAwMpNyW_blog.html
TLDR: Obama was never anti-gun. Romney used to be until he started campaigning and now tries to hide the fact. It is working because Republicans only see what they want to see.

@Iv121
http://www.epi.org/publication/ib343-obama-romney-job-growth/
TLDR: Obama's economic policy is meh, but Romney's will devastate the economy. You'd probably feel the impact even over there in Israel.
Additionally my taxes, and the majority of Americans, aren't raising at all under Obama. Health care is more affordable and accessible to more people, student loans have lower interest rates, and people on welfare have a much easier time finding employment. All that while the congress republicans were making it their job to ensure he had no political wins, to the point of sabotaging their own goddamn bills.
The idea that conservatives are better with budgets is a myth. The current batch is morons with no plans for the future, but whom are starting to realize just how much crap they can get away with saying and still have people believe them.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 12:15 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
The constitution is vague on whether Texas has the right to secede or not, but it doesn't matter because no one in Texas's government is serious about trying.

I started looking up figures to debunk some of these other myths, but decided just to link stuff instead. In some circles this is considered social networking, and can be exchanged for fake internet points.

@Zeonet
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/where-obama-and-romney-stand-on-gun-control/2012/07/20/gJQAwMpNyW_blog.html
TLDR: Obama was never anti-gun. Romney used to be until he started campaigning and now tries to hide the fact. It is working because Republicans only see what they want to see.

@Iv121
TLDR: Obama's economic policy is meh, but Romney's will devastate the economy. You'd probably feel the impact even over there in Israel.
Additionally my taxes, and the majority of Americans, aren't raising at all under Obama. Health care is more affordable and accessible to more people, student loans have lower interest rates, and people on welfare have a much easier time finding employment. All that while the congress republicans were making it their job to ensure he had no political wins, to the point of sabotaging their own goddamn bills.
The idea that conservatives are better with budgets is a myth. The current batch is morons with no plans for the future, but whom are starting to realize just how much crap they can get away with saying and still have people believe them.

Listen to one of the two people who can vote on the forum! Or maybe three!
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 2:08 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:

@Zeonet

@Iv121

Please come to my school and debate the crap out of my conservative indoctrinator history teacher.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:20 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:

@Iv121

I was talking about the state economy and not the social rights. It is natural that once he raises the taxes living will be harder but you cannot live with money you don't have (even though everyone does it and this is the reason for the eminent economy collapse). While Romney cannot get rid of the national depth he can reduce it (At least that’s what he plans to do). You cannot get the best out of everything because you are bound to end like Greece, they lived with money they didn't have, amazing social rights - Health care, free schools , free universities , free free free ... free that Greece didn't have, and now they have no choice but to tighten their belts but no the ppl of Greece want free but there is no free anymore. That means the next election their president probably won't win even though he saves the country.

You know what ? Hire Stanley Fisher and that's it. (He’s the current CEO of the bank of Israel (Kinda the federal reserve) , he is considered one of the best economists in the world and managed to minimize the effect of the latest economical crisis so almost nobody felt it here) . He BTW supports Romney ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presidential Debates   Presidential Debates Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Presidential Debates
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next