Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Guard-Ships and a Dropship !

Go down 
+4
Ivan2006
Captain stufuzzycat
Tiel+
GenBradley
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GenBradley

Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Empty
PostSubject: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:03 am

Hello anybody (in the galaxy Wink )
(Im new at the forum ( i think i said this already Laughing ) )

I builded some new planes :
SAGS- Type I ( Short-Area-Guard-Ship )
Spoiler:
MAGS- Type I ( Medium-Amored-Guard-Ship )
Spoiler:
HADoCS- Type I (Heavy-Armored-Drop-or-Cargo-Ship)
Spoiler:
Hope You like it !
And.... A Big ship will come......
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:18 am

Welcome!

These are really good ships, I look forward to your big one Very Happy

Some critique, though - Don't be afraid to go all out on the half blocks. They add a lot of detail to ships if you use them correctly, especially on smaller craft like this one. That said, you've got some real original designs going on that please the eye as well. Again, can't wait for your bigger craft Smile
Back to top Go down
GenBradley

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:22 am

Thanks
and yeah i know it must be look orginally , but it look weired with wooden stairs Laughing
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:43 am

Good use of RedPower, it really adds stuff to your ships. I was thinking of making some ships using it, do you think it would work well?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:51 am

I really like the first one with the ring type engine, it really workswith the ship, great work looking forward to your big ship.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Captain stufuzzycat wrote:
Good use of RedPower, it really adds stuff to your ships. I was thinking of making some ships using it, do you think it would work well?
Yeah, the main reason I´m currently not building any ships is that RP2 hasn´t updated to 1.3.2 yet.
I plan oon using it as well.
Back to top Go down
GenBradley

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:27 pm

Three words : Try it out ! And thanks Wink
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 12:33 pm

GenBradley wrote:
Three words : Try it out ! And thanks Wink
I did try out redpower already, but I updated MC to 1.3.2 and redpower isn´t available for that version yet.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 3:25 pm

I like the shapes of the guardships, very nice. Also, how do you have glass stairs??
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 3:36 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
I like the shapes of the guardships, very nice. Also, how do you have glass stairs??
Redpower Microblocks.
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:07 pm

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
Laserbilly wrote:
Redpower Microblocks are awesome.

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:34 pm

Use a new hull block, and don't build shuttles with wings and a tail like today's aircraft. Besides that, all good! I especially like the first ship, but I would add a block or two onto the front of it.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 6:48 pm

The Schmetterling wrote:
Use a new hull block, and don't build shuttles with wings and a tail like today's aircraft. Besides that, all good! I especially like the first ship, but I would add a block or two onto the front of it.

Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! 220px-X-wing
Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Viper-battlestar-galactica-3963084-700-525
Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Pelican
Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Hiigaran_interceptor
Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! 3927770661_f910fcdaab_o
Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! 49584074
Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! S7

My point? Wings are an integral part of any sci fi fighter design, and the concept can be extended to larger vessels.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:19 pm

Well, wings in most science fiction are like wings on helicopter gunships. They're not there for lift, they're there to be a mount for weapons or sensors or what have you. You notice that none of the vehicles you posted have wings that are anywhere near the size of the wings on a comparably sized aircraft. The X-wing might be the exception, but as you can see when the strike foils are in combat mode, they aren't much like normal wings either. And only one of those ships has even a small tail.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:23 pm

BOOM! Lawyered!

Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Coloni10

Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Ki19687

Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! My_obessions_circa_1980

Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuP1kFaJy9DMwLEHbpOfgnngwEw7MFUX6Kg1P9rlJYGwur8-Orxlb2QJGh

Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:56 pm

Yeah, the Vipers do have wings. There are plenty of ships that do. But look at how small they are. It should be obvious just by looking at them that they're not meant to function like modern aircraft wings. I don't know enough about BSG to tell you whether the weapons are mounted on the wings, but I'd bet they are. If they're not, something else will be.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:01 pm

Mackeroth didn't mean as in function, he meant wings period. "Do not construct wings in a manner similar to modern aircraft" is what I gleaned from it.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:15 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Yeah, the Vipers do have wings. There are plenty of ships that do. But look at how small they are. It should be obvious just by looking at them that they're not meant to function like modern aircraft wings. I don't know enough about BSG to tell you whether the weapons are mounted on the wings, but I'd bet they are. If they're not, something else will be.

The Colonial Viper flies in atmosphere in several episodes of both the original and the reimagined series.

Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! G80vipers

lawyered
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:52 pm

Laserbilly wrote:
Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:

The Colonial Viper flies in atmosphere in several episodes of both the original and the reimagined series.

Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! G80vipers

lawyered
Sure. So do X-wings, TIE fighters, you name it. But that doesn't mean that they get or expect to get any lift from those projections. I won't even call them wings, because they aren't.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:04 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
don't build shuttles with wings and a tail like today's aircraft.

I don't see a reference to functionality anywhere in here. Do you?

Good.

Because what he's saying is to remove a staple of spaceship design since the early 90s. If you agree with that sentiment, by all means, continue arguing. But if not you're in the wrong place.
Back to top Go down
GenBradley

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:16 pm

Spaceships CAN have Wings, but they needn't.

and the first picture of the big Ship :
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:42 pm

Cool, it looks a bit like a design for a destroyer I built, except straighter edges, and more interesting. Can't wait to see the rest!
Back to top Go down
GenBradley

PostSubject: New News about the "Big Ship"    Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi !
Im Working on a new Project because the old one was too weird .
(i was playing other games too, so i didnt get time the last days)
But here is the new one ! :
( i only take a screenshot from the shader , because you SHOULD guess what it is ! )
Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! 2012-110

Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 4:39 pm

It's a ship.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 4:58 pm

Looks more like zoidberg to me..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guard-Ships and a Dropship !   Guard-Ships and a Dropship ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guard-Ships and a Dropship !
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next