Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Faction Tiers

Go down 
+4
Appelsylt
Last_Jedi_Standing
Caramell
Ivan2006
8 posters

Should we use the classifications?
Definetly!
Faction Tiers Vote_lcap29%Faction Tiers Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Never! (please say why)
Faction Tiers Vote_lcap29%Faction Tiers Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
I am too lazy to click the links.
Faction Tiers Vote_lcap14%Faction Tiers Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
I will erase the last remaints of a Tier 3 civilisation called the Time Lords.
Faction Tiers Vote_lcap7%Faction Tiers Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
All hail the Doctor!
Faction Tiers Vote_lcap21%Faction Tiers Vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Faction Tiers Empty
PostSubject: Faction Tiers   Faction Tiers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:00 pm

I say we could use the Civilisation tiers used by the Sci-fi wiki in order to classify our factions.
Another stated option would be the Tier System from Halo.
Anyone agree/disagree/something else?

Last edited by Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Faction Tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Tiers   Faction Tiers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:08 pm

I feel like there aren't enough tiers.
According to this, most of us are tier II civilizations, so I feel like there's no idea using said systems.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Faction Tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Tiers   Faction Tiers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:09 pm

I like the ones from Halo better.
Back to top Go down

Faction Tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Tiers   Faction Tiers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:19 pm

I think we should use this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale but modified so that thee is also the decimal places EG: the C.T.I is a type 3.5
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Faction Tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Tiers   Faction Tiers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:38 pm

caltech117 wrote:
I think we should use this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale but modified so that thee is also the decimal places EG: the C.T.I is a type 3.5

the Sci-fi wiki classification would be a modified version of the Kardashev scale, but with differing also based on technology and other factors and introduce Tier 0 (e.g. RL earth is tier 0, because it hasn´t fully explored its solar system.

This thread is to find out if we even need/want a civilisation categorisation.

BTW, I got the Idea of using tiers cince ninjakiwi has accomplished to get from Type 0 (sci-fi wiki)/ Low Tier 4 (Halo) to Type 1 (sci-fi wiki)/ Tier 3 (Halo)
Back to top Go down

Faction Tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Tiers   Faction Tiers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:48 pm

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
caltech117 wrote:

the Sci-fi wiki classification would be a modified version of the Kardashev scale, but with differing also based on technology and other factors and introduce Tier 0 (e.g. RL earth is tier 0, because it hasn´t fully explored its solar system.

BTW, I got the Idea of using tiers cince ninjakiwi has accomplished to get from Type 0 (sci-fi wiki)/ Low Tier 4 (Halo) to Type 1 (sci-fi wiki)/ Tier 3 (Halo)

Well the real earth has tier 0.7 according to some physicist so I think we should use both that and halo version eg: the C.T.I is type 3.5/tier 3
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Faction Tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Tiers   Faction Tiers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:03 pm

caltech117 wrote:
caltech117 wrote:

Well the real earth has tier 0.7 according to some physicist so I think we should use both that and halo version eg: the C.T.I is type 3.5/tier 3

You mean Type 2.5
Type 3.5 would be ruler of the galexy and time travell in one faction.
Back to top Go down

Faction Tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Tiers   Faction Tiers Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 4:14 pm

caltech117 wrote:
caltech117 wrote:

You mean Type 2.5
Type 3.5 would be ruler of the galexy and time travell in one faction.

Good point.
Back to top Go down
Appelsylt

Faction Tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Tiers   Faction Tiers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:01 am

if we should use the sic-fi wiki tiers LJS would be the only one in tier three...
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Faction Tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Tiers   Faction Tiers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 11:58 am

Appelsylt wrote:
if we should use the sic-fi wiki tiers LJS would be the only one in tier three...
I think that counts as a necro.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Faction Tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Tiers   Faction Tiers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:12 am

I say don't bother with classifying factions, takes too much time and isn't really necessary, just stick with faction type and influence
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Faction Tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Tiers   Faction Tiers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:22 pm

Prototype wrote:
I say don't bother with classifying factions, takes too much time and isn't really necessary, just stick with faction type and influence

None of this is necessary, and all of it takes too much time.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

Location : Probably being eaten bye tyranids on a unknown planet.

Faction Tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Tiers   Faction Tiers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 3:29 pm

Prototype wrote:

Yea. Plus its pretty fucking impossible to classify the warhammer40k tech tree.. Seeing as there is none to speak of. Since all or most tech is over 10,000 years old and very little tech is still able to be made. Most if not all is found.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Faction Tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Tiers   Faction Tiers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:51 pm

Chapter Master Addeptis wrote:
Prototype wrote:

Yea. Plus its pretty fucking impossible to classify the warhammer40k tech tree.. Seeing as there is none to speak of. Since all or most tech is over 10,000 years old and very little tech is still able to be made. Most if not all is found.

And it is more magic than technology in some areas.
Back to top Go down
Chapter Master Addeptis
Recruit
Recruit
Chapter Master Addeptis

Location : Probably being eaten bye tyranids on a unknown planet.

Faction Tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Tiers   Faction Tiers Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:13 pm

The Schmetterling wrote:
Prototype wrote:

I think u mean psychic powers my firend. But yea pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Groot
Marine
Marine
Groot

Faction Tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Tiers   Faction Tiers Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 11:51 am

The Schmetterling wrote:
Prototype wrote:

Not magic, science.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

Faction Tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Tiers   Faction Tiers Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 10:37 pm

I think the Halo classifications work pretty well, but the actual classification of each faction is of some debate. For example, I'd place my civilization right at the border between I and II, and others would probably put it at a low 2 or high 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Faction Tiers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faction Tiers   Faction Tiers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Faction Tiers
Page 1 of 1