Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

A New World Order

Go down 
+12
fr0stbyte124
Pat Best
Shiva
Avenger_7
Keon
Captain stufuzzycat
Grand Imperial Thunder
eazymc
ACH0225
Ivan2006
Last_Jedi_Standing
Tiel+
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

A New World Order - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 1:30 am

A New World Order - Page 2 GTFO-HOUSE
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 1:40 am

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
Prime Arc Thunder wrote:
I still say everything would work fine if you killed everyone.

Unfortunately there are people who think that killing everyone would be a bad Idea...
Just saying dead people can't commit crimes, can't starve, and never complain.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 2:12 am

Tiel, I'm saying that government is not entirely a necessary institution. You always vouch for the "anarchy servers" because people mete out their own form of justice. The same is true of real life. It's surprising how much people's actions in minecraft mirror actual psychology. A good example is the closed map experiment that I based the Arena off of.

In any case, I would enjoy the collapse of society more than anyone. That's just who I am.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 2:38 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
Tiel, I'm saying that government is not entirely a necessary institution. You always vouch for the "anarchy servers" because people mete out their own form of justice. The same is true of real life. It's surprising how much people's actions in minecraft mirror actual psychology. A good example is the closed map experiment that I based the Arena off of.

In any case, I would enjoy the collapse of society more than anyone. That's just who I am.

I came to the realization, after playing MineZ and a few more PVP servers, that people are simply assholes. While that may be a semi-exhilarating mechanic in Minecraft, in real life it just equates to our extinction.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 2:51 am

Avenger_7 wrote:

That looks completely fake. If people were taking it seriously and not just RPing, there wouldn't be just 4 blocks of grass at the end, and someone trying to protect a stone building with iron doors would be laughed out of the room.

Also there's no way that damage wasn't done with tnt. No strip mining players would leave the area so jagged and inconvenient to travel across, especially if they were putting in as much time as would be required to strip away that much material. You would see flat roads cut out, and ugly cobblestone patches to fill in holes since no one would be wasting resources to make smoothstone.

Oh, and the strip mine has no way down or any indication that one was ever there. Griefers are never so meticulous as to completely remove something when making holes and dumping lava over things is so much faster and just as effective.

None of this is even getting into the fact that the story sounds unrealistic if people were taking the loss of resources seriously, not that anyone could possibly burn through that many basic resources like iron in just two months (during windows in which everyone can be on no less).

If you want a more realistic version of an anarchy map, take a look at the Miner Apocalypse server some time (http://www.reddit.com/r/minerapocalypse). Most of the area looks completely untouched except for abandoned buildings here and there, or roads made of cobblestone and torch lit holes in the sides of mountains. However, if you go underground, there are long branching mines practically everywhere. The few large settlements are constantly looted and griefed and only stay up as long as people are willing to give griefers things to destroy. Then they are abandoned and never change again. Everyone's real houses are deep underground and have your basic necessities, but no one makes terribly elaborate things because they are prepared to abandon the site if it becomes discovered, and this happens all the time because x-raying is rampant. But there was only one spot on the entire map that looks anything like this, and it was done by a group that had amassed a massive amount of tnt and went to town on another base one night, so yeah, there's no way that damage in the pictures was done by hand.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:12 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

That looks completely fake. If people were taking it seriously and not just RPing, there wouldn't be just 4 blocks of grass at the end, and someone trying to protect a stone building with iron doors would be laughed out of the room.

Also there's no way that damage wasn't done with tnt. No strip mining players would leave the area so jagged and inconvenient to travel across, especially if they were putting in as much time as would be required to strip away that much material. You would see flat roads cut out, and ugly cobblestone patches to fill in holes since no one would be wasting resources to make smoothstone.

Oh, and the strip mine has no way down or any indication that one was ever there. Griefers are never so meticulous as to completely remove something when making holes and dumping lava over things is so much faster and just as effective.

None of this is even getting into the fact that the story sounds unrealistic if people were taking the loss of resources seriously, not that anyone could possibly burn through that many basic resources like iron in just two months (during windows in which everyone can be on no less).

If you want a more realistic version of an anarchy map, take a look at the Miner Apocalypse server some time (http://www.reddit.com/r/minerapocalypse). Most of the area looks completely untouched except for abandoned buildings here and there, or roads made of cobblestone and torch lit holes in the sides of mountains. However, if you go underground, there are long branching mines practically everywhere. The few large settlements are constantly looted and griefed and only stay up as long as people are willing to give griefers things to destroy. Then they are abandoned and never change again. Everyone's real houses are deep underground and have your basic necessities, but no one makes terribly elaborate things because they are prepared to abandon the site if it becomes discovered, and this happens all the time because x-raying is rampant. But there was only one spot on the entire map that looks anything like this, and it was done by a group that had amassed a massive amount of tnt and went to town on another base one night, so yeah, there's no way that damage in the pictures was done by hand.

It's possible. Look at the old Arena map on my server. Yes, there were much fewer resources, but with an average of 4 players online we completely deforested the map within a week. I would have done it by day 2 if not for Factions.

Also, a true anarchy server has unlimited resources. When you have to work to sustain yourself, then you need to act differently.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 5:44 am

Give everyone more oxytocin; then everyone will be happy, and no governmental overhaul is needed!
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:56 am

Finally, someone who speaks sense around here!
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 2:27 pm

A "Hive" mind.Just a Idea.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Hive minds don't work.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:31 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
Hive minds don't work.
Unless you are an ant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Prime Arc Thunder wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Hive minds don't work.
Unless you are an ant.

Or the borg.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Marine
Marine
Joel

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 3:43 pm

caltech117 wrote:
Prime Arc Thunder wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Hive minds don't work.
Unless you are an ant.

Or the borg.

Or the Daleks, even though they call their's the Pathweb.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 5:42 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
caltech117 wrote:
Prime Arc Thunder wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Hive minds don't work.
Unless you are an ant.

Or the borg.

Or the replicators.

It's funny how we associate "hive minds" with evil. I think such a system would work. Not the way we wanted it too, but it would work.
Back to top Go down
Grand Imperial Thunder
Infantry
Infantry

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 6:06 pm

The Schmetterling wrote:
Vinyl Scratch wrote:
caltech117 wrote:
Prime Arc Thunder wrote:
ACH0225 wrote:
Hive minds don't work.
Unless you are an ant.

Or the borg.

Or the replicators.

It's funny how we associate "hive minds" with evil. I think such a system would work. Not the way we wanted it too, but it would work.
Hive minds do tend imply a lack of free will, which in most cases is considered EVIL!
A New World Order - Page 2 2522016478530769220lc3WtYGc
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:

V Definition of troll V
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 7:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Pat's right. I just realized that he is completely right.
Back to top Go down
Pat Best
Marine
Marine
Pat Best

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 10:11 am

Keon wrote:
Pat's right. I just realized that he is completely right.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New World Order   A New World Order - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New World Order
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2