Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Player Species

Go down 
+10
hyperlite
Ivan2006
Last_Jedi_Standing
Keon
eazymc
Iv121
torrentialAberration
ACH0225
fr0stbyte124
Tiel+
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

Player Species - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Species   Player Species - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:01 am

I never read this, I noticed I was mentioned.

Please proceed to ban me for this, but...

NECRO

Now, past that...

I think the problem with balanced stats goes something like this: Avians can fly, humans cannot. Since they are both sentient and equally capable, whats to keep people from only choosing Avians? What traits do Humans have that matches flying? I mean, if you can fly, no need to worry about mobs, or flying while delivering laser fire, or something.

Or plants. They don't need food, as long as they have sun... Actually, I see the balancing factor there. They have to have a lot of sunlight or they die... I can see a lot of plant cities with lots of glass now...

In space too. Far away from the sun, on a cold moon, you'll need artificial light arrays for the proper nutrients.

Anyway, unbalanced without proper thought. I may be smarter than most, but I become weaker than most. You must give to take.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Player Species   Player Species - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 1:14 am

That's something to be avoided, surprised I forgot to mention it in my post. That's the primary problem with Shores of Hazeron, though do note that I never said Avians could fly or anything like that. It could be purely aesthetic.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Player Species   Player Species - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 5:45 am

I think it's a bad idea. It will cause too much pain.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Player Species   Player Species - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Well, I´ve been thinking about this a lot recently as well and I came to the following conclusion:

Every Species has its pro-skills.
so every Species would also have a downside.

How about:

Human is standard Minecraft Character, nothing special.

Avians (a.k.a. owls) can fly, but have only 50% health compared to a human. And they can fly only limited time, then their "fly-bar" has to recharge, which it only does when standing savely on the ground.

Equestrians would be split into 3 sub-categories (you get to chose one if you become Equestrian)
Earth-Pony: basically like Human, just different model
Pegasus: like Avians, only pony.
Unicorns: double reach at attacking and mining/placing blocks, but unable to deal any demage without weapons.
Alicorns: OP

Fauna: scratch that one. The problem with plants is that they can´t move. If they were able to move, they would be animals using photosynthesis (what actually would be an interesting concept, but for some reason there is not a single species on earth that fits the description)
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Player Species   Player Species - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 3:01 pm

Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:
Well, I´ve been thinking about this a lot recently as well and I came to the following conclusion:

How about:

Avians (a.k.a. owls) can fly, but have only 50% health compared to a human. And they can fly only limited time, then their "fly-bar" has to recharge, which it only does when standing savely on the ground.

Equestrians would be split into 3 sub-categories (you get to chose one if you become Equestrian)
Unicorns: double reach at attacking and mining/placing blocks, but unable to deal any demage without weapons.

Fauna: scratch that one. The problem with plants is that they can´t move. If they were able to move, they would be animals using photosynthesis (what actually would be an interesting concept, but for some reason there is not a single species on earth that fits the description)

They would be living, walking plants. I'm also not in favor of the 'specialties', per say, it'd just be for the sake of making it seem more like an actual galaxy then just Earth Empire. Even with specialties, none of this MLP stuff. If my idea was going for that I'd have inserted Finches and Owls and Cockatiels into Avian. The goal here is to have generic races that represent anything anyone could want to be via textures.

For example, Avians can easily be turned into Owls or Cockatiels by just retexturing the base model. You could texture the Equestrian model to look like Rainbow Dash *shrug*.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: Player Species   Player Species - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 3:03 pm

Tiel wrote:
Surp. Grm. Ivan Kintobor wrote:

How about:

They would be living, walking plants. I'm also not in favor of the 'specialties', per say, it'd just be for the sake of making it seem more like an actual galaxy then just Earth Empire. Even with specialties, none of this MLP stuff. If my idea was going for that I'd have inserted Finches and Owls and Cockatiels into Avian. The goal here is to have generic races that represent anything anyone could want to be via textures.

For example, Avians can easily be turned into Owls or Cockatiels by just retexturing the base model. You could texture the Equestrian model to look like Rainbow Dash *shrug*.

Okay, I just said an Idia what would be a way of adding specialties.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Player Species   Player Species - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 6:12 pm

I think an insignia would be nice. A small emblem that marks them as military, civilian, or other organization and their rank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Species   Player Species - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Player Species
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2