Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

This must be decided : Aliens ?

Go down 
+11
Hierarch Fenway
The Schmetterling
Richard_cypher
torrentialAberration
Captain stufuzzycat
Caramell
Last_Jedi_Standing
fr0stbyte124
ACH0225
Delta
Iv121
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which aliens ?
Standard aliens
This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 7 ]
Ancient aliens
This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 41% [ 20 ]
Hostile aliens
This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 10 ]
No aliens
This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 5 ]
SPACE COOOKIEZ !!1!1!!!11!1!
This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 49

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Hierarch Fenway
DEV
DEV
Hierarch Fenway

This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:34 pm

You can only vote once.

Enough said.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 12:54 pm

You can select multiple votes if you didn't notice. Cancel your vote and check it out ...

Also the fact you can cancel your vote means you can vote multiple times Razz .

Also what did you mean by "Enough said" ? Did you mean that I lied ?

ACH0225 wrote:
Did you ever read the cool3303 thread on aliens?

Do you suggest to implement it ? If not than I don't think I'm going to read it ...
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:13 pm

That thread is the single reason I think most people oppose aliens.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:33 pm

So lets not read it ?
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:58 pm

I was more meaning it has all the ideas that are forbidden in it, like playable alien races.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Wow wow, if cool suggested an idiotic way of doing it it's his business. Those aliens do not differ so much from regular humans. This is a place to make the futurecraft universe more varied, Allowing you to visit and explore new places (Alien cities !) and enrich the Futurecraft lore. They may have little stat differences but not more than that.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:08 pm

It also had all the previous ideas for aliens, mixed with cool's idiocracy. I think we should just have no aliens, and no lore.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:28 pm

Well we can delete the wiki than, all we wrote so far is lore anyway ... That's why I bring up this question BTW.
Currently the list of cons has only one entry to which I gave a counter. If you want to publish more cons and possibly effect the votes tell them here so I will add them.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 3:15 pm

Cons: Aliens are a bad idea
Will be abused
Are sorta like testificates, and will be ignored and then slapped on to rush the finishing of the mod.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 4:47 pm

Aliens are a bad idea is a statement, that you are supposed to support with cons.

Will be abused is a con but before I enter it can you explain in which way ?
Also I didn't get the last one with testificates.

If they will cut it out to release the mod earlier it is possible to add them later on.
Back to top Go down
Redbud201
Redbud201

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:21 pm

In my humble opinion, I believe that NPC/mobs are a necessary component for game balance and goal-oriented gameplay.
Without it, Futurecraft would still be a spaceship building game, and a ship to ship combat simulator, but not a universe wrought with danger and the wonder of the unknown.
That, I think, is a large part of the appeal of space.

What I propose is a solution that would add to the possibilities in-game, but not necessarily the main objective, (or whatever goal the players decide to pursue).
This is important so as to be compatible with multiple people's visions of the futurecraft universe.

Proposal: THE BORG
They would be a space-faring group of hostile mobs that cybernetically alter and brainwash the species they come across to serve in their collective fleet.
They would patrol deep space and asteroid belts with a variety of ships, (light fighter craft, transport vessels, stealth ships, battle cruisers, and Borg-Cube style motherships.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This means that instead of players going around with only the choice of fighting each other, they can have resistance to fight against, even if they're an isolated server.
It would encourage less sabotage and more group-cooperation.

Also, it would mean that to explore the universe and mine the resources outside the player's home world,
it would be a journey and a struggle, of wits and strength, rather than an "empty mine", so to speak.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also have an idea of some good Borg/mob types as well, but first I would like to see what other people have to say in regard to this idea.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:33 pm

PvE events are not necessarily a bad thing, but it won't be the Borg in any case.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Redbud201 wrote:
Spoiler:

NEECCROOOOOO,(okay, not a necro... I think the days have gotten longer) but a good one. The largest problem I see with extra terricraftials is that this is a server to server game. It wouldn't make sense for you to discover some alien species in your spawnsytem then travel to another system and find some minecrafters like you.

I think that some backstory would be good just to set up the mod. Have some data banks in alien ruins that say that the Ancients placed early Mine sapiens on different planets throughout the galaxy. If this lore (Ancients messing with pre-agricultural sentient life) is set in place, then alien NCPs could make some sense.

Last edited by catsonmeth on Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:01 pm

It takes more than a week for something to be a necro, and it's not a necro if you are actually contributing something.
Lore is good, though I'm not sure how something like that would be handled. Also, we should avoid having cookie cutter systems. there should be areas with lots of new players and have other servers remain uncharted.
Back to top Go down
Redbud201
Redbud201

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:11 pm

Clarfication: It could be any group of space-pirate like bad guys that go and raid space areas for resources.

Perhaps they would have a massive Mothership/"Space Dungeon" as a base of operations that would slowly make its course throughout the solar system,
Then, a certain radius from the "base", they would send out raiding parties.

They WOULD stay in space though, as it would be too costly and or dangerous to attack a colony on its home world.

Their purpose would be to provide danger and resistance on the way to collect resources, but not to devastate people's homes and cities.
Seriously, there could be any back-story to these guys, just so long as they're there.

Richard_cypher

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 11:24 pm

The Borg were always my favorite bad guys.

I still like the idea of a race of Reavers (evil, corrupt, cannibalistic, savages) that roam space attacking anyone within range. Their goal is to capture the ship and take it over. This will fix the idea of "everyone" wanting special aliens for themselves and alien like environments. This will also make moding the game a bit easier too. Everyone's urge for a alien race will have been quelled for a time, letting you guys focus on the more important stuff. Plus once the "reavers" start to capture a lot of ships, they could become a big threat over time if left unchecked and coded properly. It could be the start of some really cool RPing.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 10:56 am

Redbud201 wrote:
Space Dungeon

Stop giving Hyperlite ideas.

I'm scared now.
Back to top Go down
hyperlite
Captain
Captain
hyperlite

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:39 pm

Keon wrote:
Redbud201 wrote:
Space Dungeon

I'm scared now.

Space dungeon you say?

This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 2ah8x9j
Back to top Go down
Soul of Jack
Infantry
Infantry
Soul of Jack

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 8:29 pm

hyperlite wrote:
Keon wrote:
Redbud201 wrote:
Space Dungeon

I'm scared now.

Space dungeon you say?

This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 2ah8x9j
Oh no...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This must be decided : Aliens ?   This must be decided : Aliens ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This must be decided : Aliens ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2