Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Sun exploition

Go down 
+5
ACH0225
Last_Jedi_Standing
The Schmetterling
Ivan2006
Tyranid_Player
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyranid_Player
Tyranid_Player

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:27 am

How are you going to prevent that suns will be exploited ? Theoretically suns are nothing else than an oversized fusion reactors and by placing solar panels around the sun
you get an (practically) infinite amount of energy.
To explain you what I mean just imagine I would place solar panels around the sun every panel has an Mass Generator and can rebuild it self.This might start slowly but it speeds up expondentially and after an relative short time I could have mantled the sun completely with solar panels which grant me an (practicaly) infinite amount of energy and build an huge star base around themselves (this gives the word deathstar an completely new meaning) at this Stage I cant be defeated and Am Invulnerable.
Something that should never happen. WHat are you planning to do against something like this?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:02 am

Tyranid_Player wrote:
How are you going to prevent that suns will be exploited ? Theoretically suns are nothing else than an oversized fusion reactors and by placing solar panels around the sun
you get an (practically) infinite amount of energy.
To explain you what I mean just imagine I would place solar panels around the sun every panel has an Mass Generator and can rebuild it self.This might start slowly but it speeds up expondentially and after an relative short time I could have mantled the sun completely with solar panels which grant me an (practicaly) infinite amount of energy and build an huge star base around themselves (this gives the word deathstar an completely new meaning) at this Stage I cant be defeated and Am Invulnerable.
Something that should never happen. WHat are you planning to do against something like this?

Noone ever said we were going to have replicators and such.
I request to reform this thread into a discussion about replicators.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:35 am

Good luck with that, Tyranid.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 9:51 am

Why shouldn't it happen? That would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
ACH0225
General
General
ACH0225

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:48 am

I would doubt you would remain unattacked during this. They come in with a few frigates, pew pew pew your base.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:52 pm

Blocks will only be active in fully loaded areas, same as regular Minecraft, and that area is significantly smaller than the draw region. That's not going to stop being a limitation, so Dyson spheres just aren't going to work.
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:04 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
I would doubt you would remain unattacked during this. They come in with a few frigates, pew pew pew your base.
Not if it is shielded.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:01 pm

You could always send a Sun Crusher in to mine it safely.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:46 pm

Cad Bane wrote:

Alarm!
All units to battlestation!
He said the forbidden ship!
Prepare for incoming macerothian dragon!
Back to top Go down
Tyranid_Player
Tyranid_Player

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:30 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
Blocks will only be active in fully loaded areas, same as regular Minecraft, and that area is significantly smaller than the draw region. That's not going to stop being a limitation, so Dyson spheres just aren't going to work.

There is an own word for it Shocked WOW

It will still be an big area and deploy alot of energy and by turning it into an starbase entity I could even expand the loaded region space.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:47 am

I'm not sure what the surprise is about. This is the same way Minecraft normally works. If you were playing with industrial craft, you can't expect to get power from solar cells when you aren't in the area.
Back to top Go down
Tyranid_Player
Tyranid_Player

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:51 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
I'm not sure what the surprise is about.

-_- wrote:
, so Dyson spheres just aren't going to work.

There is an own word for it Shocked WOW

Sun exploition Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa29tXubXTvKM282xyilDIpdMu0DdEmHnicTKYNozVrnb0VznoBg
Back to top Go down
Captain stufuzzycat
Sergeant
Sergeant
Captain stufuzzycat

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:56 am

fr0stbyte124 wrote:
I'm not sure what the surprise is about. This is the same way Minecraft normally works. If you were playing with industrial craft, you can't expect to get power from solar cells when you aren't in the area.

Tekkit recently added a mod called Dimensional Anchors that adds a block that keeps 1 chunk loaded, even if there isn't anyone near it. I for one will be using them on my Tekkit server, because I set up my base in a Mushroom Kingdom, so I have to stay logged in for anything to happen passively.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Darth Malak wrote:
No you couldn't. The Sun Crusher was equipped to destroy stars, not mine them. Another ship with quantum-crystalline armor could do it.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:35 pm

Darth Revan wrote:
Darth Malak wrote:
No you couldn't. The Sun Crusher was equipped to destroy stars, not mine them. Another ship with quantum-crystalline armor could do it.

All you'd need is a refit in the equipment and it's a Star Miner!
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:38 pm

Darth Malak wrote:
Darth Revan wrote:
Darth Malak wrote:

All you'd need is a refit in the equipment and it's a Star Miner!
That would be a heck of a refit. For it to be modified enough to efficiently mine a star's energy, it would really have to become a whole different ship. It wouldn't bear any resemblance to a Sun Crusher anymore.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 12:39 pm

Yes it would.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:25 pm

Darth Krayt wrote:
Yes it would.

Do you know the size of a sun crusher?
It´s as big as a larger starfighter.
You can´t mine stuff efficiently with a ship that small.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:02 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Darth Krayt wrote:
Yes it would.

Do you know the size of a sun crusher?
It´s as big as a larger starfighter.
You can´t mine stuff efficiently with a ship that small.

Yes you can.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:25 pm

Darth Angral wrote:
Darth Malak wrote:

Use Destiny.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sun exploition Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun exploition   Sun exploition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sun exploition
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Idea Center-
Jump to: