Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Share | 

Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:50 am

Pirate ships were swarming around the Technotronic diplomatic ship. Simon, the engineer, was even madder than usual.
"How in the holy name of Notch did they get through our defence field?" he said to the captain.
"I don't know. But since we don't have any weapons, there is nothing we can do."
"May I come with a suggestion?" It was the captain's assistant. "What if we just let the pirates aboard, then we won't at least die."
"I am afraid that is the only solution." said the captain. "De-activate the core."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:49 am

We need to quote previous story spinets so we can see where the story snippet is continuing from. That is a request, not a speculation.

Noli timere tenebras quam lucem, id est tortor.

Spoiler:

Mackeroth est abiit. Hinc abiit, et misit me in profundum subconscious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:58 am

Daynel wrote:
Pirate ships were swarming around the Technotronic diplomatic ship. Simon, the engineer, was even madder than usual.
"How in the holy name of Notch did they get through our defence field?" he said to the captain.
"I don't know. But since we don't have any weapons, there is nothing we can do."
"May I come with a suggestion?" It was the captain's assistant. "What if we just let the pirates aboard, then we won't at least die."
"I am afraid that is the only solution." said the captain. "De-activate the core."

"Wait!", the captain's assistant said, "I have a better idea!"
"Oh, let's hear it?"
"We set the reactor to overload, let them board the ship, then beam aboard one of the pirate's vessels! Most of the pirates would come over here, and we could easily overpower their captain and any pilots still on board."
"You know, that just might work... send a message to them: we surrender."
The captain walks over to the internal communications and messages Simon their plan. Simon says that once the reactor is in overload mode, it will explode within five minutes. The pirate ships will pick up the energy signature and leave after two. Or so he hopes.

Is their any reason why the pirates are attacking: does the ship have a precious cargo, etc? Is there a fault in the plan that wouldn't work due to the nature of the predicament? If there are any errors, please correct them by editing my text for next time.

Noli timere tenebras quam lucem, id est tortor.

Spoiler:

Mackeroth est abiit. Hinc abiit, et misit me in profundum subconscious!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:11 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
"Wait!", the captain's assistant said, "I have a better idea!"
"Oh, let's hear it?"
"We set the reactor to overload, let them board the ship, then beam aboard one of the pirate's vessels! Most of the pirates would come over here, and we could easily overpower their captain and any pilots still on board."
"You know, that just might work... send a message to them: we surrender."
The captain walks over to the internal communications and messages Simon their plan. Simon says that once the reactor is in overload mode, it will explode within five minutes. The pirate ships will pick up the energy signature and leave after two. Or so he hopes.

Aboard at the pirate head vessel, the feared captain Mark Shadow is enjoying his easy victory. Soon the diplomatic ship's hull will be pierced and the crew dead, and then they can just salvage it back to their home planet and install the dreadnought core they stole last week.

Suddenly a message came over the radio:
"This is Technotronics Diplomatic ship ID 33495. We surrender, the core is now deactivated."
Captain Shadow grinned. "Listen up, guys, we just got a whole bunch of slaves."

Back at the T.C (Technotronics) ship, the crew was getting on their space suits and leaving out the secret exit. outside they could see the pirates get out of their own ships and prepairing to board the diplomatic cruiser.
"I blocked the core as well," said Simon. "Now they won't get anywhere."
"Great." said the captain. "Now let's take their vessels."

The pirates had entered the cruiser. There were no sign of life anywhere.
"Where is my slaves?" he said.
One of the pirates suggested the bridge, so that was where they went.
When they got to the bridge, the captain noticed a warning light.
"What does it mean when it sais 'reactor overload'?" he asked his engineer.
"It means this is a trap! The ship will explode any minute!"
"Back to the ships!" ordered the captain.
"I don't think that is possible" said one of the pirates.
"Why not?"
The pirate pointed out the window at the leaving vessels.
Captain Mark Shadow turned mad. Really, really mad.
"I will kill you for this, stupid techno.."
And the ship blew up, killing all the pirates aboard.

But the T.C crew still had a problem: The only ship they now had, was without ID marks. And everyone in the whole galaxy knew what that meant: pirates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:59 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
As the Striforme fleet of 44 ships, and hundreds of fighters, prepared for battle with this unknown enemy ship, the Fleetmaster reflected on the ways this bloodshed could not have happened. If the laws of physics weren't so fluid in stopping time travel, they could have eliminated all opposition before they knew they existed.

Oh how times have changed...

The captain of the small ship stared at the monstrosity that had just locked on to his cruiser. The Archangel of Wrath was invisible to most ships DRADIS systems, but High Captain Avenger knew from close to two centuries of warfare against myriad aliens that not all detection systems worked the same.
"Captain, I'm detecting an energy spike in the approaching dreadnought. It seems like it's charging weapons."
The Reconnoissance Officer was a new addition to his crew. After the war that brought down the Old FCE and led to the formation of the UF, Avenger had been left as the TRU's main representative in the region, and many of his veteran officers had been reassigned to more active warships. Unfortunately, the lack of conflict in the region meant that some members of his crew had almost no combat experience.
But that was about to change.
"Open doors on the ventral torpedo tubes, set to detonate on impact and fire at full capacity. Charge shields to 30%, but I want our capacitors full and ready to initiate a shield pulse. Load a solid round into the Hammer, and get me a firing solution focusing on that energy signature. Open outer doors just prior to firing. I want to hide our capabilities until the last second," the captain responded with barely disguised enthusiasm. Avenger smiled. The Hammer-class accelerator was among the most dangerous weapons in the known universe. In nearly 300 years of warfare, there had yet to be a ship take a direct hit and survive. And with the emission shielding on the Archangel, there would be no trace of the incredibly advanced TRU weaponry. Whoever this was, they were in for a nasty surprise...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Error
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:22 pm

Sagitaria cruised through an asteroid field, scanning. her fleet followed close behind, dodging tubling rocks.

Error glared at his DRADIS screen. "So where's the damn mining station?" he said, mainly to himself. He glanced about, and signalled his XO. "Get feelers out there. If a spaceworm takes a dump inside our range, I want to know about it." He said, then walked out of the CIC and towards the flight pod.

Turning the corner, he walked right up the ramp of his personal Raptor, ignoring the deck crew, closed the hatch, lit the engines, and flew out of the flight pods, determined to find something or blow apart the rocks to do the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:39 pm

"Fleetmaster!" Cried the Ensign of Detection, "We're detecting high powered torpedoes being prepared to be launched!"
"Calm. Ensign of Attack, ready point defense lasers, and fire batteries A1-50 at the torpedo tubes, and fire B1-25 at their engines, and the rest at their comms array. We don't want them squealing. Ensign of Vehicles, launch a score of boarders." Said the Fleetmaster calmly.
There were flashes of light on the DRADIS display as the torpedoes were destroyed by the point defense lasers, however, one of them made it through. As the torpedo neared the ship, it was struck by a burst of laser fire, and detonated before it could make impact. The shockwave of energy from the missile buffeted the ship, but the armour's upper non-reactive layer took most of the punch out of it. As the missiles were destroyed, the ship fired a volley of anti-ship coilgun rounds. The first few rounds impacted against the shields, but the rest went through, their heavy ferrous-tungsten bodies crippling the ship's engines, comms array, and torpedo tubes. Then the boarders came. Their drilling, tail-like appendages cut through the armour and deposited some 70 highly trained Strigiforme spec-ops soldiers, each equipped with pressure guns, designed to implode bones and organs. The ship's crew never stood a chance. The soldiers cleared the whole ship, killing anything that moved that wasn't them with no remorse. A few hours later, the Beauty of Annihilation gracefully moved its half kilometer bulk into position to take the ship into its cargo bay to be dissected and examined.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:53 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
"Fleetmaster!" Cried the Ensign of Detection, "We're detecting high powered torpedoes being prepared to be launched!"
"Calm. Ensign of Attack, ready point defense lasers, and fire batteries A1-50 at the torpedo tubes, and fire B1-25 at their engines, and the rest at their comms array. We don't want them squealing. Ensign of Vehicles, launch a score of boarders." Said the Fleetmaster calmly.
There were flashes of light on the DRADIS display as the torpedoes were destroyed by the point defense lasers, however, one of them made it through. As the torpedo neared the ship, it was struck by a burst of laser fire, and detonated before it could make impact. The shockwave of energy from the missile buffeted the ship, but the armour's upper non-reactive layer took most of the punch out of it. As the missiles were destroyed, the ship fired a volley of anti-ship coilgun rounds.

At which point I will amend your story with the plan I set in motion in my post.

"Activate the shield pulse!"

A massive surge of energy was directed into the Archangel's twin shield generators, pulsing them to 1000% strength at the instant the first rounds impacted, rapidly degenerating back to their normal operating capacity once the salvo was finished.

The Archangel emerged from the fireball, seemingly unscathed, and began to show its true capabilities. A swarm of drone fighters deployed from its hangars, and the weapon gates opened to allow a thunderous salvo from the ship's four main particle cannons. Just as the four emerald beams of energy splashed against the dreadnought's shields, the Hammer fired. A single bolt of red hot metal flew from the bow of the Archangel straight through the enemy ship.

Aboard the bridge, the crew of the Archangel began to celebrate, but Avenger began to give orders quickly: "Ready all missiles, set for point blank! Hit them as we fly past, then jump to FTL!"

The rapidly accelerating ship began to corkscrew, and as it flew past the cumbersome dreadnought, it unleashed its full payload of 26 missiles at the vessel amidst a swarm of point defense and laser fire. The short range rendering the missiles all but impossible to shoot down, almost all of them impacted, spreading a wave of rippling energy across the hull and buffeting the Archangel. Just as the behemoth came about to return the favor, the 300m long ship vanished into subspace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:02 pm

The Archangel reappeared in normal space over a nearby ocean planet. The sleek ship had taken heavy damage during its despair ate maneuver, and repairs were started almost immediately after the ship docked in its hidden hangar bay. Avenger grimaced looking at the engineering report. The shields had been completely overloaded, the FTL core was severely damaged, and the shockwave from the missile barrage had melted their comms array and thrown the weapons out of alignment. To top it off, the ship's entire consignment of drones had been left in the system. The ship was completely defenseless.

With the base's location a closely guarded secret, it had no way to contact the New FCE Fleets and warn them of the battlefleet-their only method of contact was a QET linked to the distant and previously engaged TRU. Avenger only hoped that the time he'd bought by damaging the relilient dreadnought would be enough to allow for the petty squabbling in the UF to come to an end.

ACH's story was edited to align with TRU fluff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:16 pm

After the ship had left the system, the Fleetmaster contacted the tracker frigate, Gyges. "Track it. Kill it. We cannot allow them to find us before the Plan is finished" Said the Fleetmaster.
"We are unstoppable." Replied the Captain of the Gyges, using the traditional reply to an order.

The Gyges disappeared in the flash of scarlet light typical of Strigiforme FTL drives.
The Gyges is designed to hunt down any ship, no matter how well hidden, by using a very faint FTL trail. The Gyges then eliminates the target with a variety of weapons. The enemy spy ship will never stand a chance.

While the Gyges hunted, the Fleetmaster began his Plan.
"AI. Nearest industrial world." Commanded the Fleetmaster.
"The nearest industrial world is 7.629 parsecs away. It is controlled by the Exion Corporation. Weak military presence." Blandly replied the AI.
"Bring us there." Said the Fleetmaster in a delighted tone.
'Soon, we will secure our future.' Thought the Fleetmaster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:38 pm

The Gyges arrived in orbit around an oceanic planet. The Gyges sent an arrival notice back to fleet, then moved to engage the enemy.
"Arm Yttrium torpedoes, set the timers to 5 seconds past impact. We want no evidence of their existence." Commanded the captain of the Gyges. "Bring us into range."
There sat the ship, damaged, in the midst of repair. One weapon half-heatedly tried to swivel towards them, but couldn't.
The ship then began spewing escape pods. In a caring mood, the Captain did not destroy the pods.
"Kill the ship, then release 15 drones." Commanded the captain.
The drones are semi-sentient defense satellites, configured to kill anything rising into space from the planet.
"Deploy a signal disruptor, and let's go." Said the Captain, as the enemy ship exploded, then turned dark as the oxygen ran out.
The Gyges disappeared in a flash of red light.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Commander Kobialka
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:49 pm

lol nice. maybe ill write somethin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thecraftersmakevideos.webs.com
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:55 pm

ACH0225 wrote:
The Gyges arrived in orbit around an oceanic planet. The Gyges sent an arrival notice back to fleet, but found nothing of note and moved on.

^Fixed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:04 pm

ACH, there's no reason to kill Avenger..yet. He said his ship suffered some damage and can't call anyone. So, let's say he landed on an earthen moon and your Gygen is only spaceworthy but figured Avenger had crashed.

“No.”

“What the hell do you mean, no?” The Taln ambassador glared at the speaker.

The CEO of lastjedistanding Industries disturbed the piles of papers on his rare mahogany desk, pushing them aside to make room for his arms to fold themselves on the piece of furniture.

“I mean, no. I will not plunge our company into the midst of a galactic war, and that includes you, representative. We have far much to lose than these factions acting like younglings and squabbling amongst themselves needlessly.”

The Taln delegate seemed to digest this for a moment, then,

“But we have ships scattered all over the quadrant! To not use them would be a fallacy, especially considering they’re more apt to be fired upon first!” He sputtered out.

“I’m more than aware of your little cold war with the Commonwealth, representative. And I refuse to allow you to foolishly compromise the already fragile trade alliance we have with their ship-building industry.”

“But they initiated hostilities, not-“ the Taln envoy started, but LJS cut him off.

“I don’t care who the heck started it, I’m ending it. And that involves your fleets standing down, ambassador, until we can resolve this matter. I can accept there will be skirmishes, yes, particularly with the Commonwealth’s ships pressing up against Taln space, but we will find a peaceful resolution to this. Until then, any offensive fleet actions by your Sovereignty will result in an excommunication from this alliance. And that’s final.”

LJS waved a red sleeved hand and forearm in dismissal. Noticeably dismayed, the Taln envoy stood up and left his office, quietly closing the door behind him. He sighed as he then returned his attention to the mounds of papers on his desk. Company headquarters had been hit by an EMP last week, computer systems were due to not be up until the end of the next day, at the very least. They had been using primitive sheets of paper and fax machines, likely deterring a significant amount of business, LJS was sure. And the ones that had the patience…LJS groaned. All of these orders coming in. Normally he’d be overjoyed at such a commercial prospect, this war, but even if his personal computer was operational and organized the shipyard orders into those adorable stacks, he’d still find the scenario to be bittersweet at best.

But yes, he knew a way to end all of this, to return it to normal. He who had told him what to do in these troubled times. LJS put a small smile on his face at this knowledge and went to contact his master…

[Yo, Keon. Get your butt in here]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Lord Tiel wrote:
ACH, there's no reason to kill Avenger..yet. He said his ship suffered some damage and can't call anyone. So, let's say your Gygen is only spaceworthy but figured Avenger had crashed.

I took myself out of the story (for now) for a reason...and attacking a TRU installation will bring you nothing but pain.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joel
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:35 pm

Even though Exion Industries' capital planet was it's only planet last time I told about it, that took place almost 10 standard years ago. Exion Industries currently controls 3 systems, with a total of 23.5 planets, only 6 of them are habitable though. The 0.5 is a product of a cold war (it's been going on for a few local years now) between the Exion Armed Forces and the local rodent-like civilization who refuse to release the planet.

"Captain, when do you think we'll see some real conflict?" asked the nameless gunnery sergeant.

"In due time. We've been watching the UF as they've slowly crumbled, it's only a matter of time until it becomes all-out war. And ever since our defeat on that fateful day we've been preparing for an attack, whether it's on a fringe colony or the royal palace," replied Captain Feros.

Although it was true, Exion spies had been infiltrating the UF for ages, they refused to take action as their fleet had not been at it's full capacity. Now, MAC platform arrays were standard for planets, even colonies. The fleet had grown to a sizable number, small cruiser and frigate squads were doing system patrols, looking for signs of rebellion or conflict and quickly squashing them. It seemed perfect, except captains feared invasion daily and the core worlders only knew of how to summon their private waiters. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, in this case, those core worlders. They'd never survive a real fight.

The military power may seem strong, but they could only manage to get so much decent tech. Because the government couldn't possible fund every ship, it was up to the captains and crew to re-arm and maintain their ships. They may seem weak or brittle, but wait until you're in range of the railguns or MAC, or the missiles. Swarms of shield phasing missiles will breach the hull, in some cases crew who died of deadly diseases are loaded into recovered empty missiles. The MAC will launch a large round that will explode with devastating kinetic and electro-magnetic power. The railguns will unleash waves of high explosive metal alloy rounds.

All of this crossed the mind of the captain, as he stared into the not-so-emptiness that is space.
Then as the cruiser exited high orbit of the nearby planet, the captain witnesses something he thought he never would.
The navigations ensign yells, "Unknown ships just dropped out of FTL sir!"
"Shields at maximum, try to hail one of them," ordered Feros. He'd been trained for an encounter such as this, if they didn't respond, he'd power weapons.

Now this is where I'll have to stop, I couldn't tell if the SNK would respond or not, I doubt they would, but I can never be sure of anything. I would assume not, but I also don't feel like writing anymore for the moment. I think I'll just go with no response.

Feros waited for communications to send the message to the bridge. Nothing.
"Sir, we're just getting static," the head of comm. informed the captain.

"Alright, power weapons, and get the MAC online. We might need it," Captain Feros ordered the gunnery sergeant.

"Powering weapons. MAC is, online," replied the gunny.

"Communications, patch me through to command. They're gonna want to hear this," Feros broadcast to the
communications deck as he opened up the comm. screen.

"Patching you through."

"What is it Feros," annoyingly asked the system commander.

"Sir, we've just encountered a group of hostile ships."

"I'm notifying the nearest ships of your discovery. Don't worry about the colony, the ships en route will tell them. You have green light to engage."

"Yes, sir!" replied the captain.
The Navigations Ensign announced, "Enemy ships are coming in for intercept course captain!"

"Fire as soon as we're in range, evasive maneuvers."

"Sir." said both the Gunny and Nav. Ensign, both nodded.

"Within MAC range."

"FIRE!" shouted Feros.

The Tomin warhead was designed to take out the shields and/or inflict massive hull damage. The warhead slammed the shields and they fluctuated.

"We are now within railgun and missiles range, firing."
By luck, some shield phasing missiles made it through as well as some railgun rounds during the off side of a fluctuation.
The dreadnought was taking some damage, it seemed to be scarred from another battle. Successful plasma hits were still cooling.

"MAC reloaded and ready to fire sir!"

"Aim for the engines! And... FIRE!" He yelled.

"Direct hit! We got 'em on a fluctuation and it made it through. They seem to have lost sublight, possibly FTL," the Gunny informed Feros.

"Communications, send them a message detailing their surrender."

"Yessir!" replied an ensign from the Comm. deck.

Last edited by Vinyl Scratch on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
Even though Exion Industries' capital planet was it's only planet last time I told about it, that took place almost 10 standard years ago. Exion Industries currently controls 3 systems, with a total of 23.5 planets, only 6 of them are habitable though. The 0.5 is a product of a cold war (it's been going on for a few local years now) between the Exion Armed Forces and the local rodent-like civilization who refuse to release the planet.

"Captain, when do you think we'll see some real conflict?" asked the nameless gunnery sergeant.
"In due time. We've been watching the UF as they've slowly crumbled, it's only a matter of time until it becomes all-out war. And ever since our defeat on that fateful day we've been preparing for an attack, whether it's on a fringe colony or the royal palace," replied Captain Feros.
Although it was true, Exion spies had been infiltrating the UF for ages, they refused to take action as their fleet had not been at it's full capacity. Now, MAC platform arrays were standard for planets, even colonies. The fleet had grown to a sizable number, small cruiser and frigate squads were doing system patrols, looking for signs of rebellion or conflict and quickly squashing them. It seemed perfect, except captains feared invasion daily and the core worlders only knew of how to summon their private waiters. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, in this case, those core worlders. They'd never survive a real fight.
The military power may seem strong, but they could only manage to get so much decent tech. Because the government couldn't possible fund every ship, it was up to the captains and crew to re-arm and maintain their ships. They may seem weak or brittle, but wait until you're in range of the railguns or MAC, or the missiles. Swarms of shield phasing missiles will breach the hull, in some cases crew who died of deadly diseases are loaded into recovered empty missiles. The MAC will launch a large round that will explode with devastating kinetic and electro-magnetic power. The railguns will unleash waves of high explosive metal alloy rounds.
All of this crossed the mind of the captain, as he stared into the not-so-emptiness that is space.
Then as the cruiser exited high orbit of the nearby planet, the captain witnesses something he thought he never would.
The navigations ensign yells, "Unknown ships just dropped out of FTL sir!"
"Shields at maximum, try to hail one of them," ordered Feros. He'd been trained for an encounter such as this, if they didn't respond, he'd power weapons.

Now this is where I'll have to stop, I couldn't tell if the SNK would respond or not, I doubt they would, but I can never be sure of anything. I would assume not, but I also don't feel like writing anymore for the moment.

ENTER button. Please, this is fine writing but..ENTER ;-;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joel
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:01 pm

I added better/more spacing and more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Keon

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Lord Tiel wrote:

?

Suggesting I am LJS's master?

You know, I was thinking we should have a 3D crafting grid for complex recipes, but Kielaran is right: why have three dimensions when you can have six? Truly I don't know how we ever got by with a measly two.

Mackeroth? wrote:
Now, if Fr0stbyte wrote that, someone would make a sig, guaranteed. So what are you going to do now?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ACH0225
General
General

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:24 pm

I don't think you are grasping the OPness of my ultra heavy dreadnought. Here's a section of the bit I might write:

Inform deck 37.... Fire.

At that moment, a huge purplish red beam shot from the front of the ship, cutting away enemy ships and installations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:28 pm

Keon wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

?

Suggesting I am LJS's master?

Your omnipotent lizard gods, one of them perhaps is controlling LJS, hmm?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joel
Marine
Marine

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:35 pm

That? That was the best case scenario Feros' ship's AI devised. He is actually still within high orbit of the planet, leaving it now for the actual battle, after he informed command of course. He's just seeing what could happen, however unlikely. In fact, he's just flying to his death. After which his "reinforcements" will arrive. Command didn't quite believe him and sent a frigate to board his ship and slap some sense into him. I don't know what the EAF's next move would/will/should be, I know it's ultimate fate is though. It eventually will be destroyed. The only sure way to completely destroy Exion Industries though, would be to track down the unfindable and undetectable Hegii. Hm, this seemed larger and made more sense when I thought it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Lord Tiel wrote:

“No.”

The CEO (Hmm. CEO is an OK title, but I'll try to think of one with a bit more ring to it. Warmaster is nice, of course, but I'm not sure it's the way to go.) of Last_Jedi_Standing Industries disturbed the piles of papers on his rare mahogany desk (A desk made of wood? My desk would either be polished metal or a single huge carved crystal.), pushing them aside to make room for his arms to fold themselves on the piece of furniture.

“I mean, no. I will not plunge our company into the midst of a galactic war (Man, have you got that wrong.), and that includes you, representative. We have far much to lose than these factions acting like younglings and squabbling amongst themselves needlessly.”

“But we have ships scattered all over the quadrant! To not use them would be a fallacy, especially considering they’re more apt to be fired upon first!” He sputtered out.

“I’m more than aware of your little cold war with the Commonwealth, representative. And I refuse to allow you to foolishly compromise the already fragile trade alliance we have with their ship-building industry.”

“But they initiated hostilities, not-“ the Taln envoy started, but LJS cut him off.

“I don’t care who the heck started it, I’m ending it. And that involves your fleets standing down, ambassador, until we can resolve this matter. I can accept there will be skirmishes, yes, particularly with the Commonwealth’s ships pressing up against Taln space, but we will find a peaceful resolution to this. Until then, any offensive fleet actions by your Sovereignty will result in an excommunication from this alliance. And that’s final. (That's nuts. I would never excommunicate anyone just for attacking someone else. That's what enemies are for.)

LJS waved a blue sleeved hand and forearm in dismissal. Noticeably dismayed, the Taln envoy stood up and left his office, quietly closing the door behind him. He sighed as he then returned his attention to the mounds of papers on his desk. Company headquarters had been hit by an EMP last week, computer systems were due to not be up until the end of the next day, at the very least. They had been using primitive sheets of paper and fax machines, likely deterring a significant amount of business, LJS was sure. And the ones that had the patience…LJS groaned. All of these orders coming in. Normally he’d be overjoyed at such a commercial prospect, this war, but even if his personal computer was operational and organized the shipyard orders into those adorable stacks, he’d still find the scenario to be bittersweet at best.

But yes, he knew a way to end all of this, to return it to normal. He who had told him what to do in these troubled times. LJS put a small smile on his face at this knowledge and went to contact his master…

[Yo, Keon. Get your butt in here] (<cough, splutter, epic spit take> I'm reporting to Keon? Geez. He'd better be a Sith Lord or something, or else it's just not fun. Darth Malak can be subordinate to Darth Revan and still be awesome, bun Nute Gunray's just a loser, even though his boss is a Sith, too.)
Right. I didn't really want to help with the story, but this just had to be dealt with.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:28 pm

Warmaster Tsavong Lah wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

“No.”

The CEO (Hmm. CEO is an OK title, but I'll try to think of one with a bit more ring to it. Warmaster is nice, of course, but I'm not sure it's the way to go.) of Last_Jedi_Standing Industries disturbed the piles of papers on his rare mahogany desk (A desk made of wood? My desk would either be polished metal or a single huge carved crystal.)(Wood would be rare in the space age, more befitting the head of a large corporation), pushing them aside to make room for his arms to fold themselves on the piece of furniture.

“I mean, no. I will not plunge our company into the midst of a galactic war (Man, have you got that wrong.) (Your behavior has yet to exhibit anything but peacemaking, the exact opposite of warmongering, which is *technically* what the envoy is suggesting), and that includes you, representative. We have far much to lose than these factions acting like younglings and squabbling amongst themselves needlessly.”

“I don’t care who the heck started it, I’m ending it. And that involves your fleets standing down, ambassador, until we can resolve this matter. I can accept there will be skirmishes, yes, particularly with the Commonwealth’s ships pressing up against Taln space, but we will find a peaceful resolution to this. Until then, any offensive fleet actions by your Sovereignty will result in an excommunication from this alliance. And that’s final. (That's nuts. I would never excommunicate anyone just for attacking someone else. That's what enemies are for.)Taln is asking for some sort of support against the Commonwealth, but since he's part of the Alliance you're all *no*. And remember, you're being puppeteered behind the scenes by one of Keon's characters who are basically gods who don't approve of Taln's military buildup which could threaten humanity.

LJS waved a blue Everyone seems to like blue, but okay.sleeved hand and forearm in dismissal. Noticeably dismayed, the Taln envoy stood up and left his office, quietly closing the door behind him. He sighed as he then returned his attention to the mounds of papers on his desk. Company headquarters had been hit by an EMP last week, computer systems were due to not be up until the end of the next day, at the very least. They had been using primitive sheets of paper and fax machines, likely deterring a significant amount of business, LJS was sure. And the ones that had the patience…LJS groaned. All of these orders coming in. Normally he’d be overjoyed at such a commercial prospect, this war, but even if his personal computer was operational and organized the shipyard orders into those adorable stacks, he’d still find the scenario to be bittersweet at best.

[Yo, Keon. Get your butt in here] (<cough, splutter, epic spit take> I'm reporting to Keon? Geez. He'd better be a Sith Lord or something, or else it's just not fun. Darth Malak can be subordinate to Darth Revan and still be awesome, bun Nute Gunray's just a loser, even though his boss is a Sith, too.) Keon said his characters can warp the threads of space itself, so...
Right. I didn't really want to help with the story, but this just had to be dealt with.

Responses to your concerns in yellow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Lord Tiel wrote:
Warmaster Tsavong Lah wrote:
Lord Tiel wrote:

“No.”

The CEO (Hmm. CEO is an OK title, but I'll try to think of one with a bit more ring to it. Warmaster is nice, of course, but I'm not sure it's the way to go.) of Last_Jedi_Standing Industries disturbed the piles of papers on his rare mahogany desk (A desk made of wood? My desk would either be polished metal or a single huge carved crystal.)(Wood would be rare in the space age, more befitting the head of a large corporation) Sure, but I like giant crystal desks., pushing them aside to make room for his arms to fold themselves on the piece of furniture.

“I mean, no. I will not plunge our company into the midst of a galactic war (Man, have you got that wrong.) (Your behavior has yet to exhibit anything but peacemaking, the exact opposite of warmongering, which is *technically* what the envoy is suggesting) I'm working on that., and that includes you, representative. We have far much to lose than these factions acting like younglings and squabbling amongst themselves needlessly.”

“I don’t care who the heck started it, I’m ending it. And that involves your fleets standing down, ambassador, until we can resolve this matter. I can accept there will be skirmishes, yes, particularly with the Commonwealth’s ships pressing up against Taln space, but we will find a peaceful resolution to this. Until then, any offensive fleet actions by your Sovereignty will result in an excommunication from this alliance. And that’s final. (That's nuts. I would never excommunicate anyone just for attacking someone else. That's what enemies are for.)Taln is asking for some sort of support against the Commonwealth, but since he's part of the Alliance you're all *no*. And remember, you're being puppeteered behind the scenes by one of Keon's characters who are basically gods who don't approve of Taln's military buildup which could threaten humanity. Bugger. It's so much nicer when I get to be the puppeteer but OK. I hope at least whatever he bribed me with was worth it.

LJS waved a blue Everyone seems to like blue, but okay. Yeah, but it's the corporate color. Can't mess with the corporate color. sleeved hand and forearm in dismissal. Noticeably dismayed, the Taln envoy stood up and left his office, quietly closing the door behind him. He sighed as he then returned his attention to the mounds of papers on his desk. Company headquarters had been hit by an EMP last week, computer systems were due to not be up until the end of the next day, at the very least. They had been using primitive sheets of paper and fax machines, likely deterring a significant amount of business, LJS was sure. And the ones that had the patience…LJS groaned. All of these orders coming in. Normally he’d be overjoyed at such a commercial prospect, this war, but even if his personal computer was operational and organized the shipyard orders into those adorable stacks, he’d still find the scenario to be bittersweet at best.

[Yo, Keon. Get your butt in here] (<cough, splutter, epic spit take> I'm reporting to Keon? Geez. He'd better be a Sith Lord or something, or else it's just not fun. Darth Malak can be subordinate to Darth Revan and still be awesome, bun Nute Gunray's just a loser, even though his boss is a Sith, too.) Keon said his characters can warp the threads of space itself, so... What, only the threads?

Responses to your concerns in yellow.
Responses to your responses in green.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!   

Back to top Go down

Story Time with FUTURECRAFT!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next