Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

I would like you all to

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

I would like you all to Empty
PostSubject: I would like you all to   I would like you all to Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 12:11 am

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Take a look at these, made by some guy on cygnus x1. Helped me tremendously on my interiors. I think y'all with those myriads of ships (looking at you, Iv Razz) should make schematics of your floor plans in paint or some other as a community resource so no one will ever have sucky interiors ever again. [/i]Never.[/i]

Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: I would like you all to   I would like you all to Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 2:52 am

Interiors are boring. They are a set of useless corridors leading to pointless rooms, most of which will be replaced when futurecraft is released (so yea they may never change Razz ). Srsly I won't keep the bridge exposed on the front of my ship. I will prefer to move it into the hull.

If you want to add interiors to my ships you are welcome to try but I don't rly think it's necessary. I can make some plans for you ...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: I would like you all to   I would like you all to Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 3:10 am

Iv121 wrote:
Interiors are boring. They are a set of useless corridors leading to pointless rooms, most of which will be replaced when futurecraft is released (so yea they may never change Razz ). Srsly I won't keep the bridge exposed on the front of my ship. I will prefer to move it into the hull.

If you want to add interiors to my ships you are welcome to try but I don't rly think it's necessary. I can make some plans for you ...

You..don't have interiors. OK. The whole point of this post was so that there could be a nice reference for everyone to go off of.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: I would like you all to   I would like you all to Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 3:31 am

I didn't like the look of Enterprise. Too primitive, they still used buttons to open the doors! And monitors that looked like they were from 2005! Not 2105! Anyway, whoever made those images should put their talents to finding a job.

I prefer the later Enterprise designs, which are harder to emulate with blocks. My problem with interiors was that I neglected to put in any equipment in them: everything was crew-quarters and storage. No engine room, no transporter room, no "atmospheric monitoring room". Nothing like that. Which is something I'm doing differently in my more recent ship. This one has a reactor room and monitoring station, it has rooms for housing the misses and my massive lasers. And, it has a tractor beam that will suck you up from 100 blocks away into the ship in a matter of seconds! Good luck not hitting your head!

Thanks Tiel, but there are much better interiors out there.

If we (I, you, Iv) want to make a floor plan of my/your/our ships, we should use MCedit or World edit to cut the ship into layers, one for each deck, and photograph them, editing the image to get rid of any sheep or trees that appear underneath.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: I would like you all to   I would like you all to Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 3:35 am

Tiel wrote:

You..don't have interiors. OK. The whole point of this post was so that there could be a nice reference for everyone to go off of.

I don't fully get what you wanted to say here.

Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

PostSubject: Re: I would like you all to   I would like you all to Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 8:21 am

If you've ever made an interior then you would know how boring and tedious the whole process is compared to building the exteriors of the ships. But if you want my opinion, I would stay away from Star Trek interiors. While I love the show, I find their interiors too luxurious. Their interiors are made for luxury yachts, not warships. I favor the interior designs of Battlestar Galactica, and maybe adding in some details from a modern submarine.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: I would like you all to   I would like you all to Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 8:41 am

Laserbilly wrote:
If you've ever made an interior then you would know how boring and tedious the whole process is compared to building the exteriors of the ships. But if you want my opinion, I would stay away from Star Trek interiors. While I love the show, I find their interiors too luxurious. Their interiors are made for luxury yachts, not warships. I favor the interior designs of Battlestar Galactica, and maybe adding in some details from a modern submarine.

I try to make my ships as crammed as a submarine, but as luxuriant as a Star Trek ship.
Back to top Go down
Eliuser12
Eliuser12

PostSubject: Re: I would like you all to   I would like you all to Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:11 am

Funny, my ship consists of three ways to get off, bombs, guns, iron and obsidian... But none of YOU have ventilation, do you? Mmhmm, thought so. Again, working on a better ship LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I would like you all to   I would like you all to Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I would like you all to
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Ship Design Area-
Jump to: