Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

My latest build

Go down 
+4
Last_Jedi_Standing
Tiel+
blockman42
The Schmetterling
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:05 pm

Inspired by the works of Block Fortress, I am building a magnificent citadel.

Progress check third of July, 2012:

It is currently only about 15% complete (not in size, in detail).

Pictures:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
blockman42
Sergeant
Sergeant
blockman42

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:24 pm

The overall design is nice, but the pallet is horrendous!
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:50 pm

Looks terrible, too boxxy. Needs more detail.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:50 pm

blockman42 wrote:
The overall design is nice, but the pallet is horrendous!
I agree. It's a nice building, but I don't like the texture pack.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:04 pm

What the heck is Block Fortress?
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Tiel wrote:

Tiel, I have never EVER called someone's work terrible (excluding the Crying-Hot ship). Also, I try to point out both the good things and the bad things in someones work. You are just pointing out the bad things (which in this case aren't true). Tiel, if you want to be condescending to me, please build something better than what I can. Then I will respect you as a superior builder, and will listen to your advice. Until then, shut up and keep your condescension to yourself.

I agree the palate could be better, but it could be worse. I am getting a custom Doku texture-pack, so I can have yellow glowstone. So what is your opinion on the colours, what ones should I change?

Last edited by Mackeroth? on Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:18 pm

Also, this is the build it was inspired by:

Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 10:39 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
Tiel wrote:

Tiel, I have never EVER called someone's work terrible (excluding the Crying-Hot ship). Also, I try to point out both the good things and the bad things in someones work. You are just pointing out the bad things (which in this case aren't true). Tiel, if you want to be condescending to me, please build something better than what I can. Then I will respect you as a superior builder, and will listen to your advice. Until then, shut up and keep your condescension to yourself.

I agree the palate could be better, but it could be worse. I am getting a custom Doku texture-pack, so I can have yellow glowstone. So what is your opinion on the colours, what ones should I change?

Thanks, I'll remember to tell you to shut the f**k up the next time you come knocking. And I was being satirical.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:14 pm

Tiel wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
Tiel wrote:

Thanks, I'll remember to tell you to shut the f**k up the next time you come knocking. And I was being satirical.

Once again you only see what you want to. I didn't tell you to shut the **** up, only to shut up. I know you were being satirical, hence why I responded like that. If you had of been serious, I would've had to taken you to a psychologist. Also, you can't blame me for this incident, you were the first one to post an inflammatory comment.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:17 pm

You say shut up, I say shut the **** up, because it's a more potent insult. I'm not blaming anyone for anything, I just wanted to see how you'd react to your brand of critique. Should've posted a pic of my old fort for good measure, but I suppose the unoriginality of the thing serves as its own 'compare this to mine!' component.
Back to top Go down
Laserbilly
Infantry
Infantry
Laserbilly

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 12:07 am

Not to sidetrack your colorful debate, but I thought that city looked a lot like the Imperial City from Oblivion. Very cool.

Oh, and Mack, the exterior detailing looks great! Please show us again when you get that new texture pack.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:23 am

Tiel wrote:
You say shut up, I say shut the **** up, because it's a more potent insult. I'm not blaming anyone for anything, I just wanted to see how you'd react to your brand of critique. Should've posted a pic of my old fort for good measure, but I suppose the unoriginality of the thing serves as its own 'compare this to mine!' component.

I critique people:
1- truthfully: I don't make up bad things or good things because I can
2- both positively and negatively. I don't just say bad things, because that hurts feelings. I don't just say good things, because everything has room for improvement.
3- carefully and with a professional eye. I don't talk someone's build down because I don't like them.

You did none of these things, so you are incorrect to say that you used my own critiquing style on me.

Your last sentence makes no sense at all. Post a picture anyway, I would like to see it.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:23 am

Laserbilly wrote:
Not to sidetrack your colorful debate, but I thought that city looked a lot like the Imperial City from Oblivion. Very cool.

Oh, and Mack, the exterior detailing looks great! Please show us again when you get that new texture pack.

Okay, thank you! I will post some more pictures when I've built the smaller turrets.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:03 am

It's quite colorful, like a clown Smile . I think you should make something more monotone for the border. It gets my eye attention and then cuts it with it's color. I'm not sure what causes it but I think it's the brick texture. Try using something smoother.

Last edited by Iv121 on Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:20 am

Iv121 wrote:
It's quite colorful, like a clown Smile . I think you should make something more monotone for the border. It's get's my eye attention and then cuts it with it's color. I'm not sure what causes it but I think it's the brick texture. Try using something smoother.

I built the citadel around the brick colour: it was my feature. I think the problem is the blue glowstone, that needs changing. I'll have a look at other texture-packs (the Doku customizer just doesn't have what I need) and see if any are useful.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:51 am

It has too much detail Razz . it looks like there is noise all over the picture ...
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:07 am

Iv121 wrote:
It has too much detail Razz . it looks like there is noise all over the picture ...

No, that's just my bad laptop. On the Mac it looks much nicer. I completed the 8 other towers, I'll upload pictures later, once I'm done with the walls connecting them.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:17 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
Iv121 wrote:

No, that's just my bad laptop. On the Mac it looks much nicer. I completed the 8 other towers, I'll upload pictures later, once I'm done with the walls connecting them.

So why not sell the mac, and a get a good laptop Razz

Mackeroth? wrote:
Tiel wrote:

I critique people:
1- hypocritically: I point out flaws that don't exist in said ship and post offtopic pictures of my own vessels that are no better.
2- both positively and negatively: I point out mostly negative components than say everything needs improvement as a pathetic way to save face. When I do point out positive things, it's either to counterbalance all the negative or because I know it will simply be ignored if it doesn't.
3- carefully and with a professional eye. To be honest, this is pretty ambiguous. I'm not too sure if you truly do see these things through your own clouded and arrogant viewpoint, so I'll just leave this one alone.

You did most of these things in your post, so you are right to say you copied my critique.

Perhaps this is on the deep end but regardless.

Mackeroth? wrote:
Taln, I must thank you now, for you have given me many ideas
for what to fill up my massively spacious ships with. It has always been a
problem for me, as I cram as much stuff as possible into my ships, like a
submarine. Which I find strange considering that they are designed to look
opulent, regal, and spacious from the outside.

For example, in my cruiser there
is:
2 one-fighter bays
A mess hall which seats 4
A bedroom that fits 4 people with two personal item chests.
6 generic storage chests
3 water features
The 5 person control room, plus the stairs connecting it to the lower deck
A bathroom with two 2 toilets and showers
A missile tube and bomb bay
A core room (which needs to be re-outfitted for the new system)
4 escape pods
All the corridors connecting these things

All in this amount of space:

My latest build Scaled.php?server=542&filename=20111210150111

Note that this ENTIRE feedback post is dedicated to your bloody ship. It's crass, rude, and offtopic. Certainly you've improved since then but here's an example of the critique I copied. I could scavenge for more of these, but I believe this one will suffice.

Either way, this is your thread, so I won't stoop to your level and persist derailing it. Good day, chap.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:24 pm

I think that it would look much better in Misa's texture pack.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:17 pm

Right. Mack, Tiel, stop. Mack, you're a supreme developrator, in mind if not in rank. You should be above this. Tiel, you're a senior forum member and you've been around long enough to know better. You should also be above this. It's already spread into another thread. This is a useless argument. You're both roughly equally at fault. Now is when we find out if I can tell Mack to stop and get away with it.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:00 am

Avenger_7 wrote:
I think that it would look much better in Misa's texture pack.

I tried that. It looked okay-ish. The best texture-pack is my custom Geru Doku by far.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 6:12 am

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Right. Mack, Tiel, stop. Mack, you're a supreme developrator, in mind if not in rank. You should be above this. Tiel, you're a senior forum member and you've been around long enough to know better. You should also be above this. It's already spread into another thread. This is a useless argument. You're both roughly equally at fault. Now is when we find out if I can tell Mack to stop and get away with it.

The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear.

That one's from Socrates. This one is from Gandhi:

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 8:49 am

I have here some old pictures of the citadel in various texture-packs, some look cool. Others... not so much. Don't ask me what's what, I have no idea.

Spoiler:

And here are some actual pictures of progress, using my custom Geru Doku. I decided that the citadel, which I am calling Celesteus, needed some sort of interior. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of giant buildings with nothing but staircases and fountains in them, but I wanted this to be an actual place of government. I considered putting the government areas underground, and many will still be, but I have at least ceremonial government areas in the citadel itself.

Spoiler:

Also, I am looking for someone to build an anti-Celesteus. The city's opposite essentially. It will be called Altera, it will become the capital of the Futurecraft Empire if it is good enough. If we could build both these two cities on a server, that would be immensely useful, perhaps we could get Solaris to help us?
Anyway, the city of Altera will be futuristic, cities made of iron and glass. You can use whatever texture pack you like, but you can't use gold blocks, stone-half-slabs, glowstone or obsidian unless it is from the texture pack I am using. If you need a light source, use redstone lamps, or a futuristic jack-o-lantern. I would recommend the Dark Matter texture-pack, as I built my Alteran ships using it.

The two cities of Celesteus and Altera are reluctant allies, as their world is too small for internal conflict. The reason for their reluctance is their fundamentally different views: the Alterans believe in science, while the Celestians study the arcane.
Both are extremely powerful nations, the Celestians have learnt the secrets of matter, and how to manipulate it using the mind, allowing them to project their energy and thoughts into the world, even allowing them to build entire cities with their thoughts (and a lot of food).
The Alterans have meanwhile turned their attention to the stars. They have colonized many other planets, and discovered life on other worlds. Their technology is impressive, the city of Altera itself is in fact a ship, one for colonization exploration, unlike their great war vessels built for destruction.

If anybody is up to the challenge, please say so: I don't want to have wrote all that for nothing.
The council chambers; I will probably replace them with a larger one underground.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:16 pm

Anyone? I would have hated to have written that whole passage for nothing.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:17 pm

I'm not sure I like the story, it seems a tad unrealistic, but the new texturepack looks better on the castle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My latest build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My latest build   My latest build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My latest build
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next