Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Accomplishments?

Go down 
+5
The Schmetterling
Iv121
fr0stbyte124
blockman42
bsb23
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

Accomplishments? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 4:42 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
hyperlite wrote:
Really, say frostbyte leaves, where will this mod be? Sunk. Say Mack, for all intensive purposes, leaves, where does that leave this mod? Well we have lost a good leader, but still go on.

Fr0stbyte is a good programmer, that much is certain. But you would be surprise with how many times I've had to pull everyone back together.

After getting everything organized and coordinated in Altera, I can appreciate that the role of an administrator is a necessary one; they get paid many thousands of dollars a year in real life occupations. However, in modding you can't just have one person barking orders when they truly have no legitimate experience what they're telling their underlings to do. In Altera's early days I could have easily taken a job myself, but we had a lot of people and it wasn't necessary. Not to be narcissistic here, but a good leader is multi-qualified, or, at the very least be able to contribute significantly to development. Hyper makes a valid point, you have to admit that. If you were gone I'm sure fr0st would be able to do a similar job of pulling things together. What 'together' is at this point is beyond me, as I've seen but 3 devs posting on this forum as of late. Something that warrants consideration on your part is learning how to code in Java so you can be a bigger credit to the team, rather than just the guy in the background acting pompous and arrogant about almost everything. Once you;'e done that, you should really see to getting your mod powers back. Once you can prove to Shiva you won't abuse them I'm sure you'll get your heightened privileges returned.

Tiel, if you want to make this harder for me and the other Devs, go ahead. But if you don't feel like starting an uprising, please be more polite, and more agreeable. Face it, you're stuck with me, and no amount of whining on your part will change that.
What people seem to forget is that Mackeroth is in charge for a reason. This is his idea. All of it. He is directly responsible for this mod, this forum, and every second of fun all 384 of us have had here. I'm not saying that Fr0stbyte124 shouldn't get any credit, of course. He's a critical part of this process. But so is Mack. Without him, this is nothing, and we would all have to go get real lives, which I personally don't want to do. Mack is in charge. Even without mod powers, he's in charge. Even if he were banned form this forum entirely and could only contribute on the MC Forums, he'd be in charge. It's his mod. I think the switch from Mackeroth to Mac was a good thing, but questioning his leadership is insane. He's in charge, he has the ideas, he's the driving force. Everyone needs to keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 4:46 pm

bsb23 wrote:
Thanks for answering the question that is all I need. I understand Frostbyte, you probably hate pushy noobs like myself I wasn't attempting to hassle anyone, rather I was just curious if any major breakthrough had occurred, it would appear that I'm out of the loop usually just making sure I didn't miss anything. As for the organization of the dev team they appear to be doing fine seam to be steadily moving along with few all at wars between them. That's all I need from a team, progress and cooperation. Why people stir the pot is beyond my comprehension, you are just slowing down the mod.

As far as pushy noobs go, you are the most polite one I've met. Surprised
Also I remember every post you've ever made here. I was just being rude before.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:
hyperlite wrote:
Really, say frostbyte leaves, where will this mod be? Sunk. Say Mack, for all intensive purposes, leaves, where does that leave this mod? Well we have lost a good leader, but still go on.

Fr0stbyte is a good programmer, that much is certain. But you would be surprise with how many times I've had to pull everyone back together.

After getting everything organized and coordinated in Altera, I can appreciate that the role of an administrator is a necessary one; they get paid many thousands of dollars a year in real life occupations. However, in modding you can't just have one person barking orders when they truly have no legitimate experience what they're telling their underlings to do. In Altera's early days I could have easily taken a job myself, but we had a lot of people and it wasn't necessary. Not to be narcissistic here, but a good leader is multi-qualified, or, at the very least be able to contribute significantly to development. Hyper makes a valid point, you have to admit that. If you were gone I'm sure fr0st would be able to do a similar job of pulling things together. What 'together' is at this point is beyond me, as I've seen but 3 devs posting on this forum as of late. Something that warrants consideration on your part is learning how to code in Java so you can be a bigger credit to the team, rather than just the guy in the background acting pompous and arrogant about almost everything. Once you;'e done that, you should really see to getting your mod powers back. Once you can prove to Shiva you won't abuse them I'm sure you'll get your heightened privileges returned.

Tiel, if you want to make this harder for me and the other Devs, go ahead. But if you don't feel like starting an uprising, please be more polite, and more agreeable. Face it, you're stuck with me, and no amount of whining on your part will change that.

Okay, really? Did you just see a textwall and automatically presume? There was absolutely nothing about this paranoid uprising you keep talking about, I even made suggestions so that you wouldn't be in the situation you are now. And I fail to see how expressing my thoughts in the most polite way possible can in any shape or form be interpreted as 'whining'. You go out on a limb, and Jesus Christ. You're hopeless.
Back to top Go down
fr0stbyte124
Super Developrator
Super Developrator
fr0stbyte124

PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Let's leave it at that, shall we. We've had this discussion before back when Tiel was a bird, and it wasn't pretty.
And I will lock this thread if all of you can't play nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accomplishments?   Accomplishments? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accomplishments?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: General Area :: Off-Topic Area-
Jump to: