Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

engines:list them up

Go down 
+5
Last_Jedi_Standing
The Schmetterling
Caramell
Keon
Appelsylt
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Appelsylt

engines:list them up Empty
PostSubject: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:07 am

can we list up engines here just to have them in one place?
Back to top Go down
Keon
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Keon

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 11:46 am

FTL or Sub-Light?
Back to top Go down
Caramell
Sergeant
Sergeant
Caramell

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:15 pm

Keon wrote:
FTL or Sub-Light?
I guess he means both.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:06 pm

We have 4 engines:

Sublight engines. The are good for around the solar-system.

Hyperspeed engines. For times when 1,000 years of suspended animation aren't good enough.

Wormhole engine. For times when the laws of physics are a pain inn the neck.

Gravity manipulation drive. For times when you need to pull a planet out of orbit.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:

Gravity manipulation drive. For times when you need to pull a planet out of orbit.
Oh, yes! Yes! Is it like a dovin basal? Can we use Yo'gand's Core?
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:10 pm

Last_Jedi_Standing wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:

dovin basals have nothing to do with engines.
Anyway, I think atmospheric fighters will have another engine as space fighters.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:14 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:

Anyway, I think atmospheric fighters will have another engine as space fighters.
Yes they do. They provide propulsion for all Yuuzhan Vong ships.
Back to top Go down
Ivan2006
General
General
Ivan2006

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:

...oh!
You´re right. I thought they were only used for shields, my brain seems to be malfunctioning (stupid neural implants).
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 5:16 pm

Ivan2006 wrote:
Ivan2006 wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:

...oh!
You´re right. I thought they were only used for shields, my brain seems to be malfunctioning (stupid neural implants).
They do shields too, and they can also function as a weapon. They do pretty much everything.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 2:58 pm

In starwars terms, I'd be thinking more along the lines of Centerpoint station and Sinkhole station.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 3:46 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
In starwars terms, I'd be thinking more along the lines of Centerpoint station and Sinkhole station.
Maybe. Centerpoint definitely isn't an engine, but the 'pulling planets out of orbit' thing sounds like it. A powerful dovin basal could do that, too, if it had somewhere to anchor.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Maybe. Centerpoint definitely isn't an engine, but the 'pulling planets out of orbit' thing sounds like it. A powerful dovin basal could do that, too, if it had somewhere to anchor.

Coruscant was moved using multiple dovin bassals on the surface of the planet, if I recall. Centerpoint didn't need any engines because the Kiliks moved it with the Force. If that sounds like BS to you, then you don't know starwars very well. In that universe, BS is the norm.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 4:06 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Coruscant was moved using multiple dovin bassals on the surface of the planet, if I recall. Centerpoint didn't need any engines because the Kiliks moved it with the Force. If that sounds like BS to you, then you don't know starwars very well. In that universe, BS is the norm.
Umm... That's what I said. Dovin basals could move planets. Centerpoint could also move planets, but it is not an engine. And no, none of this is BS. I assure you, I know much more about Star Wars than you.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 4:22 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Umm... That's what I said. Dovin basals could move planets. Centerpoint could also move planets, but it is not an engine. And no, none of this is BS. I assure you, I know much more about Star Wars than you.

You might, I was a huge starwars fan a few years back but I haven't kept with it recently. My point was that in the starwars universe Rule of Cool takes precedence over physics.

I just realized I repeated your statement. I guess I need more sleep...
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Um... what?

I start talking about the clean, simple engines we have; and you finish talking about obscure relics from the depths of science fiction?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 6:34 pm

Avenger_7 wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

But I know more about Star Wars than you!
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Tiel wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Challenge accepted. First, credentials. I am the Last Jedi Standing. I earned this title at the 2009 Dragon*Con Star Wars trivia contest, by winning out of over 150 contestants from around the world. I now run their trivia contest. I write the questions for the largest science fiction/fantasy/gaming/etc convention in the world. I am confident that I can handle anything you can throw at me. Do you have any similar credentials?
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Tiel wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

Challenge accepted. First, credentials. I am the Last Jedi Standing. I earned this title at the 2009 Dragon*Con Star Wars trivia contest, by winning out of over 150 contestants from around the world. I now run their trivia contest. I write the questions for the largest science fiction/fantasy/gaming/etc convention in the world. I am confident that I can handle anything you can throw at me. Do you have any similar credentials?

See, I've never heard of this 'Dragon Con' and I'm a Star Wars fan to the max. And can't exactly verify your identity either seeing as this is through the shield of anonymity. I am confident I can handle anything you throw at me, as I've read/played/watched almost every single piece of Star Wars content in existence. Maybe missed a few Clone Wars episodes, but who really cares about those anyhow.

But seriously. I doubt this 'Dragon Con' is the biggest sci fi convention in the world if only 150 showed up for this contest. Minecon had, what, almost 400,000? And that was for a single blocky game that isn't optimized for crap.
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:56 pm

Tiel wrote:
Tiel wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:
Avenger_7 wrote:

See, I've never heard of this 'Dragon Con' and I'm a Star Wars fan to the max. And can't exactly verify your identity either seeing as this is through the shield of anonymity. I am confident I can handle anything you throw at me, as I've read/played/watched almost every single piece of Star Wars content in existence. Maybe missed a few Clone Wars episodes, but who really cares about those anyhow.

But seriously. I doubt this 'Dragon Con' is the biggest sci fi convention in the world if only 150 showed up for this contest. Minecon had, what, almost 400,000? And that was for a single blocky game that isn't optimized for crap.
Google Dragon*Con. 46,000 guests last year. That makes it the largest in the world. It's held in Atlanta, GA every September. Star Wars is only a small part of it, though.

I know you can't verify it, but for what it's worth, you have my word (such as it is) that this is legit.
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Should make a thread in offtopic..
Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 9:00 pm

Tiel wrote:
Should make a thread in offtopic..
Probably.
Back to top Go down
Keon
Keon

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:43 am

That's... really creepy. So you are the official most knowledgeable person in the world about starwars, you run the starwars quiz, and your username is your title that you earned in a triva.

Autograph. Nao.
Back to top Go down
Iv121
General
General
Iv121

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:54 pm

He probably saw till the end Lucas's most embarrassing star wars movie ever Smile .

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/15087-swchr

Back to top Go down
Last_Jedi_Standing
Last_Jedi_Standing

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:06 pm

Keon wrote:
That's... really creepy. So you are the official most knowledgeable person in the world about starwars, you run the starwars quiz, and your username is your title that you earned in a triva.

Autograph. Nao.
Ah, no. The official most knowledgeable person in the world about Star Wars is Leland Chee, the keeper of the Holocron. He is paid by Lucas to know everything. If a serious question about the canon comes up, he's the one who answers it, and what he says goes. But the other 2 things are correct.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: engines:list them up   engines:list them up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

engines:list them up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Futurecraft Forums :: Development :: Idea Center-
Jump to: