Futurecraft Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Futurecraft Forums

A forum dedicated to communication and innovation!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome, one and all, to the Futurecraft Forums!

Project: Shadow of Intent

Go down 
+6
Laserbilly
Soul of Jack
Talon
Captain stufuzzycat
Tiel+
hyperlite
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

Project: Shadow of Intent - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:12 pm

Tiel wrote:
Destroyers are at least 2x the size of a frigate according to the novel The Fall of Reach. Well, maybe length as opposed to height, but still. I'm a Halo nitpicker Razz

I remember the Iroquois as being only slightly larger than a UNSC frigate? It's been a while though...
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Lord/Lady Rear Admiral 1st
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 8:23 pm

In the Fall of Reach it was said a UNSC destroyer was practically a heavily armored frigate. Now, we all know around 85% of a UNSC frigate's mass is the MAC cannon and its rounds. We also know a UNSC destroyer has not one, but two MAC cannons. So ergo, a destroyer should have the mass of around two UNSC frigates, plus some due to the reinforced armor and faster engines.
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 2:36 am

Tiel wrote:
In the Fall of Reach it was said a UNSC destroyer was practically a heavily armored frigate. Now, we all know around 85% of a UNSC frigate's mass is the MAC cannon and its rounds. We also know a UNSC destroyer has not one, but two MAC cannons. So ergo, a destroyer should have the mass of around two UNSC frigates, plus some due to the reinforced armor and faster engines.

A frigate is basically a ship built around a MAC, usually around a meter of titanium hull plating and some other weapon systems with some space for personnel and vehicles. Take a frigate, wrap it in another two meters of titanium-A; add another MAC, 50 or so HEVs, about 30 more archer missile pods, and 20 point-defense turrets; and take away the space used as a hangar and you have one of the most effective antiship weapons in the UNSC.
Back to top Go down
Avenger_7
Sergeant
Sergeant
Avenger_7

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 2:34 pm

catsonmeth wrote:
Tiel wrote:

A frigate is basically a ship built around a MAC, usually around a meter of titanium hull plating and some other weapon systems with some space for personnel and vehicles. Take a frigate, wrap it in another two meters of titanium-A; add another MAC, 50 or so HEVs, about 30 more archer missile pods, and 20 point-defense turrets; and take away the space used as a hangar and you have one of the most effective antiship weapons in the UNSC.

In The Fall of Reach, it's stated as being only slightly larger than a frigate, but with thicker armor and moar dakka.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:36 pm

Stop arguing, and just build the thing!
Back to top Go down
Tiel+
Tiel+

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 7:44 pm

Mackeroth? wrote:

No one's arguing. We're having an intelligent discussion Smile
Back to top Go down
torrentialAberration
Infantry
Infantry
torrentialAberration

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:54 am

Avenger_7 wrote:

In The Fall of Reach, it's stated as being only slightly larger than a frigate, but with thicker armor and moar dakka.

Yes, some of the larger frigates are even longer than small destroyers with only a few meters of length difference between them. All the extra awesome accounts for the increase in mass.
Back to top Go down
The Schmetterling
DEV
DEV
The Schmetterling

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:06 am

Lord Tiel wrote:
Mackeroth? wrote:

No one's arguing. We're having an intelligent discussion Smile

Sorry, I couldn't be bothered to read all of your posts. So instead I asked whether you were arguing or not, so I could figure out whether I should lock the thread. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project: Shadow of Intent   Project: Shadow of Intent - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project: Shadow of Intent
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2